Daylight savings time sucks spring 2020!!!

Ser Scot A Ellison

3 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

If we did it year round the sun wouldn't rise until like 9am during the heart of winter.  I'd hate that.  

Yeah, it's way better that the sun rises at 8, when I'm at work, and sets at 4:30.... when I'm at work.

4 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

If we did it year round the sun wouldn't rise until like 9am during the heart of winter.  I'd hate that.  

Basically already the case here even with the shift back to standard time (up 8:50 down 16:38 jan 1st). And of course even worse further North. Could do with DST year round, light at evening is so much more useful for me.

this thread always brings a smile to my face.

Please Scott for the sake of all our sanity never do shift work.  however as someone who's personal clock changes by 8 hours ever week, I'm just going to laugh at your 1 hour adjustment.   You have it easy.

I figure my annual fit over the stupidity of DST also helps people remember it's coming.  

I still remember the idiots talking about how "we're getting an extra hour of sunlight".  No we're not.  DST does nothing to how long we will have the sun visible in the sky.  Morons:

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I figure my annual fit over the stupidity of DST also helps people remember it's coming.  

I still remember the idiots talking about how "we're getting an extra hour of sunlight".  No we're not.  DST does nothing to how long we will have the sun visible in the sky.  Morons:

Except people are talking about the amount of sunlight they experience during non-work hours, usually in the evening.  On Monday evening, I have an extra hour of daylight to walk the dog, to allow the kids to play outdoors, to go to the park, etc.  Instead of these activities ending around 6pm, they'll end around 7pm.  More time with the sunlight in the evenings.  That's obviously what people mean when they talk about extra hour of sunlight.  

Archived