Arya will become Queen

TyrionTLannister

On 2017-04-03 at 4:07 PM, DutchArya said:

Actually when he announced his Will at the sealing in front of his witnesses, he names his dead siblings. Arya was not among them. How he words the Will is completely ambiguous and we really have no clue. 

Yes I agree that the Will is ambiguous. And like already mentioned, Lady Stoneheart is in possession of Robb's crown and we are shown that LS is only searching for Arya specifically. Why not search for both her daughers? 

I think there's a much bigger chance Jon is the heir, but I wonder why the Stark banners didn't join up with Jon at the wall right before joining Stannis march to Winterfell. I'm not saying they could declare Jon king infront of Stannis, but someone could at least made Jon aware of the Will behind closed doors. My point is that, instead they march against Winterfell where fArya is. It's also interesting that most Stark-loyal lords who have currently "sided" with the Boltons is obviously trying bring them down from the inside, weakening them against Stannis. And smuggling out fArya alive was of great importance, since one of the women doing it went as far as willingly sacrificing her life so fArya could escape. 

But then again, it still might just be the people who were at Robb's sealing of the Will who knows it's content.

9 hours ago, Newstar said:

If I understand you correctly, you seem to suggest that being like Sansa and Margaery (as you understand her) is the only way for a woman to be successful in political world of Westeros. Yet you mentioned Lady Olenna too, a woman who is famous for being far from courteous or kind. Still, she is generally considered one the most successful political players and I have never actually seen anyone questioning her ability to function among Westerosi nobility.  She is not the only one. Asha Greyjoy, Lady Dustin, Lady Mormont, Miranda Royce aren't exactly the hearts of courtesy and gentle manners either.

14 hours ago, Newstar said:

Arya being temperamentally incapable of being or even of pretending to act like a lady for any sustained period of time strongly suggests that she's not going to be Westeros queen material, much less Good Queen Arya material. Lyanna wasn't ever queen, either, and given what we've seen of her that was likely for the best.

If you view the Starklings' arcs as parallel training arcs, it seems as if their mentors or the primary characters with whom they've been interacting and who have been influencing them will be predictive of the skills they're acquiring and will presumably use in the future. Bran has Jojen and Bloodraven (sages with supernatural abilities). Jon has Aemon, Jeor Mormont, Mance and Stannis (mostly leaders and kings). Sansa has Cersei, Margaery, the Hound, and Littlefinger (two queens, a warrior who stripped away her illusions about chivalry and who gave her advice on how to survive at court, and a political mastermind). Arya has Syrio, Jaqen, the Hound, and the kindly man (fighters, warriors, and assassins). 

So if anyone's being trained how to rule, it's not Arya, but Jon (and Dany of course). If anyone's learning how to be a political mover and shaker at court, it's not Arya, but Sansa. Littlefinger specializes in subtle, "feminine" forms of influence like Margaery and Olenna. Littlefinger is even more "ladylike" in his behaviours than a lot of the actual ladies in ASOIAF, and I'm not talking about his dress sense: he is polished, witty, charming, amiable, and most of all seen as harmless. He is so good at what he does that over and over he gets intelligent people who distrust him to do exactly what he wants them to do. He is the perfect person to teach Sansa about how to maneuver in courtly settings, about how to sniff out plots and schemes, and about how to curry influence. She already got a crash course in surviving at court in KL, and now he's teaching her how to thrive.

So according to you Arya cannot be queen because she is unladylike. I didn't know being ladylike was a prerequisite in the books to be queen. I'm quite certain that her character does not automatically disqualify her from becoming queen based on anything we've seen in the text so far. In fact, Visenya is described as a temperamental woman with an unforgiving streak. She's a warrior queen. Then we have Nymeria, the warrior queen who I very much doubt was "ladylike" as you describe a queen should be. Arya may not be feminine and seductive as yet but I'm pretty sure she'll get there in the next book.

And your choice of words "lousy personality" and "being an asshole" to describe Arya makes me think you dislike the character in general. Arya, IMO, is one of the most empathetic characters in the story who can show great kindness and compassion to the most needy in society, which would be a great trait for a queen to have. She does not view and judge people by their status in society. Another great trait to have for a leader wouldn't you say? She is vengeful, but she's still a child who has witnessed terrible horror and is trying to cope as best as she knows how. 

