Endgame roles for all major characters (TV only)

Lucius Lovejoy

First time starting a new topic, sorry if I'm breaching any established protocol.  As far as I can tell we haven't played this game or had a related thread since at least the beginning of season 6, so knowing what we know now what do you expect will be the final positions of all major characters at the end of the TV series?  This should be based on the TV show only and not the books (given that there will not be any more books, it's not worth speculating there).  I'm ignoring the awayforthelads spoilers since I don't trust them, but if you want to use them for reference please mention it.  I'll go first.

1. Jon Snow = out somewhere hanging out with the free folk being very emo and sad, avoids politics of Westeros completely after war ends
  2. Daenerys = Dies in Jon's arms after defeating the WW, probably mumbling something about her red door
  3. Tyrion = Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West
  4. Sansa = Lady of the Vale, Wardeness of the East (sort of a Queen Elizabeth virgin queen ruler - no heir, but with the wheel broken the Vale and other places would be able to elect their leaders)
  5. Arya & Gendry = Queen & King of Westeros, establishing a very different social and political order out of the ruins of Kings Landing
  6. Bran & Meera = Lord & Lady of Winterfell, Warden of the North
  7. Jaime = Makes the ultimate suicidal sacrifice to win the war against the WW (the things he does for love...)
  8. Cersei = Killed by Jaime to stop her from burning all of King's Landing after Dany wreaks havoc on the Red Keep
  9. Davos = The Hand of the King
  10. Littlefinger = Thinks he is marrying Sansa and entering the wedding ceremony and gets brutally murdered instead by Sansa or Arya
  11. Varys = Back in Essos assisting with the rule in Meereen
  12. Theon = Killed doing something heroic to save Bran's life
  13. Yara = Killed in battle against Euron
  14. Brienne = Dies fighting the WW but not before she and Jaime get a little hubba-hubba time in
  15. Podrick = Knighted, serves Tyrion
  16. Bronn = Master of Ships in re-organized small council at KL
  17. Sam Tarly & Gilly = Lord and Lady of Horn Hill which is now the high seat in the Reach, Sam learns some stuff that helps defeat the WW
  18. The Hound & Beric = Die heroically fighting WW, The Hound saving either Sansa or Arya
  19. Melisandre = Dies decidedly unheroically while trying to escape the fight against the WW
  20. Jorah Mormont = Re-establishes the Night's Watch as it's new Lord Commander
  21. Ellaria & Sand Snakes = Killed in battle against Euron
  22. Euron Greyjoy = Killed in battle against Daenerys during invasion (really he was killed by the writers of the series back in the beginning of season 6)

Interesting. I like your predictions in general although I think they are way too positive. I like your predictions for Bran and Arya because they are my favourites and I'd love them to end up this way but I think it would be too lucky to have root for them and that both end happily.....but it could be!

I find difficulties seeing both Brienne and Jaime dying, but it's posible.

I agree that Littlefinger will die (I think the chances are so high, but even if I despise him, I'd prefer a more original death for him)

I am not so sure what is the future for Yara, and if Theon and her die then the Ironborns would disappear or be ruled by a random man. I think one of them will survive.

I definitely think that Ellaria and the SandSankes will die in the show, but not so sure in the books, Ellaria might survive there because she is not as important and has a different role to play.

Davos as Hand of a King or a Warden is a good guess.

As for the books/show ending, the show will tell the ending first of course, but it will be the same tan in the books because that is what the showrunners have said multiple times (the journey will be different but the ending the same) so I'd say that Dany's red door mystery will be unsolved unless we see this in the next seasons, for instance.

I seem to recall reading that GRRM told D&D that he cannot tell them exactly what he has planned for the books, but that five people need to survive to the final Boss Battle: Jon, Dany, Tirion, Arya and Bran. Their roles in Season 8 as I see them:

Dany will send her dragons against the Wights -- airborne flame-throwers are a near-perfect weapon against them.

Jon will take overall command of the fight against the WW threat -- and as a Targaryen may also become a dragonrider.

Bran will provide vital information about how to defeat the enemy.

Tirion might organize the strategic fight -- marshaling resources, arranging alliances, etc. -- as well as possibly becoming a dragonrider at need.

Arya is more difficult. I think that she might end up using her abilities as a Faceless Assassin to get close to the Night King and killing him with an obsidian or Valyrian steel dagger, at the cost of her own life.

