Bittersweet ending of your choice

Kenton Stark

Given GRRM's bittersweet ending, I would be interested in hearing your choices from the following 

1. Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives, Jon, Bran Tyrion?

2.Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives Dany, Sansa, Arya?

3. Only one of these characters die , the others survive and flourish, Ramsey, Petyr or Euron?

4. Only one Direwolf or only one Dragon gets to survive, which onedo you choose?

5.  Only one of these secondary houses survives, Manderly,Umber, Blackwood, Dayne, Royce or Hightower which one do you choose?

6. Choose one of these events. 7 kingdoms break up and are ruled individually, Dany goes back to Essos and rebuilds the Freehold but abolishes slavery or Westeros is saved but the darkness/winter/ghost grass from Asshahi takes over the entire continent of Essos (the narrow sea is the new wall).

36 minutes ago, Kenton Stark said:

Given GRRM's bittersweet ending, I would be interested in hearing your choices from the following 

1. Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives, Jon, Bran Tyrion?

2.Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives Dany, Sansa, Arya?

3. Only one of these characters die , the others survive and flourish, Ramsey, Petyr or Euron?

4. Only one Direwolf or only one Dragon gets to survive, which onedo you choose?

5.  Only one of these secondary houses survives, Manderly,Umber, Blackwood, Dayne, Royce or Hightower which one do you choose?

6. Choose one of these events. 7 kingdoms break up and are ruled individually, Dany goes back to Essos and rebuilds the Freehold but abolishes slavery or Westeros is saved but the darkness/winter/ghost grass from Asshahi takes over the entire continent of Essos (the narrow sea is the new wall).

1. Tyrion

2. Sansa

3. Euron

4. Direwolf

5. Dayne

6. 1

2 hours ago, Kenton Stark said:

1. Tyrion

2. Dany 

3. Ramsey

4. Manderly 

Way too much bitter, and not nearly enough sweet.

1.  Bran.  He started the story, he will finish it.

2.  Sansa.  I don't care about Dany, and I think Arya might go out in a blaze of glory.  Sansa would be a good post-war ruler.

3.  Euron dies.  He is the most dangerous.  Ramsay is geographically limited, and Petyr keeps his misbehavior in check.

4.  Direwolf.  Probably Summer.

5.  Manderly.  I'm a Northerner at heart.

6.  7 Kingdoms break up.  I actually expect something like this to happen.  Certainly the North and Dorne.

3 hours ago, Kenton Stark said:

1. Jon. Bran would eventually head down the half-man/half-tree path or another form of dark existence as the 3 eyed crow. I'd rather see him dead. Tyrion has seen much, endured more. It feels like a logical outcome for him to die. Jon has "died", hopefully to rise again, harder, stronger. 

2. I'm torn between keeping Sansa and Arya. I could see Dany going out on dragon-back in war, or maybe even something less heroic. Arya may have gone too far down death's path. Sansa is hardly my favorite, but I'll keep her alive.

3. Kill Ramsey. He's an animal that needs to be put down. Petyr could be effectively "neutered" the new King/Queen and/or major Lords decide to weaken him. Strip his titles, strip his lands and incomes, and jail him. He doesn't have anyone who loves or needs him enough to go to war to save him. Euron is just waiting to have the Ironborn turn on him. He ends up mutilated and useless.

4. Direwolf. Easy. Dragons all die saving the world.

5. Manderly. They are probably the house we know most intimately from the books. That and their (supposed) loyalty to the Starks makes them my pick.

6. I expect the 7 Kingdoms to break up, and wouldn't mind. But given these choices, give me Dany in Essos. She can rebuild Valyria in her image. Jon can rule Westeros.

3 hours ago, Kenton Stark said:

4. Only one Direwolf or only one Dragon gets to survive, which onedo you choose? Shaggydog

5.  Only one of these secondary houses survives, Manderly,Umber, Blackwood, Dayne, Royce or Hightower which one do you choose? too generic question

6. Choose one of these events. 7 kingdoms break up and are ruled individually, Dany goes back to Essos and rebuilds the Freehold but abolishes slavery or Westeros is saved but the darkness/winter/ghost grass from Asshahi takes over the entire continent of Essos (the narrow sea is the new wall). none

4 hours ago, Kenton Stark said:

1. Bran.

2. Sansa. And I won't even miss any of the other two.

3. Petyr is fun read, Euron not so much but I still tolerate him better than, say, Victarion (though Euron is a worse human being, obviously), Ramsay... he's like trash rotting for too long, he should go.