I cant understand where this theory originated from and why so many fans support it.For me a romantic relationship between Arya and Jon seems impossible.There are no clues that could hint of a possible relationship between them and GRRM leaves clues (even if there are carefully concealed).Although we can see from the books how important they are for each other and keeping in mind  the quote that  Jon said at the first book something about"sometimes different roads lead to the same castle"we can assume that they will possible reunite but i dont think it will lead to something romantic.:unsure:

17 minutes ago, Valedina said:

I cant understand where this theory originated from and why so many fans support it.For me a romantic relationship between Arya and Jon seems impossible.There are no clues that could hint of a possible relationship between them and GRRM leaves clues (even if there are carefully concealed).Although we can see from the books how important they are for each other and keeping in mind  the quote that  Jon said at the first book something about"sometimes different roads lead to the same castle"we can assume that they will possible reunite but i dont think it will lead to something romantic.:unsure:

Rabid Arya(+Jon) fangirlism is unfathomable to reasonable people.They want to pair up their perfect, wonderful Arya with the perfect, wonderful Jon, who'll become King, so Arya can becone Queen. QED.

It's nothing to do with the in-world reality and what the text provides. Everything is interpreted towards their goal, quotes pulled without context to support the wonderfullness of Arya. Text contradicting their wonderful Xen...Arya head canon is glibly dismissed.

They seldom quote this bit, from Jon, talking directly to Arya. "The longer you hide, the stricter the penance, You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers." Now, Jon is no prophet, so why should Ned be? (Many think Ned's quotes like "I'm no father to queens" to mean Ned IS father to A queen, Arya, see?)

Now, Arya is a wonderful little character. Entitled, spoiled, imperious. Quite annoying much of the time in the first three books, but smart and a natural leader, especially when she can pull rank. Loyal to her friends... if they are loyal to her. She doesn't think very highly of Hot Pie or Gendry after they leave her to make their own way in the world. For her, it's Arya's way or no way. She's very black and white (hahaha), as is understandable in someone for so young and traumatised. Her experience in the House of Black and White and the wider Braavos will, hopefully, teach her something and hopefully she'll be Arya Stark again, only older and smarter. I love her so.

2 hours ago, talvikorppi said:

Rabid Arya(+Jon) fangirlism is unfathomable to reasonable people.They want to pair up their perfect, wonderful Arya with the perfect, wonderful Jon, who'll become King, so Arya can becone Queen. QED.

Firstly, I was never a hardcore fan (Arya or Jon) . Initially I had only seen the show. Actors had given interviews about Jon liking redheads. Then there was an interesting asoiaf post pointing in this direction (Yes, I mean Sansa -Jon).

So I set out to prove to myself that Sansa and Jon could happen.I began to read the books which (I had not read before) and frequent the forums a lot! But instead of the ending I wanted and expected, I reached a different version.

In that ending it was not Sansa , but Dany and Arya who would marry Jon. I published a endgame write up somewhere in November 2015 in my tumblr blog .  http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/

But when I tried to convince people about this endgame (especially about Jon and  Arya happening), I found a lot of skepticism from what you like to call reasonable people. And this is the story behind my username. As there was so much unwillingness to consider the possibility that Arya-Jon could happen, thats the username I would use.

Now I am not denying that I began to like Jon and Arya bond as I delved deeper into Asoiaf universe. Of course I did. I find their platonic love among the most beautiful there can be.  But the consideration of marriage only came because of the hints about Arya being a queen. This post I had made 5 months ago approx. The OP has included a lot of ideas from it.

http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/153082444899/the-case-for-arya-becoming-a-queen-in-her-endgame

I just saw the hints, from text as recently as in ADWD and AFFC (which is imp to me as it proves that Grrm wanted to make Arya queen at least till that point). You can see that if you go to the link (though OP has mentioned most of them)

But my favourite one is from AGOT

“Brandon. Yes. Brandon would know what to do. He always did. It was all meant for Brandon. You, Winterfell, everything. He was born to be a King’s Hand and a father to queens. I never asked for this cup to pass to me.”

