College Basketball: Tournament Time

S John

5 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Relived that I took Duke over Nova at the moment.  I swear I considered Wisconsin but didn't pull the trigger.  Also sadly took Virginia over Florida which ain't looking good now.  

Northwestern really battled back but couldn't catch Gonzaga, and Arizona overcame a terrible start to beat St. Mary's, so this Gonzaga v. Arizona regional final that I really want to see could still happen.  

Not so fast my friend!  Zags vs. WVU gonna be fun.  And Xavier been on fire.

WTF happened to a Coach's timeout within 30 secs of a media timeout taking place of the media timeout rule??  It was just implemented last year, did the get rid of it this year?  I've seen the quick double commercial break BS so many times during KU games this season, and it just happened in Mich-Louis: 7:37 left in the half, Mich gets trapped in the corner calls TO, 12 seconds of game action later we get a dead ball, and another fucking long ass NCAA commercial break. :bang: 

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

There's been an acknowledgment that the refs f'd up in the Northwestern v. Gonzaga game which was quite obvious.  Gonzaga still probably would have won, but it killed Northwestern's comeback effort.

The coach losing his fucking mind is what cost them. They got the stop on the ensuing possession, but they still gave up the two points because of the Tech. That's a hard call to make in real time.

Damn... I thought Lamar Ball was a harmless piece of trash; but if this report is true, he's a legit piece of shit.

According to Andrew Stephens over at ArmChairAllAmericans.comTina Ball, the mother to the Ball boys, has been hospitalized since Feb. 21 after a severe stroke and life threatening skull surgery to relieve brain pressure. But she hasn’t seen her boys because Lavar will not let them visit her. According to the story, he says it will hurt the Ball brand and diminish sales of BBB merchandise. She has been alone in the hospital as he tours the country for media appearances.

I sincerely hope that's not true. :stillsick: 

1 minute ago, Triskan said:

Horrible if true.  How could that even hurt the brand?

Dunno... as terrible as this may sound, I would think a sick mom would be the kind of story that would grow a brand.

:dunno: 

4 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

WTF happened to a Coach's timeout within 30 secs of a media timeout taking place of the media timeout rule??  It was just implemented last year, did the get rid of it this year?  I've seen the quick double commercial break BS so many times during KU games this season, and it just happened in Mich-Louis: 7:37 left in the half, Mich gets trapped in the corner calls TO, 12 seconds of game action later we get a dead ball, and another fucking long ass NCAA commercial break. :bang: 

And yes.  I asked the same thing during the Kentucky game.  In the first half, the refs were calling zero fouls.  It was under six minutes and still hadn't had the under eight timeout.  WSU calls timeout.  Go to commercial.  12 seconds of game time pass, a traveling call gets the under eight TO.

RIDICULOUS.

Archived