There will be a regime that leads humanity at the end of this.  I think one can see how Jon, Dany and the Stark kids have all been on "learning" arcs that indicate their role in said regime for the end game.  

Jon and Dany have been on learning to lead arcs.  Bran is learning to be a spy master basically, he has literal little birds.  Arya is learning to be an assassin, that skill set provides value for any regime.  Always people that need killing.  Diplomat/schemer is a good description for Sansa's skill set I think.

Put it this way:  Sansa is the carrot, Arya is the stick.  They, along with Bran, can both serve as useful pillars for any regime to stand on.  I do not see Queenship in either of their futures.  I do not think that is what their arcs have been preparing them for.

Jon and Dany have had some overlap in their learning arcs...strictly speaking, the regime doesn't need 2 leaders.  So 1 of them is killable for the feels.  The other one needs to be kept alive to lead humanity, so at least one of them is safe imo.   

I'm more on the fence about the potential end game roles for the adults, like Tyrion, Davos, Jaime, etc.  The regime doesn't need 2 Hands, so I could see either Davos or Tyrion dying, but not both.  

I suspect by the end of season 7 a few fans will have correctly guessed the ending, for now I would go with the following by character I'll put percentages of survival at the end:

1. Jon Snow = I'd lean towards he will be the one who ultimately defeats the white walkers and ends up ruling, albeit reluctantly.  The lads spoilers suggest we will gain confirmation about his rights to the throne if so, this is leading up to something bigger for sure. (96%)
  2. Daenerys = I think she is probably going to die, either a sacrifice (Nissa Nissa) or she conflicts with Jon, either way I can't see both surviving and she is the more obvious death. (30%)
  3. Tyrion = He will survive, I just don't see him dying.  I suspect he ends up hand of the king. (99%)
  4. Sansa = A probably death but I genuinely don't see what part she has to play from here on in other than trying to undermine Jon which surely won't last. (20%)
  5. Arya & Gendry = I don't see these two ending together, Arya is probably going to die and take out someone important.
  6. Bran & Meera = Bran is crucial against the white walkers, I don't expect him to earn lands or titles but more likely disappear into exile.
  7. Jaime = chances of survival slim I would suggest.
  8. Cersei = No chance she survives the series but likely dies in the final episode.
  9. Davos = Potential to die or make it, unclear.
  10. Littlefinger = He's not end game material, and certain to go this season.
  11. Varys = Not end game either, I expect him to die.
  12. Theon = Agree he will die, but some sort of redemption first.
  13. Yara = Killed in battle against Euron (agree with OP)
  14. Brienne = She will fight the white walkers but beyond that not promising...
  15. Podrick = Seems an obvious season 7 death to me.
  16. Bronn = Another that could die this season, not an end game player.
  17. Sam Tarly & Gilly = These two with Tyrion have the best odds of surviving the series.
  18. The Hound & Beric = Die heroically fighting WW, The hound I think makes it to the war of the dawn.
  19. Melisandre = Dies decidedly unheroically while trying to escape the fight against the WW
  20. Jorah Mormont = Re-establishes the Night's Watch as it's new Lord Commander
  22. Euron Greyjoy = Killed in battle against Daenerys during invasion (really he was killed by the writers of the series back in the beginning of season 6) There are spoilers on his fate...

If I had to predict we will see a big battle in the north, the humans will take heavy casualties and potentially some sort of truce will be brokered, maybe after a sacrifice? The final episode will be about restoring order and most likely Jon taking leadership for Westeros, that probably means dealing with Cersei in some way and potentially Dany too.

On 3/10/2017 at 4:17 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

First time starting a new topic, sorry if I'm breaching any established protocol.  As far as I can tell we haven't played this game or had a related thread since at least the beginning of season 6, so knowing what we know now what do you expect will be the final positions of all major characters at the end of the TV series?  This should be based on the TV show only and not the books (given that there will not be any more books, it's not worth speculating there).  I'm ignoring the awayforthelads spoilers since I don't trust them, but if you want to use them for reference please mention it.  I'll go first.