This father to queens line was what made me start my search. I had just started reading game of thrones. I was hoping to prove and find hints for Sansa-Jon marriage. When I saw the father to queens line, I only initially looked at it from the perspective of Sansa. Its only a day later, I thought , hey this line could mean Arya. So I searched for such theories on Asoiaf. There I heard about the outline that had leaked. It was then for the first time I considered possibility of Arya and Jon being a pair and it was only then that I got the courage to consider something which seemed so inprobable to me. But it did make sense once I considered it. Arya is certainly not the type for Aegon (fake) and there were very few male heirs to consider who could be the king. Grrm has mentioned that his ending from 1991 would mostly remain same. Plus Arya being queen is the most unpredictable crazy thing I could imagine. So it made sense as game of thrones is itself unpredictable and crazy like hell. Then I found some other concepts / hints which added support to the theory of Arya-Jon marriage.

Coming back to your post. You are generalizing people and dismissing their reasoning capablities because hey they are Arya / Jon shippers/fans? Maybe , just maybe that's not the case? People may have arrived at this conclusion based on their own reasoning ability? Its disappointing how people tend to generalize other people and judge them. I have from my experience in the forum realized that  trying to change other people's opinion (when subjective) is a waste of time :). But still I am making a try, in case it works.  

(mostly wont be there to reply in case you are expecting one ) 

30 minutes ago, Arya-Jon said:

Firstly, I was never a hardcore fan (Arya or Jon) . Initially I had only seen the show. Actors had given interviews about Jon liking redheads. Then there was an interesting asoiaf post pointing in this direction (Yes, I mean Sansa -Jon).

So I set out to prove to myself that Sansa and Jon could happen.I began to read the books which (I had not read before) and frequent the forums a lot! But instead of the ending I wanted and expected, I reached a different version.

In that ending it was not Sansa , but Dany and Arya who would marry Jon. I published a endgame write up somewhere in November 2015 in my tumblr blog .  http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/

But when I tried to convince people about this endgame (especially about Jon and  Arya happening), I found a lot of skepticism from what you like to call reasonable people. And this is the story behind my username. As there was so much unwillingness to consider the possibility that Arya-Jon could happen, thats the username I would use.

Now I am not denying that I began to like Jon and Arya bond as I delved deeper into Asoiaf universe. Of course I did. I find their platonic love among the most beautiful there can be.  But the consideration of marriage only came because of the hints about Arya being a queen. This post I had made 5 months ago approx. The OP has included a lot of ideas from it.

http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/153082444899/the-case-for-arya-becoming-a-queen-in-her-endgame

I just saw the hints, from text as recently as in ADWD and AFFC. You can see that if you go to the link (though OP has mentioned most of them)

But my favourite one is from AGOT

This father to queens line was what made me start my search. I had just started reading game of thrones. I was hoping to prove Sansa will become queen. When I saw the father to queens line, I only initially looked at it from the perspective of Sansa. Its only a day later, I thought , hey this line could mean Arya. So I searched for such theories on Asoiaf. There I heard about the outline that had leaked. It was then for the first time I considered possibility of Arya and Jon being a pair and it was only then that I got the courage to consider something which seemed so inprobable to me. But it did make sense once I considered it. Arya is certainly not the type for Aegon (fake) and there were very few male heirs to consider who could be the king. Grrm has mentioned that his ending from 1991 would mostly remain same. Plus Arya being queen is the most unpredictable crazy thing I could imagine. So it made sense as game of thrones is itself unpredictable and crazy like hell. Then I found some other concepts / hints which added support to the theory of Arya-Jon marriage.

Coming back to your post. You are generalizing people and dismissing their reasoning capablities because hey they are Arya / Jon shippers/fans? Maybe , just maybe that's not the case? People may have arrived at this conclusion based on their own reasoning ability? Its disappointing how people tend to generalize other people and judge them. I have from my experience in the forum realized that  trying to change other people's opinion (when subjective) is a waste of time :). But still I am making a try, in case it works.  

(mostly wont be there to reply in case you are expecting one ) 

Thank you, Arya-Jon, for such a heartfelt post.

And please accept my apologies for being so ratty and generalising above. It's all too easy seeing a tendency among what you imagine is a fangirl/boydom, losing sight of nuances.

Now, as to Arya becoming queen... You quote the oft-quoted Ned quote.

