Han Solo Movie Cast First Shot

Manhole Eunuchsbane

44 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

The only characters from the old movies that might be in it are the droids and Chewie.  The problem with where it is being set is that it has to be about Snoke/Thrawn/Ezra.  They have already basically done what is happening in the wider galaxy in that time period in the books (and oh my is it ever complete garbage).  You can't have Luke, Han, or Leia in it without recasting (Fisher passed, Ford hated Star Wars before they killed off Han, and from how Hamill is talking in interviews he's basically done with Star Wars after the shitshow that was episode 8) 

I'd bet money Leia will show up at least as a hologram transmission pleading someone to join the resistance. They'll fit the droids in because they always do. The books are not canont. It almost certainly will not be about Snoke/Thrawn/Ezra. This is not a Dave Filoni animated series.

Also the last I heard was Hamill was hinting on twitter that he was in IX.

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'd bet money Leia will show up at least as a hologram transmission pleading someone to join the resistance. They'll fit the droids in because they always do. The books are not canont. It almost certainly will not be about Snoke/Thrawn/Ezra. This is not a Dave Filoni animated series.

Umm what?  Aftermath and it's sequels are canon.  There is a few Leia books that are also canon.  It almost certainly will be about the Unknown regions which is where Snoke/Thrawn/Ezra are.  And I know it's not a Dave Filoni series.  You think Snoke was created by Filoni?

12 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I assume he means the NEW Eu books. Otherwise, yes, everything you said.

I doubt it will be about Snoke, I don't think he has even shown up yet when this is set.

Also I heard they cast some youngins as Han and Lando? Some sort of film coming out?

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

Umm what?  Aftermath and it's sequels are canon.  There is a few Leia books that are also canon.  It almost certainly will be about the Unknown regions which is where Snoke/Thrawn/Ezra are.  And I know it's not a Dave Filoni series.  You think Snoke was created by Filoni?

Sorry, I thought you meant the old EU. This new show will not be about the unknown regions. There's plenty to mine in the "known regions." (aka the setting that people expect from a star wars series.)

I know Snoke was not created by Filoni, but Ezra and canon-Thrawn were. I don't see their story resolving here while he's still cranking out episodes of animated shows.

Suppose they could finally tell us who the old man at the beginning of Force Awakens was and why we should care that Ren blew up his town.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Suppose they could finally tell us who the old man at the beginning of Force Awakens was and why we should care that Ren blew up his town.

That would be nice.

As for the new books (and the comics) I suspect they'll only ever be canon until they get in the way of live-action plans. They've done it before and they'll do it again. I'm sure folk will be upset when it happens but at this point I think they've had plenty of experience being burned by the expanded media to take this as a given risk.

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

He was Plot Man. He was there because plot and he was killed because plot.

Why don't you care about Plot Man?

33 minutes ago, Durckad said:

He was Plot Man. He was there because plot and he was killed because plot.

Why don't you care about Plot Man?

they will make us care with a 5 season story arc! It'll be the star wars equivalent of "better Call Saul" and we'll all cry when witnessing plot man's death on future rewatches of EPVII

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

I believe the current Poe comic run is covering that right now.

3 hours ago, red snow said:

That would be nice.

As for the new books (and the comics) I suspect they'll only ever be canon until they get in the way of live-action plans. They've done it before and they'll do it again. I'm sure folk will be upset when it happens but at this point I think they've had plenty of experience being burned by the expanded media to take this as a given risk.

I dunno, the new stuff is being overseen way more rigidly then the old EU, I don't see them doing anything like that any time soon.

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I believe the current Poe comic run is covering that right now.

I dunno, the new stuff is being overseen way more rigidly then the old EU, I don't see them doing anything like that any time soon.

Yeah, I think the TV show is a little too soon for them to erase the new EU canon. But I could see it happen in the next decade.

On 5/13/2018 at 1:31 AM, RumHam said:

Sorry, I thought you meant the old EU. This new show will not be about the unknown regions. There's plenty to mine in the "known regions." (aka the setting that people expect from a star wars series.)

I know Snoke was not created by Filoni, but Ezra and canon-Thrawn were. I don't see their story resolving here while he's still cranking out episodes of animated shows.

There isn't plenty to mine according the the CANON stories Disney has been putting out.  Are you excited to see Mon Mothma declaring the war over and disbanding the "Republic" fleet?  I said it has to be about the unknown regions because that's the only "hot spot" during that time frame.  Snoke hasn't shown up there "yet" but he is due to in that timeframe.  The Unknown Regions are where the Empire flees too and where the first order comes out from with Snoke at its head.  Ezra and Thrawn are there.

Also I assume you didn't know but Rebels is done and Filoni's next show will be a prelude to Episode 7 about the Resistance.  There may be Ahsoka in that, but Thrawn will have to be dealt with plot wise in some form before that, whether by TV show, comic, or book.  Though the former would make Disney the most money.

3 hours ago, Slurktan said:

There isn't plenty to mine according the the CANON stories Disney has been putting out.  Are you excited to see Mon Mothma declaring the war over and disbanding the "Republic" fleet?  I said it has to be about the unknown regions because that's the only "hot spot" during that time frame.  Snoke hasn't shown up there "yet" but he is due to in that timeframe.  The Unknown Regions are where the Empire flees too and where the first order comes out from with Snoke at its head.  Ezra and Thrawn are there.

Also I assume you didn't know but Rebels is done and Filoni's next show will be a prelude to Episode 7 about the Resistance.  There may be Ahsoka in that, but Thrawn will have to be dealt with plot wise in some form before that, whether by TV show, comic, or book.  Though the former would make Disney the most money.

I'm not suggesting they should re-tell the stories from the new books, just that we've seen very little of the known regions. There are other stories to tell without going into the unknown regions. We have no idea what this show will be about. All the empire/rebellion/first order/resistance stuff could just be in the background of a Firefly-esq story about a ship of smugglers or something. I would be very surprised if this show is set in the Unknown Regions. 

Yeah, I know Rebels ended and the new show is coming. I just suspect they'll leave Ahsoka/Ezra/Thrawn for him to deal with, either in Resistance or the next one. Thrawn is the most likely to show up elsewhere, but I don't see why you think he has to be dealt with before the Resistance show. Why couldn't he for example show up in Episode IX or Resistance if they wanted for the first time since the Rebels finale? 

Archived