1. DEADJon Snow = out somewhere hanging out with the free folk being very emo and sad, avoids politics of Westeros completely after war ends
  2. RUNNING WESTEROS W/TYRIONDaenerys = Dies in Jon's arms after defeating the WW, probably mumbling something about her red door
  3. RUNNING WESTEROSTyrion = Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West
  4. SINGLE MUM LADY OF WINTERFELL RAISING SOMEBODY'S CHILD AS NEW STARK HEIRSansa = Lady of the Vale, Wardeness of the East (sort of a Queen Elizabeth virgin queen ruler - no heir, but with the wheel broken the Vale and other places would be able to elect their leaders)
  5. DEAD, Arya & Gendry MIGHT LIVE = Queen & King of Westeros, establishing a very different social and political order out of the ruins of Kings Landing
  6. Bran MIGHT LIVE & MeeraDEAD = Lord & Lady of Winterfell, Warden of the North
  7. DEADJaime = Makes the ultimate suicidal sacrifice to win the war against the WW (the things he does for love...)
  8. PROBABLY DEAD, MIGHT LIVECersei = Killed by Jaime to stop her from burning all of King's Landing after Dany wreaks havoc on the Red Keep
  9. DEADDavos = The Hand of the King
  10. DEADLittlefinger = Thinks he is marrying Sansa and entering the wedding ceremony and gets brutally murdered instead by Sansa or Arya
  11. DEADVarys = Back in Essos assisting with the rule in Meereen
  12. MIGHT LIVETheon = Killed doing something heroic to save Bran's life
  13. MIGHT LIVE, Yara = Killed in battle against Euron
  14. ALIVEBrienne = Dies fighting the WW but not before she and Jaime get a little hubba-hubba time in
  15. DEADPodrick = Knighted, serves Tyrion
  16. DEADBronn = Master of Ships in re-organized small council at KL
  17. ALIVESam Tarly & Gilly = Lord and Lady of Horn Hill which is now the high seat in the Reach, Sam learns some stuff that helps defeat the WW
  18. DEADThe Hound & Beric = Die heroically fighting WW, The Hound saving either Sansa or Arya
  19. DEADMelisandre = Dies decidedly unheroically while trying to escape the fight against the WW
  20. DEADJorah Mormont = Re-establishes the Night's Watch as it's new Lord Commander
  21. DEADEllaria & Sand Snakes = Killed in battle against Euron
  22. DEADEuron Greyjoy = Killed in battle against Daenerys during invasion (really he was killed by the writers of the series back in the beginning of season 6)

17 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

snip

Wouldn't be another death of Jon Snow a bit pointless? He already died(but I do have this impression that somethig is fishy here)  and they I do understand the possibility given what Mel said, and both of them Jon and Dany do have this messiah arcs or leading people.

Cersei is as good as dead. Eventually someone or she will commit wildfire suicide as Aerys II wanted "burn them all."

If George kills Arya (while i can see that) not sure what his wife told him.  I could see her travelling far West and exploring unknown lands or embracing her Stark identity, helping with rebuilding.

On 10. 3. 2017 at 10:17 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

It seems spoiler at least the originals are correct. Rest of the supposed leakers, not sure.