40 minutes ago, Arya-Jon said:

“Brandon. Yes. Brandon would know what to do. He always did. It was all meant for Brandon. You, Winterfell, everything. He was born to be a King’s Hand and a father to queens. I never asked for this cup to pass to me.”

Isn't Ned here saying Brandon would have been father to queens, not Ned?

51 minutes ago, talvikorppi said:

Thank you, Arya-Jon, for such a heartfelt post.

And please accept my apologies for being so ratty and generalising above. It's all too easy seeing a tendency among what you imagine is a fangirl/boydom, losing sight of nuances.

Now, as to Arya becoming queen... You quote the oft-quoted Ned quote.

Isn't Ned here saying Brandon would have been father to queens, not Ned?

You are welcome. I really appreciate your willingness to consider another view. Yeah. The way I see it , he mentions   

I never asked for this cup to pass to me.

He is randomly talking about being Kings hand( which Brandon has no real link too). Brandon was never considered for being king's hand. He is talking about that because he himself is king's hand. So he is basically saying that what he is, should have been Brandon's .

He was talking about this in the context of Sansa's marriage to Joffrey. So he is going to become a father to a queen. (Though the author added queens for some reason which is what caused me to be suspicious).

The author is not talking about Brandon here as brandon never had two daughters, was never close to becoming king's hand. Ned is saying that what he is currently should be Brandon's. He does not want what he has got. He does not seek to be a father to queens.

Now keep in mind that this was written probably before the outline was made (the version in which Sansa was queen and gave birth to Joffrey's son). As he seems to have changed it for Sansa (though Littlefinger still may have a few tricks and there is Fake Aegon wanting to marry someone), he can ultimately change it for Arya. So there is a high possibility that the author has changed it for Arya.

But there is a hint in ADWD that he may not have totally abandoned it 

The girl smiled in a way that reminded Jon so much of his little sister that it almost broke his heart. The snowflakes were melting on her cheeks, but her hair was wrapped in a swirl of lace that Satin had found somewhere, and the snow had begun to collect there, giving her a frosty crown. Her cheeks were flushed and red, and her eyes sparkled. 

So Alys Karstark is being compared to Arya and suddenly out of know where a crown is suddenly put on her. Now it could be coincidence of course. But on a rough search I did not find any such comparison for someone else. Not many people other than Lyanna have been linked with a frosty crown. One possibility is that the author is trying to compare Arya to Lyanna who also had a frosty crown But then I see this in A feast for Crows.

The girl was too young and too plain to be Sansa Stark, but she was of the right age to be the younger sister, and even Lady Catelyn had said that Arya lacked her sister’s beauty. -Brienne thinking about Willow

but it was Willow shouting all the orders, as if she were a queen in her castle and the other children were no more than servants

This is a repeat of the same pattern we saw with Alys. Arya being compared to someone and then Grrm giving some sign of  queenship. This has no connection to Lyanna. 

There is a chance that Grrm was just randomly putting around those lines. Like just for fun he was comparing Willow to a queen. But I am thinking why? Why does he need to compare Willow to a queen? She is just a commoner for gods sake. There are so many common girls who have not been compared to queen. Why Willow? Alys I can still understand. Why does he show a tendency to connect the few  Arya type people to queens soon after the POV character compares them to Arya (Jon and Brienne)?

Now, I dont rule out the chance of all this being random (though to me the chance is  less) or that Grrm has recently (after ADWD) changed his mind.

7 hours ago, Valedina said:

Jon said at the first book something about"sometimes different roads lead to the same castle"we can assume that they will possible reunite but i dont think it will lead to something romantic.:unsure:

I for one , never link them due to romance. I link them because of the hints of Arya being a queen and the hints for Jon becoming a king. Yes it is possible, that Jon would become king at some other time/place than Arya and vice versa.

But especially for Arya, i dont see many people who would fit with her, who will accept her as she is. Who understands her and does not want to change her. Think of  what a king will do when he has a wife who can kill. Who changes faces. Can any king truly love her for what she is? Who is wilfull and does her own thing. Edric Dayne cannot handle that. Gendry can handle better than Dayne, but there is no way he will be king which is the reason I am ruling him out (There are people like Edric Storm around). So if Arya has to marry and has to have a king, I think it will go the same way as the outline. 

