Daylight savings time sucks spring 2020!!!

Ser Scot A Ellison

Yes.  This weekend is the annual bout of torture we inflict upon ourselves in order to do nothing but screw up our sleep patterns, increases heart problems, and cause more wrecks than normal on our highways.  

http://www.cbsnews.com/media/daylight-saving-time-affects-your-health/5/

http://www.businessinsider.com/daylight-savings-time-bad-health-effects-sleep-2016-3

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME SUCKS, HAS SUCKED, AND CONTINUES TO SUCK!!!!

As I say every year, no. Standard Time sucks, Daylight Savings Time is awesome and should be the only time year-round; we can rename it 'Standard Time' for convenience.

I'd support a permanent 30-minute shift in all clocks worldwide.  That'd probably be a nice sweet spot between the sun not rising in winter until like 9am and still getting a good amount of evening daylight in the summer (if you live in more temperate areas where it shifts drastically with the seasons, anyway)

8 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

And actually, while yes there is an initial spike in car crashes right after the time change, there is an overall reduction in accidents during DST, due to less people driving in the dark. 

Then lets keep it here and stop fucking with the damn time shift.  It is the shift that sucks.  I'm finally used to getting up earlier to get into work earlier (due to work stuff) and I'm dreading the God awful shift next week. 

DST SUCKS!!!

11 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

Scot, when I am biking home in the sun after work instead of getting hit by cars I will be whistling your sweet, sweet name knowing that my joy is founded on your misery.  Thanks pal!

Aren't you going to be biking to work in the dark instead of in the sunlight due the "spring forward"?

No, I am up at 6 and don't go in until 10.  Off at 7 or 10.  LALALALA!  DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!  LALALALALA!  I AM SO HAPPY!  LALALALA!  SHOULD HAVE STARTED WEEKS AGO BUT CONGRESS IS STUPID!  LALALALALA!

Scot has always said in these threads that he doesn't care which time regime is in place as long as it doesn't change. 

Since we have already greatly increased the proportion of the year that we spend in DST since the way it was when I was a child, I think that if Lily Valley believes DST should have started "weeks ago" it really would make a lot more sense for her to have year round DST and not have any changes either.

I think it should end weeks earlier than it does.  The old schedule keeps dawn right around 6-7 am.  That's my sweet spot.  Also, Scot is so nice I like to rib him a little bit about the one peeve we disagree on.

1 hour ago, Fez said:

As I say every year, no. Standard Time sucks, Daylight Savings Time is awesome and should be the only time year-round; we can rename it 'Standard Time' for convenience.

Quoted for mother fuckin' truth!!!!!

Archived