1. DON'T KNOW, EITHER DEATH OR THE IRON THRONE Jon Snow = out somewhere hanging out with the free folk being very emo and sad, avoids politics of Westeros completely after war ends
  2. NOT SURE, LITERALLY 50/50 BUT I'D SAY SHE LIVES WITH HER NEW BABY Daenerys = Dies in Jon's arms after defeating the WW, probably mumbling something about her red door
  3. AGREED Tyrion = Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West
  4. PARTIALLY AGREED/VALE OR NORTH Sansa = Lady of the Vale, Wardeness of the East (sort of a Queen Elizabeth virgin queen ruler - no heir, but with the wheel broken the Vale and other places would be able to elect their leaders)
  5. DON'T THINK ARYA IS SET UP AS FAR AS THE SHOW GOES FOR THIS? GENDRY LORD OF THE STORMLANDS Arya & Gendry = Queen & King of Westeros, establishing a very different social and political order out of the ruins of Kings Landing
  6. WARDEN OF THE NORTH/RETURNS HOME TO GREYWATER WATCH AFTER THE WAR Bran & Meera = Lord & Lady of Winterfell, Warden of the North
  7. DEAD Jaime = Makes the ultimate suicidal sacrifice to win the war against the WW (the things he does for love...)
  8. DEAD Cersei = Killed by Jaime to stop her from burning all of King's Landing after Dany wreaks havoc on the Red Keep
  9. PROBABLY DEATH BUT I'D LIKE TO SEE HIM LIVE AND BEING A SMUGGLER Davos = The Hand of the King
  10. DEAD Littlefinger = Thinks he is marrying Sansa and entering the wedding ceremony and gets brutally murdered instead by Sansa or Arya
  11. PROBABLY DIES Varys = Back in Essos assisting with the rule in Meereen
  12. LORD OF THE IRON ISLANDS Theon = Killed doing something heroic to save Bran's life
  13. DEAD Yara = Killed in battle against Euron
  14. I THINK SHE'LL LIVE Brienne = Dies fighting the WW but not before she and Jaime get a little hubba-hubba time in
  15. AGREED Podrick = Knighted, serves Tyrion
  16. HE'LL HAVE CASTLE?, LADY AND KIDS Bronn = Master of Ships in re-organized small council at KL
  17. MAESTER FOR NEW KING/QUEEN OR THIS Sam Tarly & Gilly = Lord and Lady of Horn Hill which is now the high seat in the Reach, Sam learns some stuff that helps defeat the WW
  18. LIVES AND DIES The Hound & Beric = Die heroically fighting WW, The Hound saving either Sansa or Arya
  19. DIES FOR JON OR TO HELP WITH WHITE WALKERS Melisandre = Dies decidedly unheroically while trying to escape the fight against the WW
  20. EITHER DIES PROTECTING DANY OR RETURNS TO THE NORTH BEAR ISLAND Jorah Mormont = Re-establishes the Night's Watch as it's new Lord Commander
  21. DEAD Ellaria & Sand Snakes = Killed in battle against Euron
  22. DEAD Euron Greyjoy = Killed in battle against Daenerys during invasion (really he was killed by the writers of the series back in the beginning of season 6)

10 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Wouldn't be another death of Jon Snow a bit pointless? He already died(but I do have this impression that somethig is fishy here)  and they I do understand the possibility given what Mel said, and both of them Jon and Dany do have this messiah arcs or leading people.

Cersei is as good as dead. Eventually someone or she will commit wildfire suicide as Aerys II wanted "burn them all."

If George kills Arya (while i can see that) not sure what his wife told him.  I could see her travelling far West and exploring unknown lands or embracing her Stark identity, helping with rebuilding.

He's already undead, is he really going to go on to live some kind of 'normal' life as a zombie? Seems more likely that if one of the big 3 is going to sacrifice themselves, it will be Jon.  

I've thought she was as good as dead also, but the show making her such a central part of this coming season, according to the leaks, opens the door to her beating the prophecy and living to the end.  

George will kill Arya because that's how he rolls.  

Seems like the consensus is that a lot more people are going to die than I am predicting.  Perhaps that's true.  I read somewhere, maybe a SSM, that

Spoiler

GRRM is claiming that he's told us winter is coming for like 20 years now, and it's going to be a big deal resulting in death and destruction all around, claiming the lives of a lot of main characters.

I struggle with seeing the show kill off so many characters since so many of the choices D&D have made were to make the books more like what we'd expect from regular TV, and in regular TV most heroes survive.  Truth be told though, I would have absolutely no problem if the shows and books end with something like "Winter came, the Others/White Walkers killed everyone, the end."  Davos, Jaime, Podrick, Bronn, Meera, and to a far lesser extent Jon and Sansa are the only characters I find likable on the show, and Jaime is a kinglsaying, sister-boning, child-defenestering, one-handed smartass, so my bar for likability is rather low.