There are things to dislike about the Jon-Arya match. But there are things to like too. They are both equals. Ie they are capable in their own different ways. Its not as if one is useless and the other is intelligent. He is her level and she is his. They will care for each other, but not because of inheritance. Very few husband and wife pairs love each other unconditionally. They most probably will.  I think they will marry, simply because they want to stay together and never be separated again and also because them being cousins allows them to. But I just dont see romance as a motivation the way it was in the outline. Like Jon seeing Arya and going all wobbly. Or vice versa. I dont think that is possible. I think they will marry simply looking at the happiness they have together. Arya like Lyanna would know that most men are only interested in her for her claim or cunt.  

I dont think Arya is the kind of person who seeks queenhood. It will just happen despite her not seeking it. The only way I can see that happen is if she fights a war for Jon, wins and some situations arise which compel her to become queen.

(As for the queenhood thing I have elaborated in my previous replies to talvikorrpi. For the Jon king evidence here you go http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/132985969484/my-predicted-asoiaf-endgame-based-on-grrms-hints)

2 hours ago, Arya-Jon said:

The girl smiled in a way that reminded Jon so much of his little sister that it almost broke his heart. The snowflakes were melting on her cheeks, but her hair was wrapped in a swirl of lace that Satin had found somewhere, and the snow had begun to collect there, giving her a frosty crown. Her cheeks were flushed and red, and her eyes sparkled. 

2 hours ago, Arya-Jon said:

So Alys Karstark is being compared to Arya and suddenly out of know where a crown is suddenly put on her. Now it could be coincidence of course. But on a rough search I did not find any such comparison for someone else. Not many people other than Lyanna have been linked with a frosty crown. One possibility is that the author is trying to compare Arya to Lyanna who also had a frosty crown But then I see this in A feast for Crows.

Robb.

The last time Jon Snow sees his brother Robb is in the Winterfell courtyard, snowflakes melting in his hair.

I think this image is repeated several times as regards Jon. Snow was melting in Sam's hair as he left Castle Black. It's shorthand for Jon missing his siblings, his relatively happy childhood, his friends, anything nice, really. It's a very sad and poignant image. Alys is someone from his past, so no wonder she evokes Robb and the happy childhood in Jon's mind. She's also a friendly new presence in the present, so the comparison with Sam is apt.

As to the crown... It's frosty... ice=death... so not a very happy image.

17 minutes ago, talvikorppi said:

Robb.

The last time Jon Snow sees his brother Robb is in the Winterfell courtyard, snowflakes melting in his hair.

I think this image is repeated several times as regards Jon. Snow was melting in Sam's hair as he left Castle Black. It's shorthand for Jon missing his siblings, his relatively happy childhood, his friends, anything nice, really. It's a very sad and poignant image. Alys is someone from his past, so no wonder she evokes Robb and the happy childhood in Jon's mind. She's also a friendly new presence in the present, so the comparison with Sam is apt.

So Starks being the kings of winter are not a happy image? So what if it is not. Starks being ice are evil and Targs being fire are good? (have you heard of pact of ice and fire by the way where Starks are considered to be ice and Targs to be fire signed by Cregan Stark). Ie ice can be starks and not necessarily death. Arya being a Stark, it is perfectly natural for her to have a frosty crown and there is no way the author could make iron/copper fall from the sky or make Alys wear a crown so he chose the normal winter symbolism of the Starks. They are the kings of winter. Starks dont have crowns of fire. They are not dragons.

In case of Robb there was no mention of a frosty crown. Only snow falling on his head (something jon often notices) which kind of proves my point about snow forming a crown being rarely used and only used when the author wants to foreshadow.  Your point about Sam also proves my point that mention of crown when snow falls is rare. Nowhere does he say Sam has a frosty crown. Arya certainly is of the north and would be a queen of winter not summer (where there is only a dream of spring) Kings of winter are stern /hard but not necessarily evil.

Ultimately all this is subjective and dependent on interpretation. Indeed if a person is determined, he/she may chose to ignore the Willow/Arya queen comparison too the same way you are associating Frosty crown negatively (not that you are wrong or right but that it is very subjective ). So I dont think our argument will lead anywhere as we will only give subjective interpretations and never come to a common ground on our subjective interpretations.

But I am glad you agree that both of us have rational reasons for our points of view (and not because we ship someone)

34 minutes ago, talvikorppi said:

Robb.

