(Spoilers) Mr. Robot final season

Mark Antony

I never do this, but I think I might go on a re-watch binge before the final season... there are so many moving parts in this show I don;t want to be left not remembering who someone is, or trying to play catch-up.... not with this show....

Said it before... this is the best show on basic cable since Breaking Bad 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So we got the first episode of the new season this week...what did people think? Some good moments in there with the Freddy sub-plot, Elliot being lured into a honeypot and the creepy taxidermy lady at the end. The "Don't Worry Be Happy" scene was vintage Mr Robot. 

I'm not sure what they are going to do with Darlene and Tyrell this season. They both seem shattered by their respective traumas. And what's happened to Irving? 

15 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I'm really fucking pissed about Angela.

There is the usual speculation that she may not be gone (whenever did see that photo of the body, or maybe WhiteRose’s time machine could actually work?) 

Otherwise, yeah, that was a sad and abrupt ending for a character who has been so pivotal in this show.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:22 PM, Paxter said:

There is the usual speculation that she may not be gone (whenever did see that photo of the body, or maybe WhiteRose’s time machine could actually work?) 

Otherwise, yeah, that was a sad and abrupt ending for a character who has been so pivotal in this show.

im thinking she definitely comes back, probably via "time machine"

If there is a time machine then that would be a completely meaningless ending to the story.  The only answer to a oligarchical takeover of the world is time travel?  So we just get to live through the inevitable again and again, endlessly?  Gee, thanks.   No, I hope the show has a somewhat better answer than "there is no real hope, so enjoy this fantasy".

On 10/15/2019 at 12:55 AM, karaddin said:

These first two eps have been fantastic. Certainly not slacking off for the start of the final season.

Yeah I think there's a strong sense of "tying loose ends" from earlier seasons (e.g. Vera, Susan Jacobs) while still trying to do new and cool things with the final season (e.g. the insane ending to episode 2). 

One thing I am finding a little jarring though is the cast of characters this season. Obviously we have lost Angela, but there's also nothing from Irving (I assume he's completely dropped off the show) and nearly nothing from Wellick. It's basically just Elliot/Darlene/Price v WhiteRose as things stand. 

1 hour ago, Paxter said:

nearly nothing from Wellick

I guess it's plausible that with Price's plan to step down, WhiteRose will nominate Wellick to be the new CEO?  So, maybe we see him in the next episode?

5 hours ago, .H. said:

I guess it's plausible that with Price's plan to step down, WhiteRose will nominate Wellick to be the new CEO?  So, maybe we see him in the next episode?

That makes sense. Maybe it’s a new (and unlikely) fsociety of Elliot/Robot/Price/Darlene/Tyrell/Dom teaming up to defeat Deus in the end.

8 hours ago, Paxter said:

That makes sense. Maybe it’s a new (and unlikely) fsociety of Elliot/Robot/Price/Darlene/Tyrell/Dom teaming up to defeat Deus in the end.

Yeah, that would probably the next logical step.  I'm sure they'll throw some monkey wrench in there just to spice it up though.

Ep 3 was a little on the slow side, but worth it for the surprisingly tender WhiteRose backstory and a heart-warming (if flawed) beginning to a new love story for Elliot. We also got some Tyrell at the end of the ep! I am missing some of the supporting cast in this season. 

There was more "tying of loose ends" in this ep too with the comeback of Krista.

Archived