Daylight savings time sucks spring 2020!!!

Ser Scot A Ellison

"But it's sooo nice to have more daylight in the evenings!"

Yeah, but why don't you just get up earlier and go to sleep earlier then? What's stopping you?

Oh you don't fancy your alarm going off at 5 a.m.? THAT'S WHAT DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME IS! You get up one hour earlier. That's literally what happens. You don't gain one hour, you don't lose one hour, you just do everything one hour earlier. But since you can't actually tell people that, instead you mess around with time. Way to go. 

Daylight saving time: still sucks in 2019. Rant over. 

On 10/12/2019 at 2:57 AM, Erik of Hazelfield said:

"But it's sooo nice to have more daylight in the evenings!"

Yeah, but why don't you just get up earlier and go to sleep earlier then? What's stopping you?

Oh you don't fancy your alarm going off at 5 a.m.? THAT'S WHAT DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME IS! You get up one hour earlier. That's literally what happens. You don't gain one hour, you don't lose one hour, you just do everything one hour earlier. But since you can't actually tell people that, instead you mess around with time. Way to go. 

Daylight saving time: still sucks in 2019. Rant over. 

DST has never stopped sucking.  It always sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

So today the damn clock Gods or Government or whoever is in charge of this sh#+ has decided to return my hour!

Okay first of all I never agreed to lose that hour, in my eyes it was stolen and I would like some damages or something. If they wanted to borrow some money wouldn't they need to pay interest? I want time interest on my hour, I want 2 hours back. Not only do I want my added hour I want damages because the hour was thieved without my consent. I do not think I should have to pay taxes this year or any other year that the Government or Clock Gods or who the Hades ever, keeps taking my $0Bt@hn  hour!!

BC has introduced legislation to set themselves permanently to DST. So hopefully the next jump forward will be the last for them. Unfortunately I don't currently live in BC, but it'll be nice when I hopefully return in two years.

ETA:

19 minutes ago, Lizard Queen said:

It's now dark before even 6 pm :P... /wah

Sunset was at 4:50 here.

yeah it sucks...now and forever...

got woke up this am by my cat who basically was saying, "i can't tell time bitch...my bowl is empty and the sun is coming up...on sat morning that was 7:45...today it was 6:45

major suckage

:smoking:

2 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

BC has introduced legislation to set themselves permanently to DST. So hopefully the next jump forward will be the last for them. Unfortunately I don't currently live in BC, but it'll be nice when I hopefully return in two years.

ETA:

Sunset was at 4:50 here.

Same (MN). Not sure when exactly it got dark, but it was obviously earlier lol.

Also, I was digging the late sunrises if only because it made sleeping in on the weekends nicer, haha.

• 4 months later...
On 10/13/2019 at 8:23 AM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

DST has never stopped sucking.  It always sucks.

We have some changes up here in Canada. British Columbia and the Yukon have both legislated an end to changing the clocks twice a year. Actually, in the Yukon, being north of the 60th parallel, is the land of the midnight sun in the summer.

If you want to give up lawyering, you could always become a lumberjack in the forests of British Columbia. /(cue the Lumberjack song)/

2 minutes ago, maarsen said:

We have some changes up here in Canada. British Columbia and the Yukon have both legislated an end to changing the clocks twice a year. Actually, in the Yukon, being north of the 60th parallel, is the land of the midnight sun in the summer.

If you want to give up lawyering, you could always become a lumberjack in the forests of British Columbia. /(cue the Lumberjack song)/

This year because my family and I are in different churches and we have a new dog with anxiety issues I get to sleep in a bit for DST.  It’s my turn to keep the dog.

Was waiting for this thread to come back. I usually don't mind the spring forward, it's the fall back that sucks (hate how dark it gets so early). But this time I was working most of yesterday, so losing an hour from my one-day weekend really sucks.

Fucking bullshit, I will never be happy over having a wknd shortened.

On a better note, be sure and take note of the lenten/worm/super moon's over the next few moonrise and sets. This will appear as the 2nd largest full moon of the calender, the largest having been the previous in February.

It should appear very striking.

Was never really bothered by this before.  Now I have a one year old and think it should die in a fire.  Really messes with a good schedule that we now have to readjust twice a year.

Archived