She isn't evoking Robb. Jon is thinking about Arya while looking at the girl that looks like Arya and he sees the crown made of snow - suggesting a Winter crown.

The description is quite striking:

but her hair was wrapped in a swirl of lace that Satin had found somewhere, and the snow had begun to collect there, giving her a frosty crown. Her cheeks were flushed and red, and her eyes sparkled. 

Even the image of a swirl of white lace is evocative. One of the 3 dresses Arya wears while in the Riverlands was made of white lace as well.

1 hour ago, Arya-Jon said:

So Starks being the kings of winter are not a happy image? So what if it is not. Starks being ice are evil and Targs being fire are good? <snip>

WHOOAH, there.

I never mentioned Targaryens or dragons, so please stop putting words in my mouth.

FWIW, I'm more of a North/Stark sympathiser than a Targ fangirl. Mostly I'm a fan of all the wonderful characters GRRM has created. We are obviously reading the same text differently, and that's all right. I'm not trying to convince you, or anybody else (DutchArya, looking at you ;-) ), I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm merely offering my take on things, providing a slightly alternative view, for the benefit of others who might be reading this thread.

As to the frosty crown. My reading of this work is that it's not just a description (and you agree on this). Where we disagree, seems to be the symbolic meaning of frost (=ice=winter). It seems to me that you view these things as good and "cool" (I apologise if I have misinterpreted your view.) For me, ice/winter (of which frost is a hint/symbol) is a BAD thing. Because Long Night, and just plain real world experience of winter (it's dark and cold, nothing grows).

Yes, in the books the Starks (bless 'em) are associated with ice, snow, winter. In comparison to the southron houses. Fine and dandy, I like that. But their winters aren't apocalyptic Long Nights. They still have warm blood running through their veins (just as Winterfell has warm water running through the walls - ah, I love me a medieval castle with central heating!) The Stark are "icy" but they're physically warm, living human beings. That's why we love Arya and the other Starks. They're human. The real ice is the Others, the apocalypse threatening all humankind. Now, in my book, that is BAD.

I dunno, maybe you're a subscriber to the theories Jon will become the next Night's King and Arya will be his "corpse queen". Somehow I don't think you are, though. I suspect you want them both to be warm, living things (apologies if I have misinterpreted your views)... though what with Jon probably mostly being dead right now, he will be the corpse king... Would you want Arya to marry somebody dead?

1 hour ago, talvikorppi said:

WHOOAH, there.

I never mentioned Targaryens or dragons, so please stop putting words in my mouth.

though what with Jon probably mostly being dead right now, he will be the corpse king... Would you want Arya to marry somebody dead?

Hey, I did not mean that you said it. What I was disagreeing with was your interpretation that snowy crown is negative. For that I needed to emphasize that Starks have always been assosiated as kings of winter.  And in Arya's case there are clearly positive connotations with a queen . The oft quoted "You will marry a king and rule his castle and your sons will be..." . (I know you may say that she rejected it . But remember what Jon did when Mormont's raven began cawing king, king. He felt that it referred to Mormont not him . To me it is an example of a misdirection so as to not give it away to the reader).

Similarly the example of Willow being compared to a Arya and then to a queen giving orders as if children were no more than servants. 

I really really doubt he will be the corpse king. That's Euron or one of the Greyjoys.

Its pretty clear that Reawakened Jon is not a whitewalker but more like Beric. Beric is not  a corpse king  and neither will be Jon.  Beric remembers his past (though to a lesser degree after so many deaths) unlike whitewalkers and remains heroic.

I dont get the desire to associate nights's king or corpse king with those awakened by fire magic . (I am assuming he will be awakened by fire magic in the books).

Would you want Arya to marry somebody dead?

Not about my wanting. What will happen is what the author wants. I am making guesses.

We dont know how Jon will be. But my guess is that he will be somewhat like Beric as thats why the author was showing us everything about Beric.  Though Jon's warg powers mean there will be some more wolfishness in him too. We will know about his ability to produce children as and when / if he has sex with Dany.  If at all there is a child like the OP is speculating, we will know exactly how it goes then.

I think your question should be "Do you mind Arya marrying a wolf". As Jon will probably spend a extreme amount of time in the wolf and lose some/most of his human character (Read Varamyr's chapter for more on this) My answer is that she is wolf herself and will understand that wolfishness well.