My guesses

1. Jon Snow, Wins the final battle against the WW.  Turns down the crown, naming Gendry instead, last act in the series (and the end scene) is him, burying the body of Sansa in the crypt at Winterfell, looking on the tomb of his mother, throwing away his sword.
  2. Dany, dies in the final battle with the WW
  3. Sansa, marries and is poisoned by Littlefinger, he blames her death on Dany to break up the Dany/Jon alliance
  4. Littlefinger, marries then poisons Sansa, blames the crime on Dany, sits the Iron Throne briefly only to be killed by the Night's King
  5. Cersei, marries and then is killed by Euron (before she can kill him).
  6. Euron, Marries, then murders Cersei, kills Jaime when he tries to avenge Cersei's death, is then killed by Bronn
  7. Gendry, Ascends the Throne after Jon refuses it.
  8. Davos, Becomes Hand of the King to Gendry
  9. The Hound and the Brotherhood without banners, die fighting the WW
  10. Varys, kills Melisandre "for the good of the realm".  Winds up on Gendry's small council.
  11. Arya, becomes the first ever woman on the Kingsguard at King's Landing.
  12. Bronn, survives, becomes a member of Gendry's Kingsuard.
  13. Jorah Mormont dies trying to save Dany in the final battle.
  14. Tyrion, ends his days as a Maester at the Citadel, writing a history of these events.
  15. Sam and Gilly get married and live out their days as the last survivors of their generation of Tarlys.  Sam will search for Jon for the rest of his days, Jon having vanished after burying Sansa.  He'll find Jon dead, having died as a hermit.
  16. Bran will be the 3 eyed Raven and will watch over Westeros, alone from behind the scenes
  17. Brienne, will be poisoned by LF when he kills Sansa, not like LF to leave that formidable an enemy alive.
  18. Ghost, will end his days with Jon, living in a hut in a forest in the North
  19. Theon and Yara will be killed by Euron, most likely Theon will die trying to rescue or defend Yara.
  20. The Queen of Thorns, killed by the Lannisters but not before she tells Cersei that she Is the one who poisoned Joffrey.
  21. The Sandsnakes and Ellaria, killed by Euron but not before they try to seduce him and he goes all Ramsey on them.
  22. Greyworm, killed fighting the last battle beside Dany.
  23. Missendei, survives, buries what is left of Dany.

On 2017. 03. 10. at 10:17 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

SHOW: 

1. Jon Snow = out somewhere hanging out with the free folk being very emo and sad, avoids politics of Westeros completely after war ends KING JON STARGARYEN ON THE IRON THRONE
  2. Daenerys = Dies in Jon's arms after defeating the WW, probably mumbling something about her red door QUEEN DANY ON THE IRON THRONE
  3. Tyrion = Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West AND HAND OF THE KING AND QUEEN
  4. Sansa = Lady of the Vale, Wardeness of the East AND THE NORTH AND LADY OF WINTERFELL BECAUSE #GIRLPOWERBITCHES 
  5. Arya KNIGHT AND HEAD OF FIGHTING ACADEMY FOR YOUNG NOBLEWOMEN BECAUSE #GIRLPOWERBITCHES& Gendry DEAD= Queen & King of Westeros, establishing a very different social and political order out of the ruins of Kings Landing
  6. Bran BECOMES A TREE OR DIES & Meera WHO'S THAT (AKA DEAD) = Lord & Lady of Winterfell, Warden of the North
  7. Jaime = SER JAIME THE HONORABLE WHO COMPLETS HIS REDEMPTION ARC BY SAVING THE WORLD AND MARRIES BRIENNE AND SHAGS HER - AFTER MARRIAGE  -BECAUSE HE IS HONORABLE, REMEMBER?! Makes the ultimate suicidal sacrifice to win the war against the WW (the things he does for love...)
  8. Cersei = Killed by Jaime to stop her from burning all of King's Landing after Dany wreaks havoc on the Red Keep CHECK.
  9.  Davos = DEAD The Hand of the King
  10. Littlefinger = Thinks he is marrying Sansa and entering the wedding ceremony and gets brutally murdered instead by Sansa or Arya OR JON - CHECK. 
  11. Varys = Back in Essos assisting with the rule in Meereen - WHERE'STHAT - SPY MASTER OF KING JON AND QUEEN DANY 
  12. Theon = Killed doing something heroic to save Bran's life BECAUSE THAT MAKES SENSE CREATIVELY 
  14. Brienne = HEAD TEACHER IN ARYA'S SCHOOL OF FIGHTING FOR YOUNG GIRLS BECAUSE #GIRLPOWERBITCHES  Dies fighting the WW but not before she and Jaime get a little hubba-hubba time in
  15. Podrick = DEAD  Knighted, serves Tyrion AND REMEMBERED IN ALL THE DICK JOKES FOR HIS MAGIC COCK
  16. Bronn = DEAD Master of Ships in re-organized small council at KL
  17. Sam Tarly & Gilly = Lord and Lady of Horn Hill which is now the high seat in the Reach, Sam learns some stuff that helps defeat the WW - CHECK
  18. The Hound & Beric = Die heroically fighting WW, The Hound saving either Sansa or Arya -CHECK 
  19. Melisandre = Dies decidedly unheroically while trying to escape the fight against the WW OR NEVER SHOWS UP AGAIN 
  20. Jorah Mormont = DEAD Re-establishes the Night's Watch as it's new Lord Commander
  21. Ellaria & Sand Snakes = DEAD Killed in battle against Euron IN WAYS THAT DONT MATTER WE JUST NEED TO RAISE THE CORPSECOUNT TO BE ABLE TO SAY THAT WINTER HAS COMETH AND IS HORRIBLE  
  22. Euron Greyjoy  WHOS THAT? OH THE GUY WHO WAS ON SCREEN FOR 5 MINUTES TO KILL THAT OTHER NAMELESS GUY AND MOCK THEON! - DEAD - IN WHATEVER WAY THAT CREATIVELY MAKES SENSE = Killed in battle against Daenerys during invasion (really he was killed by the writers of the series back in the beginning of season 6)

