(Spoilers) Mr. Robot final season

Mark Antony

I'm an episode behind but enjoyed the first two episodes. the plot seems to be advancing nicely so far. Makes up for a lot of wheel-spinning the past seasons.

I for one hope Angela is dead, dead. I don't care to see any time travel crap. An abrupt ending for Angela, but she always has been an extremely tragic figure in the series. I also hope Price doesn't get any kind of easy redemption. I hope he suffers even if he may be helping Elliot now.

Wait, so there may be a third personality in Elliot's head? I really hope it's Leon and that was actually Elliot kicking ass in prison.

I like the revelation that Susan Jacobs was the point for the Cyprus National Bank. Well done, Darlene :) 

And Zhang's cracking at the end of episode 2 was nice.

4 hours ago, Astromech said:

I'm an episode behind but enjoyed the first two episodes. the plot seems to be advancing nicely so far. Makes up for a lot of wheel-spinning the past seasons.

I for one hope Angela is dead, dead. I don't care to see any time travel crap. An abrupt ending for Angela, but she always has been an extremely tragic figure in the series. I also hope Price doesn't get any kind of easy redemption. I hope he suffers even if he may be helping Elliot now.

Wait, so there may be a third personality in Elliot's head? I really hope it's Leon and that was actually Elliot kicking ass in prison.

I like the revelation that Susan Jacobs was the point for the Cyprus National Bank. Well done, Darlene :) 

And Zhang's cracking at the end of episode 2 was nice.

We’ve seen Leon on his own without Elliot though...

Remember the S2 post credits scene with Trenton and Mobley? 

6 hours ago, Nictarion said:

We’ve seen Leon on his own without Elliot though...

Remember the S2 post credits scene with Trenton and Mobley? 

Poe's Law rears its ugly head again. I should've added a smiley face. I'm actually a bit annoyed they might be going this route again. The series is already a bit too convoluted.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:00 AM, Paxter said:

Ep 3 was a little on the slow side, but worth it for the surprisingly tender WhiteRose backstory and a heart-warming (if flawed) beginning to a new love story for Elliot. We also got some Tyrell at the end of the ep! I am missing some of the supporting cast in this season. 

There was more "tying of loose ends" in this ep too with the comeback of Krista.

Yeah the slow down really worked for me, and I appreciated WR getting that level of depth. She still winds up a horrible person killing a lot of people, but the combination of a sufficiently strong emotional motivation with the capacity for deluding herself that it will all be OK after she wins can leave you understanding how she got there. It also adds some extra bite to the times she acts out of malice towards Price etc. She's chosen to play their game and win, but she ultimately hates the people that make the world that way.

I'm definitely expecting more from the 3rd personality and I'm trusting that it will make sense after we see it. I don't think any of the major/minor characters I've seen speculated make sense though, most of them have scenes that just don't make sense if they were Elliot as well. Leon is one I've seen people suggest seriously elsewhere, and its not just the interaction with Trenton and Mobley that make it not work - its that Trenton says she's configured the email to autosend to "someone she trusts" after Leon has taken them prisoner. Why on earth would she still be viewing Elliot as someone she trusts if he was the one holding her prisoner?

Angela there are a whole bunch of things that don't work, ditto with Tyrell. Darlene makes no sense if Elliot is the host, and even if Darlene were the real person I think there are as many issues as with Angela and Tyrell.

Another slower episode...we are definitely in characterisation mode at the moment, with Elliot and Darlene getting further development via interactions with Wellick and a drunk Santa, respectively.

There were some good moments in that ep (I enjoyed the Dom interludes and the scene with the crazy store owner), but I did at times feel as if I was watching Fargo rather than Mr Robot. And our cast of characters has narrowed even further! I'm not really sure what to make of

Spoiler

Wellick's ending.

As a huge fan of this show, this episode didn;t really do it for me... it seemed like they didn;t have quite enough pages to finish the season, so they wrote this in to keep the number round... that said, a sub-par episode of Mr. Robot is still a shit ton better then almost everything on TV...

Did I miss some thing, or...

Spoiler

is there another person inside elliott besides himself and mr robot? 

2 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

As a huge fan of this show, this episode didn;t really do it for me... it seemed like they didn;t have quite enough pages to finish the season, so they wrote this in to keep the number round... that said, a sub-par episode of Mr. Robot is still a shit ton better then almost everything on TV...

Did I miss some thing, or...

Reveal hidden contents

is there another person inside elliott besides himself and mr robot? 

I'm with you on episode 4 - there has been a noticeable dip since the early eps this season. I wonder if they really needed to make it 13 episodes?

And yes to your question! Strongly hinted at at any rate.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:35 AM, Nictarion said:

That episode was crazy tense. I love the way this show is shot. Easily one of the best looking things on tv. 

I feel so bad for Dom. 

That last line was so great, "It's about time we talked."

But I feel slightly bad for Dom, but not too much.  I guess I never really liked her.

In any case, being episode 6, this is "error 406," and so titled "Not Acceptable."  I'm thinking this means a few "themes" possibly: the Deus Group doesn't accept Price's resignation, White Rose doesn't accept Wellick's absence, Dom doesn't accept ratting out Darlene, and/or Vera won't accept Krista's story or insistence of what she doesn't know/can't help him.  There is probably more to each.

A 407 error is "Proxy Authentication Required" which could mean anything from the attempted hack on Cyprus bank, to the idea of Wellick being a "triple agent" a sort of "proxy" for three parties.  We'll have to just wait and see on that, since I kind of think Wellick is actually gone.

It's pretty amazing that we get a 'we don't have to talk, it's fine' as the first line and then the next and last line is that one. Some of it was a bit overwrought as a gimmick - Darlene and Eliot not talking at certain points was odd. But mostly it was great. 

On 11/6/2019 at 3:02 PM, Martini Sigil said:

That chase scene was exhausting....lol

No nerd of Elliot's calibre and dedicate does enough cardio for that much running lol. That moment at the end holding hands with Darlene was worth it though

20 hours ago, karaddin said:

No nerd of Elliot's calibre and dedicate does enough cardio for that much running lol. That moment at the end holding hands with Darlene was worth it though

Not true... I once hit a triple, and I was told it was the most exciting three minutes in sports my friends had ever seen....  #BurstOfSlow

On 11/6/2019 at 5:02 AM, Martini Sigil said:

That chase scene was exhausting....lol

It was just... Bad. The outcome was never really in question, from my point of view, and everything about the break in and escape felt totally unrealistic. Especially the running. No way NYPD cops are gonna chase someone from 53rd and Madison to central Park on foot. Also, and I hate hate hate when shows and movies do this... Elliot jumps on the bus in midtown, and jumps off in Harlem. It takes a bus about 20 minutes to make that trip in average traffic. Anyway, this season sucks. 

This one was weirdly brutal and occasionally dull, and I'm not sure how I liked it. I don't like seeing Elliot be so incredibly harsh. It feels weird like it's spinning wheels with a lot of crises that end up getting resolved too quickly.

The Vera scenes were really the only decent ones in the ep and even they were a little samey. I think they definitely made too many episodes for this season, particularly with the cast of characters narrowing significantly.

On Elliot, I think he has always been pretty harsh, it’s just that previously we thought Robot was the bad guy in there. It’s really been Elliot all along.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we might get an answer on the possible "third persona" within Elliott, but instead we got a heart-wrenching truth on his second entity. Masterful episode. 

And go Krysta!

ETA: My previous post about Mr Robot seems a little silly now...

Archived