Why do people want Aegon to be real?

2 hours ago, theblackdragonI said:

I hope so, him wielding blackfyre against the others would be great to read about.

In an Con read chapter for Dance with Dragons where Tyrion hears Illyrio and Haldon speaking quietly in Valyiran (I think). One of the few words he can make out is sword. If Blackfyre doesn't appear I will eat my non existent  internet hat.

1 hour ago, Lord Wraith said:

In an Con read chapter for Dance with Dragons where Tyrion hears Illyrio and Haldon speaking quietly in Valyiran (I think). One of the few words he can make out is sword. If Blackfyre doesn't appear I will eat my non existent  internet hat.

Blackfyre pretty much has to appear. Whether it's will be connected to Aegon or prove anything is questionable but it has to show up.

Your non-existent internet hat is safe. :D

7 minutes ago, shortguy457 said:

whats the deal with Blackfyre, i dont remember such name from the books. Could look it up, but want to know your guys thoughts first.

House Blackfyre. Targaryen off shoot, long time enemies. They're basically Targs + more racism. Want to build a nice big wall on the border with Dorne. 

15 hours ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

99% of people think that he is a Blackfyre. If you look deeper it seems like he is Lyanna and Rhaegar's baby. 

It would be very very very boring if he was a Blackfyre because 99% of the community thinks he is and there are 1,000,000 videos circle jerking this theory.

I don't think George would have Aegon be Aegon Blackfyre because of how obvious it is on the surface.

Aegon is Rhaegar's son. The prince that was promised. He is his father reincarnate but instead of a preferance for music and weed he likes fighting.

The community is a very small subset of the readership, most of whom will never have read the Dunk and Egg books and most of whom therefore will know little about Blackfyres and their significance.

Aegon being fake is not obvious to the wider readership.

I can’t help thinking that if Robert arrived to KL before the butcher then things would be different. Rhaegar betrayed Elia’s trust as much as he did to Robert. During the war, she was nothing more as a glorified hostage as her husband abandoned her in KL and Aerys used her as leverage with the Martells.  Robert is a warrior. He faces his enemies on the battlefield. I can’t see him unleashing his fury against a frail innocent woman and her children especially with Jon, Ned and Selmy around. 

Elia would probably spend a couple of days in a cell, only to bend the knee soon after and then married off to some bore (Stannis?) who’ll have the task to make sure her children stays in line and do not rebel. In time Aegon would be persuaded to take the black and Rhaenys would probably marry some minor Lord’s son.

I think at this point it doesn't really matter who he is. He's on the ground with thousands of elite men and making moves in Cersei's backyard. 

I'd like him to be real just because I think it would be poetic for Aegon to end the royal line that began over his supposed dead corpse. 

3 hours ago, devilish said:

Robert is a warrior. He faces his enemies on the battlefield. I can’t see him unleashing his fury against a frail innocent woman and her children especially with Jon, Ned and Selmy around. 

I don't know if he would "unleash his fury" on them, but Robert was pretty brutally clear in his belief that he had to kill the bloodline. Elia might be spared, but the kids would have to go. I don't know if Ned could stop him, but if not I'm sure he would shame Robert into doing it himself. 

1 minute ago, Lord Vance II said:

I think at this point it doesn't really matter who he is. He's on the ground with thousands of elite men and making moves in Cersei's backyard. 

I'd like him to be real just because I think it would be poetic for Aegon to end the royal line that began over his supposed dead corpse. 

I don't know if he would "unleash his fury" on them, but Robert was pretty brutally clear in his belief that he had to kill the bloodline. Elia might be spared, but the kids would have to go. I don't know if Ned could stop him, but if not I'm sure he would shame Robert into doing it himself. 

If Robert admitted that what Tywin did was wrong then, as king, he would be forced to bring him to justice. The Baratheons have a reputation of marrrying their defeated queens to gain legitimacy. I think Tywin anticipated that possibility by storming KL and by killing the royal family. 

Archived