GREYWORM  - DEAD

MISSANDEI  - ALSO DEAD - IN GREY WORMS ARMS 

UNGREGOR - DEAD AGAIN

LADY OLENNA - SO DEAD

DOLOROUS EDD - DEAD

REMEMBER THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CORPSECOUNT? 

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Jon and Dany on the iron hrone? You're a really brave person, let me tell you that. Around here this thought process is almost sacrilegious.

Unless of course one of them heroically sacrifices oneself for the other in the name of true love. But I see Queen Khaleesi and King Jon. But hey I will be most happy if I'm mistaken. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Unless of course one of them heroically sacrifices oneself for the other in the name of true love. But I see Queen Khaleesi and King Jon. But hey I will be most happy if I'm mistaken. 

This is one of the possibilties that one of them has chance to end the war and dying while doing that. In the original outline George envisioned them to live on along with other members of the big five ... but this is D&D show, not George's. I know a lot of people don't think it will end this way and I personally still don't know. I am always on the fence with them. Will they die, live or dissapear? Leaving this mess might be the best thing for them but George loves to make our beloved characters miserable.

1. Jon Snow = Based on season 7 rumours I just can't see Jon being content in a position of ruling. He'll die again in the ultimate sacrifice. 
  2. Daenerys = will become queen but will handpick her wardens and will be hands off.
  3. Tyrion = Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West
  4. Sansa = will die but on her own terms and having finally cut the strings of her puppeteers. Will order the death of LF which won't go without repercussion given his position and influence over Robin.
  5. Arya & Gendry = Lady of winterfell and Warden of the storm lands.
  6. Bran & Meera = will take his position beyond the wall and Meera won't be seen again once she leaves winterfell.
  7. Jaime = Makes the ultimate suicidal sacrifice to win the war against the WW (the things he does for love...)
  8. Cersei = Killed by Jaime to stop her from burning all of King's Landing after Dany wreaks havoc on the Red Keep
  9. Davos = Master of Ships in Danys council
  10. Littlefinger = death at the hands of Sansa but will be avenged by Robin (might actually get an arrow on target).
  11. Varys = will look after mereen. Done on councils.
  12. Theon = Warden of the iron islands.
  14. Brienne = queensguard
  15. Podrick = Knighted, serves Tyrion
  16. Bronn = dead
  17. Sam Tarly & Gilly = Lord and Lady of Horn Hill which is now the high seat in the Reach, Sam learns some stuff that helps defeat the WW
  18. The Hound & Beric = will both die
  19. Melisandre = will find some sort of redemption. 
  20. Jorah Mormont = Re-establishes the Night's Watch as it's new Lord Commander. Will know it's right to leave Dany and fulfill his father's wish.
  22. Euron Greyjoy = Killed in battle against Daenerys during invasion (really he was killed by the writers of the series back in the beginning of season 6)

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

This is one of the possibilties that one of them has chance to end the war and dying while doing that. In the original outline George envisioned them to live on along with other members of the big five ... but this is D&D show, not George's. I know a lot of people don't think it will end this way and I personally still don't know. I am always on the fence with them. Will they die, live or dissapear? Leaving this mess might be the best thing for them but George loves to make our beloved characters miserable.

