College Basketball: Tournament Time

S John

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Arkansas had that one until the last three minutes.  Started playing hero ball and never got off a decent shot.

Maybe if they'd known that a paid vacation was in their future they could have played a more focused game.

18 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Maybe if they'd known that a paid vacation was in their future they could have played a more focused game.

I see what you did there... you knew Wert doesn't come in the basketball thread. :lol:  I won't make horrible criminal accusations against you here. :rolleyes: 

Besides, these kids are all amateurs and most of them are going pro going pro in something other than sports

Lots of good games today.  I usually hate Sunday of the first weekend of the tournament, because quite often it's a massive source of frustration with CBS's two exclusive early games being completely overshadowed by the final six games of the day being staggered and stacked, as it seems those first two games are typically uninteresting.

32 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I see what you did there...

I don't.

16 minutes ago, Rhom said:

It's a bit of a running joke from the Video Games thread.

I figured it was from a thread in which I do not venture.

Everything is coming up SoCar right now!   Wow, that Eastern Bracket could become wide open.

The refs are doing everything possible to get a Duke win.  This is getting disgusting.  Thankfully SC likely had enough of a lead to keep the win (unlike Arkansas).  Now with Tatum gone, Duke is probably sunk.

4 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

That's awesome to hear. 

A few of my friends are saying similar things - there's definitely some excitement over the hire. 

It must be exciting to have hired such a loyal coach :laugh:

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

I remember a long time ago when Bill Self left Illinois, and it became a fun thing to hate on him.  I'm sure REG remembers too.  :P

But I'm old enough now to realize how stupid that was.

Word is that Underwood was underpaid at OSU, but they've got that T Boone money.  Wonder if they had a chance to counter offer or if Underwood just wasn't feelin it in Stillwater.  In any case, as a WVU fan my primary reaction is relief, I'm glad he didn't take the time to really get it going and make our conference schedule even harder.  

4 minutes ago, S John said:

Word is that Underwood was underpaid at OSU, but they've got that T Boone money.  Wonder if they had a chance to counter offer or if Underwood just wasn't feelin it in Stillwater.  In any case, as a WVU fan my primary reaction is relief, I'm glad he didn't take the time to really get it going and make our conference schedule even harder.  

He wasn't underpaid, he got what a coach of his station deserved.  Illinois got desperate and backed up the brinks truck for him at $3 million per. I don't blame him for leaving, but that's an odd hire for Illinois. Going .500 and one and done in the NCAA tourney makes you worth top tier coaching money?

20 minutes ago, sperry said:

From what I saw on twitter, Underwood wanted to stay at OSU and all he was asking was a pay bump to put him at the Big XII average (he had the lowest pay in the Big XII), and the OSU AD didn't want to do that.  Then Illinois offers him three times what he's getting at OSU... yeah, I'd be gone too.

20 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I remember a long time ago when Bill Self left Illinois, and it became a fun thing to hate on him.  I'm sure REG remembers too.  :P

Oh,

Archived