College Basketball: Tournament Time

S John

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

We've got a barn burner in the KSU-WVU game!  All tied up at 2, six minutes into the game!

One of the worst WVU performances of the year.  I cannot believe we won.

1 hour ago, S John said:

One of the worst WVU performances of the year.  I cannot believe we won.

Especially after making only one of two FTs at the end, and K-State having a full 20sec left.  Really good defense by your guys after that time out.  At least you know you just can't possibly have another game shooting that poorly again this season.

UCLA-Arizona has been a good one in the first half (but also really bad shooting).

47 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Especially after making only one of two FTs at the end, and K-State having a full 20sec left.  Really good defense by your guys after that time out.  At least you know you just can't possibly have another game shooting that poorly again this season.

UCLA-Arizona has been a good one in the first half (but also really bad shooting).

Yep I had totally mentally prepared myself to lose from about 8 minutes in until 0:00.  The D on the last possession was definitely key, but Stokes also made the boneheaded move of picking up his dribble at the 3 point line.  Thougt for sure they'd drive for a layup/ foul.  Had to have been a gut wrenching loss for KSU, hopefully theyll make the field.  

Watching Michigan vs Minnesota, and Mason for Minn, has one of those smooth lefty strokes. Could watch the kid shoot all day, love it.

I will in no way attempt to explain yesterday or the what results might be today. GO EERS!

ETA: I don't think the kids name is Mason, it might be.....the lefty with the sweet stroke...he's fun to watch regardlesss.

On 3/8/2017 at 8:10 PM, Ded As Ned said:

quote for the bump.  Sorry for the dreaded triple post.  

Brackets out tomorrow! :D 

33 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Rumors now that Alford is very interested in the Indiana job which in his case would be a place you could see someone leaving UCLA for.  Could that have had anything to do with UCLA's shit performance last night?

Will be fascinating if that job opens right back up.  Wonder what the chances are of keeping the younger Ball bros.  And Wilkes, the 5 start shooting guard committed to UCLA, I would think goes back to IU if Alford goes there given that he's from Indiana, but that's total baseless speculation on my part based on nothing but geography.

Do you think he could succeed at IU?  I think it would be a bad fit, for my 2 cents.  I think he and UCLA are a great fit, and he'd be dumb to leave what he has going there (such as it is).  IU is a dumpster fire that's going to be a huge challenge for whomever ends up with the job...   

50 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Rumors now that Alford is very interested in the Indiana job which in his case would be a place you could see someone leaving UCLA for.  Could that have had anything to do with UCLA's shit performance last night?

What's up with Ball's thumb?  I saw it get injured last night, and I felt that was probably why they played so poorly in the second half.  Have you heard anything on it today?  If not, I'm sure they'll mention the status of it during the final tonight.

53 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Will be fascinating if that job opens right back up.  Wonder what the chances are of keeping the younger Ball bros.  And Wilkes, the 5 start shooting guard committed to UCLA, I would think goes back to IU if Alford goes there given that he's from Indiana, but that's total baseless speculation on my part based on nothing but geography.

I think he'd be crazy to leave UCLA for IU.  He hasn't really struck me as the best in game coach, so he should try and keep whatever recruiting advantage he can get, and right now it seems like they're a lot more talent in the So Cal area than there is in the Great Lakes region.  I think the younger Balls are UCLA no matter who the coach is... maybe they could be swayed to USC?  I don't know, but I really don't see Daddy Ball let them leave the LA area.  Middle Ball wouldn't be any loss though. Last Ball is supposed to be really good, maybe better than Lonzo.

Looks like ISU won their Superbowl.  Should be good for a first round upset as they don't seem to care about the NCAA tournament like they do the Big XII tournament.  I'm sure they're printing "Big XII Champions" t-shirts right now, omitting the key word.

35 minutes ago, Triskan said:

I've not heard anything about the thumb for Ball yet one way or the other but am anxious to see if it could be an ongoing issue.

He was under the basket and an airball came down and hit his extended thumb in the first half last night.  The rest of the game you could see him rubbing the thumb or hiding it in a fist when ever he could.  It was his off-hand so it would be most concerning for his passing, dribbling, and rebounding.

37 minutes ago, Triskan said:

In other injury news Chris Boucher for Oregon apparently is done for the year with an ACL.  He's basically their 6th starter and a big shot blocker.  Pretty big blow.

That's just horrible.  And he's a senior too.  Poor kid.

Earlier today, the Selection Committee tweeted out that six teams are in discussion for one seeds and that the Sunday games will be considered for seeding purposes.  (Usually, those games don't have any effect... which has been detrimental to Kentucky in situations like last year.)

My assumption is that it's the locks Kansas and Nova, the team that shouldn't be (but will be) Gonzaga, and then the last one is UNC, Oregon, and Kentucky,

Will be rooting for Zona tonight.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Earlier today, the Selection Committee tweeted out that six teams are in discussion for one seeds and that the Sunday games will be considered for seeding purposes.  (Usually, those games don't have any effect... which has been detrimental to Kentucky in situations like last year.)

Are there even any good games on tomorrow?  Looks like all of those were today :P 

I have eight hours of continuing ed tomorrow, and I was worried about missing some good ball... Cincy-SMU might be interesting, but at this point I'm not that disappointed. 

All the chips have fallen as we need them...

Now it's just a matter of beating Arkansas and waiting to see if there ever was a chance.

Ultimately, I don't think it will matter.  If we steal UNC's one seed, I'm sure the bracket will just flip flop and we will get them as our two and the only difference will be that we wear white when we play them in the E8 instead of blue

6 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Are there even any good games on tomorrow?  Looks like all of those were today :P 

I have eight hours of continuing ed tomorrow, and I was worried about missing some good ball... Cincy-SMU might be interesting, but at this point I'm not that disappointed. 

Eh... Michigan v Wiscahnsin might be okay. :dunno: 

I'm hoping the Cats make the SEC game a stinker!!! 

Archived