Bakker XLVII: Eär-War - A Nomen of Onomatopoeic Omen

.H.

Okay, the always funky formatting has reached some new level of crazy. I tried to reply here and it ended up editing someone's reply from a couple pages back instead. Sorry about that. Trying to see if this works properly now.

3- Also his teachings are also based off the Tusk, which we know that it is written by A&A

I think Scott has said that the Tusk was actually an amalgamation of pre-existing stories and teachings. The only thing the Inchoroi changed was adding the command to kill the Nonmen. Otherwise the rest of it is legit.

I don't think the Nail looks like a Nail. Rather it's called the Nail because the heavens rotate around it as if it were the Nail around which they spin. In other words, the North Star. It's super bright and appeared a few years before the Ark. People have therefore speculated it's some sort of wormhole or Inchoroi Mothership that brought them to Earwa. 

Negative. The Nail has been around forever, but it flared three years before the Inchoroi arrived. It may be a standing stargate of some kind, or the arrival of the Ark may have caused the flaring through some kind of spatial distortion.

Opening the can of worms, wasn't it the IF that made the Inchoroi gather and sort of start their own Holy War ? I believe in the glossary it is mentioned that" less than one in ten Inchoroi survived" the haphazard landing into Eärwa. And considering that they have conquered whole "planets" before...

It's worth noting that whilst this is true, the Ark is also called a "mother" in a couple of moments, specifically referring to the ship before it "died". So the ship, which is definitely biological, had a crew but it may have also had a way of creating new Inchoroi to replace their losses in battle. Then at some point the ship died (or its biological processes became suspended) and it lost the ability to create new Inchoroi or Tekne artifacts. There's even a bit when Seswatha is in the Ark musing on the ship's ribs or bones, and noting where it looks like skin should have covered parts of the walls or floor but now there's nothing.

The Inverse Fire appears to be absolutely nothing less than a portal into Hell (Scott even capitalises it), freaking the shit out of everyone. It's on board the Ark but not part of it (since the Ark is no longer powered, the Inverse Fire has to be its own thing).

I just finished TTT, and there are unanswered questions of mine that I don't think are meant to be ambiguous. Such as, what happened to Fanayal? Am I supposed to assume he is dead? How about Istriya? Cnaiur? Also, what was up with Zioz? Was the extent of his purpose to pick Achamian up and drop him off on the beach? ...I don't get it. I thought he was supposed to kill him or at least blind him. Also, Aurang's secret to the little boy was unclear, though maybe it was supposed to be that way.

I will say that it is pretty lame how Bakker killed off 

Spoiler

Conphas.

Randomly Chorae were useless against Achamian when this whole time they've been enough to annihilate sorcerors. I know the Ikurei was doomed anyway, but still.

I'm salty that this whole time I thought Eleazaras was in his 60s when actually he was in his 50s.

32 minutes ago, Pino Proxy said:

I just finished TTT, and there are unanswered questions of mine that I don't think are meant to be ambiguous. Such as, what happened to Fanayal? Am I supposed to assume he is dead? How about Istriya? Cnaiur? Also, what was up with Zioz? Was the extent of his purpose to pick Achamian up and drop him off on the beach? ...I don't get it. I thought he was supposed to kill him or at least blind him. Also, Aurang's secret to the little boy was unclear, though maybe it was supposed to be that way.

I will say that it is pretty lame how Bakker killed off 

Reveal hidden contents

Conphas.

Randomly Chorae were useless against Achamian when this whole time they've been enough to annihilate sorcerors. I know the Ikurei was doomed anyway, but still.

I'm salty that this whole time I thought Eleazaras was in his 60s when actually he was in his 50s.

Istyria is dead. The other questions are all RAFO ( Read and find out)  the battle with Zioz was a little ambiguous but we learn more about Ciphrang in The Aspect-Emperor if that may help. And yes he probably wanted to save him to be tortured by Iyokus.I liked how Conphas was killed. It was meant to be lame considering his huge ego and all. Rhymes well to me.

Archived