College Basketball: Tournament Time

S John

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Another good one:

Kevin Stallings has more ACC tournament wins than Jim Boeheim and Rick Pitino combined.

That's hilarious. Stallings has been catching a ton of shit here for the dumpster fire that was Pitt hoops this season. Dixon possibly taking TCU to the tournament is only making it worse (or better if you hate Pitt like me).

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

Honestly, since the suspension was announced I've thought it was a brilliant move. Self can say he disciplined JJ. More importantly, they can lose early in the B12 tourney, then have a full week to practice for the NCAA, with no hit to their seed because they weren’t at full strength. Master stroke.

Yep.  He also gets to really get on the guys because of the loss, but he was smiling way too much in his postgame press conference for him to be that worried about it.  It is pretty funny though that my KU message board has quite a few people losing their shit over this.  We looked like a completely different team today with our second best scorer/best defender on the bench today so I'm not really that worried going forward.  Graham went out of the game for several minutes with an injury today, and now we don't have to worry about anything severe happening over the next two days as the players get tired physically and mentally.  And like I said last night, with Jackson out this will not affect our seeding at all.  We might not be the uncoveted "Overall #1 Seed" but we'll still be the #1 seed in the Kansas City regional.  

For some reason I couldn't create another paragraph in that last post, so I'll DP.

K-State is giving Baylor a game, so S John might get his wish of an ISU-WVU final.  Nobody cares about the Big XII Tournament Championship like ISU fans, they usually have as many in attendance as KU does.

Virginia is getting rolled by Notre Dame right now.

5 hours ago, Triskan said:

I did not realize that TJ Leaf played on the Israeli 18 and under national team because he grew up there when his dad played pro ball there for a long time.  Born in Tel Aviv.  

So there's no chance KU loses the 1 seed?  Is there any chance UNC loses a 1 seed if they go down to Duke?  I'm still a little bitter that Oregon could go 31-3, win their 2nd straight league title, and not be a 1 seed.  They have a better resume than they did last year when they were a 1 seed.  

5 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Nope.

Nope and Nope.

One seeds are always relative to the rest of the field.  The PAC teams all have dreadful SOS.  Had UNC lost to MIami there might be conversation to be had.

10 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

For some reason I couldn't create another paragraph in that last post, so I'll DP.

K-State is giving Baylor a game, so S John might get his wish of an ISU-WVU final.  Nobody cares about the Big XII Tournament Championship like ISU fans, they usually have as many in attendance as KU does.

Virginia is getting rolled by Notre Dame right now.

Gotta get through KSU first and they were looking pretty motivated last night.  Will be like a true road game too since the arena will be full of KSU fans as well as ISU fans whose rooting interest is certainly not going to be in playing WVU again.  That said, it'll suck if WVU and ISU meet again and WVU loses since I publically shit-talked them  :lol:.  But I stand by my statements, if it comes to pass that we play again, ISU can only beat WVU if they have an incredible shooting night.  

Another question might be if WVU can move up from thier current projection by winning the Big 12 tournament w/ Baylor and Kansas knocked out of it before we get to them.  WVU is probably a lock for at least a 4 seed, even if they lose today, but was hoping for the opportunity to try for another high RPI win or two.  I doubt we can make it to a 2 w/o defeating Baylor or Kansas one more time, but a team with 27 wins, #2 in the Big XII, and winner of the Big XII tournament - that oughtta be good for a #3, right?

@S John One would think... but you never know with the committee.

UK tipping off in 30 minutes.  I'm probably more worried more about Georgia than whomever we would play tomorrow. They took us to OT in Rupp then played us close in Athens.  And JJ Frazier always goes off for a monster game against us.

While watching on the Watch ESPN App; with 40 seconds left and Kentucky up 28-22; I got a pop up notification on my phone that Kentucky leads at the half 32-25. I already knew the next three shots were going in...

The struggle is real.

10 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Why would you ever subscribe to something that does that :stunned: 

Generally I like the notifications... but when watching on a streaming service, there's that delay that interferes with it quite a bit obviously.

Archived