Moments of Foreshadowing v.12

Lost Melnibonean

Dany wrapped her arms around his shoulders and pressed her face against his neck as he thrust himself inside her. Three quick strokes and it was done. "The stallion who mounts the world," Drogo whispered hoarsely. His hands still smelled of horse blood. He bit at her throat,hard, in the moment of his pleasure,and when he lifted her off, his seed filled her and trickled down the inside of her thighs. 

Daenerys V, Game 46

Foreshadows The Dragon, aka the stallion who mounts the world, driving out Drogo's seed, so that Daenerys can fulfill her destiny and become the Mother of Dragons. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Viserys promised to take Daenerys to Westeros and he died. Drogo promised to take Daenerys to Westeros and he died. Jorah promised to take Daenerys to Westeros and...

The George loves his threes...

"My … queen," Ser Jorah said, going to one knee. "My sword that was his is yours, Daenerys. And my heart as well, that never belonged to your brother. I am only a knight, and I have nothing to offer you but exile, but I beg you, hear me. Let Khal Drogo go. You shall not be alone. I promise you, no man shall take you to Vaes Dothrak unless you wish to go. You need not join the dosh khaleen. Come east with me. Yi Ti, Qarth, the Jade Sea, Asshai by the Shadow. We will see all the wonders yet unseen, and drink what wines the gods see fit to serve us. Please, Khaleesi. I know what you intend. Do not. Do not." {Daenerys X AGOT}

Jorah also wanted to take her East ... show her the world ... shining, shimmering, splendid ... now maybe it cancels out.

Perhaps third time is the charm?

On 2/19/2020 at 10:58 AM, The Map Guy said:

"My … queen," Ser Jorah said, going to one knee. "My sword that was his is yours, Daenerys. And my heart as well, that never belonged to your brother. I am only a knight, and I have nothing to offer you but exile, but I beg you, hear me. Let Khal Drogo go. You shall not be alone. I promise you, no man shall take you to Vaes Dothrak unless you wish to go. You need not join the dosh khaleen. Come east with me. Yi Ti, Qarth, the Jade Sea, Asshai by the Shadow. We will see all the wonders yet unseen, and drink what wines the gods see fit to serve us. Please, Khaleesi. I know what you intend. Do not. Do not." {Daenerys X AGOT}

Jorah also wanted to take her East ... show her the world ... shining, shimmering, splendid ... now maybe it cancels out.

Perhaps third time is the charm?

He said that in desperation when he thought she meant to kill herself. But later he said he wanted to make for Asshai to find a ship to take Daenerys back to Illyrio. 

• 4 months later...

Joffrey Doggett (Joffrey's dog) is simple Sandor foreshadowing. Broadly he will feature in the Warrior's Sons and become Kingsguard.

Specifically it is foreshadowing Sandor being a notable part of the Faith and Warrior's Sons in their coming war with Dany, and his joining of King Tyrion's (who Jaehaerys foreshadows) Kingsguard after Dany is removed. Alysanne and Coryanne Wylde are both Sansa foreshadowing and his (alleged) involvement with them is to echo Sandor and Sansa's relationship. Sandor will save Sansa from an assassination attempt as Joffrey did Alysanne, or it is rehashing the KL riot.

There seems a strong connection between Joffrey and Pate the Woodcock. I think Pate is Arya foreshadowing, but it might be Pod.

Archived