Moreover given Arya's situation ,type of behavior and choice , I dont see much chance of a husband unless it is Jon or Gendry .  Because she can detect lies, she will immediately know why the so called husband wants her and will immediately reject him . Moreover the husband being a typical male chauvinist wont help. Jon's love is platonic . So she will like being around him, whether as wife or sister. 

Considering the foreshadowing to be queen, I think it will be Jon as for me chances of Gendry being king are zero.

I just love the quote, because it seems funny, Brandon always knew what to do...and then later we find out how that hot headed womanizer died lol

Ned is a far better lord than Brandon would have been and I think Brandon would have killed Jaime or been killed by Jaime if somehow magically it was him in KL instead of Ned, which would have started a huge war anyway.

I'd rather have Arya be Queen in the North instead, finally home, KL, she learned a lot there, but her thoughts were ever of Winterfell.

4 hours ago, DutchArya said:

She isn't evoking Robb. Jon is thinking about Arya while looking at the girl that looks like Arya and he sees the crown made of snow - suggesting a Winter crown.

The description is quite striking:

but her hair was wrapped in a swirl of lace that Satin had found somewhere, and the snow had begun to collect there, giving her a frosty crown. Her cheeks were flushed and red, and her eyes sparkled. 

Even the image of a swirl of white lace is evocative. One of the 3 dresses Arya wears while in the Riverlands was made of white lace as well.

Arya had to wear that dress because she just in a bath where they "scrubbed her skin off', and then in that same chapter she takes that dress off and puts her own clothes back on. This is not the same as when she was secretly happy with the acorn dress. She almost couldn't wait to get this linen and lace dress off and back into her own "skin." 

• 3 weeks later...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but why do we think Jon will survive the  attack of his fellow brothers in his last appearance in the books?

Or alternatively, die and then be re-animated?

Or even that in either case, he would become a traitor to his vows to become involved in politics?

There is so much we don't know and two entire books yet to be published.

@Arya-Jon. I've just finished your essay and appreciate the work and thought you've put into it. The Tyrion endgame is especially interesting. I've book-marked it for further reference

• 2 months later...

Arya becoming a queen and in the very near future is not a stretch at all. If she comes within spitting distance of the Riverlands, Lady Stoneheart will crown her. Probably as per Robb's will. It is possible that this was the caveat he had against Jon's coronation. After all when the will was made Arya's fate was uncertain. I am not saying that this will happen, but the plot certainly allows for it. Whether she would remain so till the end of the series or sit on the Iron Throne is an entirely different matter.

About some the issues addressed in this thread. It seems first impressions are hard to shed, as many posters still think of Arya as undisciplined and impetuous. These traits were beaten, starved and terrorized out of her in Clash. Calm as still water, the mantra she thought to herself when ever she was to lose her calm, must be the most often repeated words in her POV. With the Faceless Men this trait that grew out of nessecity was deliberately cultivated, by both her master and herself. By now, she has self control that verges on the abnormal and a state of alertness and calculation is second nature.

I also have noticed similarities between Margaery and Arya. Margaery has shown a preferrence for outdoor activities and a certain amount of physical exertion, an ease to socialize with anyone on their own terms (she talked to fishermen about the catch, exchanged bawdy jokes with Kettleblack that wanted to seduce her) and a certain passionate outrage about when defending the cause of the Reach, herself and her cousins. And yes I thought it was a bit ironic that Sansa's ideal sister had things in common with her actual one.

I also agree that Arya is naturally inclined toward leadership, but in a more military setting. Her tutors have been mentioned to have been Syrio, Yoren, Jacken and the Kindly Old Man. But people learn not only from their friends, but from their enemies. She rode with the BwB, saw how a camp is run under Tywin and served as Roose Bolton's cupbearer. In short ahe knows far more about war than any twelve year old and quite possibly more than many adults.

If I were to guess I would say that she is gearing up for a Joan of Arc type role. She hears voices in her head (yes, I think she hears the actual dead) and soon Bran should be able to contcat her at will. Some skills she has would appear as magic, such as the ability to tell truth from lies, and she has actual magic which would allow her to know things that she has no business knowing. Also wolves should obey her and these things combined her birth could serve as a rallying point for people.

Archived