4. Shaggydog or Viserion. I feel like they're red-furred/scaled stepchildren of their respective litters. Drogon should perish, he is such a dragon Gary Stu.

5. Manderlys are my heroes.

6. I feel like saving Westeros from winter and taking it to Essos would be absurd, but actually dooming it would be interesting (and there are no characters we care for anyway).

Figure I might as well go ahead with this.

1. Bran, because I'm starting to believe my own endgame theory and both Tyrion and Jon die in it. Sad, but possible.

2. Arya, reference to endgame theory plus that whole Sansa lost her wolf and may not be a Stark anymore thing.

3. Euron. Bigger threat than the other two. And I've left Arya alive--pretty sure she can deal with Ramsay and LF if need be.

4. Nymeria. She comes with an army of lesser wolves to do her bidding.

5. Can't choose.

6. I'll take option 1, but with the caveat that they have a High King or Queen to keep them from constantly warring with one another.

Tyrion, Jon, arya  Sansa and Bran all live.  Meera dies, Jojen dies, Petyr, Ramsey and Euron die. Roose lives to see his house die out 
Jon and Dany end up falling in love but Dany dies and Jon is bitter once more. Arya and sansa put down stoneheart. 
Bran survives and helps with the war, but he never leaves the children's cave, and grows old watching his family grow old and one by one die off as he grows old in the tree. After his whole family, their children and grandchildren all die, Bran begins the search for the next greenseer 

7 hours ago, Kenton Stark said:

1. Tyrion

2. Sansa

3. Petyr

4. Ghost and some dragon, don't really care which.

5. Royce

6. Dany goes back to Westeros as that's the least bad option.

8 hours ago, Kenton Stark said:

Tyrion by far.  I can't stand Jon and Bran is soooo booring.

Easy choice.  I want Daenerys to survive.  Sansa and Arya can die. 

Petyr survives.  Ramsey and Euron die horribly.

I want the dragon Drogon to survive.

Dayne

Empress Daenerys wins the game of thrones and rules over both Westeros and Essos.  Jon and Arya both die.  Bran becomes just a tree with no special powers.  Sansa dies.  Rickon becomes a wildling.  As you can tell, I do not want a bittersweet ending.  This is my SWEET ending.

8 hours ago, Kenton Stark said:

1. Jon

2. Sansa

3. Baelish

4. Ghost

5. Only one? Cruel choice to force on me, but I'll go Manderly

6. 7 kingdoms break up. The Starks rule the North as Kings once again

1. Bran, if you can call that living (Being permanently wired into the Weirwood network and stuff)

2. Sansa

3.Littlefinger dies. Ramsay becomes an outlaw and Euron is rendered ineffective with the weakening of whatever he works with.

4. Rhaegal.

5.I don't really care too much about this particular selection of houses. Hightower?

6. Both these scenarios seem weird. Rebuilding the Freehold, why? As for the Ghost Grass...I wouldn't take anything the Dothraki believe in seriously. It'd be like asking a particularly angry and stupid toddler.

13 hours ago, Kenton Stark said:

Given GRRM's bittersweet ending, I  would be interested in hearing your choices from the following 

1. Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives, Jon, Bran Tyrion?

Bran.  As someone pointed out above me, he began the series; he'll end it. 

Ah, this hard.  Tie between Sansa and Arya.  There is that "you'll have needle frozen in your hand in the Spring" scene possibly foreshadowing Arya's death...  I'll say Sansa. 

Euron.  Worse than the other two.  I also feel that LF's downfall will entail his debt scheme being uncovered and him being exiled to Essos, poor and ashamed - living being his ironic punishment. 

Is it too late to pick Lady? ;) Summer, so Bran won't be alone. 

Only one is too bitter.  Manderly, Royce, and Blackwood survive via the female line (mostly female heirs in these houses anyway).  Name lost but family still continues.  House Dayne survives via Edric.

Combination of 1 and 2.  Kingdom of the North survives, Dany becomes an (unsung?) hero in Westeros, only to return to Essos to rule. 

Archived