I don't care whose outline it is, it's a ridiculously and creepily cheesy fanservice and will always be a worst case scenario as far as I'm concerned. Killing both of them will make people pissed, I don't see anybody having the balls to do that, and frankly it's a waste of rainforest to kill the two main characters after 5000+ pages of (...) plot. Killing one of them sounds like the best deal they can get but since Daenerys is the more likely candidate for that, what to do with Jon? He doesn't have it in him to be a good king, not at the moment (in either books or show), and King Jon Stargaryen again is a disgusting cheeseball to serve Jon fans. Jon taking the black and roaming in the wilderness...? Downer. So much ado and rainforest for nothing. Lord Jon of Winterfell? So what was all the R+L=J shit for...? Republic of Westeros, Seven Republics and President Jon? Ewww, please, I would sooner believe an army of tooth fairies coming to save Westeros. I really don't know what solution would work for the show or the books at this point. For the show, most likely nothing. For the books, it doesn't matter, they won't be finished anyway so the problem doesn't actually exist. 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I don't care whose outline it is, it's a ridiculously and creepily cheesy fanservice and will always be a worst case scenario as far as I'm concerned. Killing both of them will make people pissed, I don't see anybody having the balls to do that, and frankly it's a waste of rainforest to kill the two main characters after 5000+ pages of (...) plot. Killing one of them sounds like the best deal they can get but since Daenerys is the more likely candidate for that, what to do with Jon? He doesn't have it in him to be a good king, not at the moment (in either books or show), and King Jon Stargaryen again is a disgusting cheeseball to serve Jon fans. Jon taking the black and roaming in the wilderness...? Downer. So much ado and rainforest for nothing. Lord Jon of Winterfell? So what was all the R+L=J shit for...? Republic of Westeros, Seven Republics and President Jon? Ewww, please, I would sooner believe an army of tooth fairies coming to save Westeros. I really don't know what solution would work for the show or the books at this point. For the show, most likely nothing. For the books, it doesn't matter, they won't be finished anyway so the problem doesn't actually exist. 

It's outline for certain someone who is author of this baby but it sounds pretty bad. Likely for us, he has departed from of these points by now.

Like George or D&D care that much about who is pissed or not. People were pissed after Ned's death, Red Wedding and will continue to be. This is GoT/ASoIaF. If it makes sense, George is capable of doing anything he wants but far poignant would be letting them live throught this mess, being even more miserable. D&D they like to do things for shocking value.

For those fans who understand Jon - we know the Iron Throne is not a good thing and he wouldn't view this way either. There is this presuamption that whoever wins the game, is getting cookie or cake at the end. Whoever is up there (if there is any throne at all) is gonna be miserable getting together devasted lands after the war. I mean George himself stated that LOTR and that ending is something he aspire to do with ASoIaF, so that would mean many character live but suffer as the result of things they went through. some of them might never be the same. I can see that with Arya, Bran, Jon, Dany and others.

R+L=J was always for his personal struggle first and foremost, after all these books are about people in the midst of war, politiics, schemes and how it impact them, learning from it and go on. At least the main characters, some other died. Prophecy (he plays a par), personal struggle and maybe if these leaks are true might even for the iron throne but it ain't a victory. So jon on the iron throne is not really a cheesy fanservice but rather tough and unpleasant responsibility.

8 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

They have said it many times, the ending will be the same, they stayed with George a few days and he told so, IIRC.

And those big five might not necessarily be alive in the ending,  but they will all play an important role.

8 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

They have said it many times, the ending will be the same, they stayed with George a few days and he told so, IIRC.

And those big five might not necessarily be alive in the ending,  but they will all play an important role.

They said ending will be in the spirit of ASoIaF and close to it. Basically they know things in broad strokes but George wil lsave few things for books and secondary characters are already diverging. Their endings might be totally different. He told them about Shireen and Hodor but context might be entirely different. Jon's resurrection again will be different with the sheer fact that Ghost is involved in the books.

9 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

They said ending will be in the spirit of ASoIaF and close to it. Basically they know things in broad strokes but George wil lsave few things for books and secondary characters are already diverging. Their endings might be totally different. He told them about Shireen and Hodor but context might be entirely different. Jon's resurrection again will be different with the sheer fact that Ghost is involved in the books.

But there will be virtually no "secondary" characters in the endings. Those who survive s8 will be key players also in the books.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/It-Official-Game-Thrones-Spoil-Ending-George-R-R-Martin-Books-70847.html

Luckily, we’ve been talking about this with George [R.R. Martin] for a long time... and we know where things are heading. So, we’ll eventually meet up at pretty much the same place where George is going. There might be a few deviations along the route, but we’re heading towards the same destination.

The deviations are those that you mention, like Hodor's...but the ending, s8's last episodes are the same- More than just spirit.

Archived