TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

10 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Why do girls always get Kit Harington? As if  he was the ultimate Greek god

well i was just thinking he was the local favourite...but hey how about this one

11 hours ago, First of My Name said:

It's like vegetables, the way I see it. Can't say you don't like it until you've tasted it :P 

That second picture is just oddly hilarious to me, I don't know why.

Nobody likes their job all the time, I think. I'm hoping for the other considerations.

it is the look on his face...in fact the look on both faces just makes me laugh

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Are you trying to seduce Helena? :huh:

:leer: 

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Ewww. Sweat infused food isn't something I have ever craved. 

Wrong plumbing

I'd imagine there'd be other fluids involved though, given the subject matter.

;) 

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

it is the look on his face...in fact the look on both faces just makes me laugh

Yes. It also looks like the cat is the one arousing him :P 

15 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

We saw a hop hop this morning. It was really cute and kinda daring for a hop hop, ran alongside the horses for a while and wasn't scared at all. 

What a brave little hopper!

58 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

After years of shit summers the Dutch weather has decided to finally acknowledge global warming -_-

You ought to hope not too much. Your low lying country is no match for the might of the ocean...

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You ought to hope not too much. Your low lying country is no match for the might of the ocean...

I don't think London is very far above sea level either :P.

There was a great rift in the universe on Saturday. A TTTNEer from way back passed away in the evening, Lord O' Bones.

Many of you, I think, never had a chance to interact with him. I've only been on the Board for five years, and he popped in to say hi only a couple of times in my long ago early days on TTTNE. Two years ago he became very, very sick with liver disease and almost died. He moved back home from California to Kentucky, and when we had that long stretch of Board issues and switched over to the new platform, he lost his ability to sign in as Lord O' Bones. It aggravated the hell out of not just LoB but a whole lot of people, that someone who had been around since the original board days couldn't be given access to his account. He had to open a new account under the name of Bonesy.

He had been a sailor in the US Navy for a couple of stints, eventually working for a technology firm in Silicon Valley when he left the navy. Sadly, his liver ailment came back and he died of complications after the relapse.

John was an incredibly funny guy, wry and witty and ranty and unafraid to be a dick or to call you a dick if necessary. He was loved and admired by hundreds, if not thousands. Half the women had a crazy Board crush for the guy, because he genuinely liked women. He knew how to talk to women, how to flirt, how to tease, how to be sensitive, while at the same time be a jock with the guys. In the old days there were infamous calls on skype that a select group took part in, the closest many folk got to him because he never went to cons. The California crowd were lucky to meet him.

I encouraged rocksniffer to become friends with LoB when he first joined the Board, and it gladdens my heart that they did. He's been a key contact with the family and I know this has been rough on him. :(

You will often see old timers make references to towels. Towel comments relate to this hilarious thread of his, describing being burgled and running off after the thief wearing only a towel. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/37891-ever-had-somebody-burglarize-your-home-while-you-were-taking-a-crap/

Anyway....since many of you never traverse the long way to Gen Chat, I thought it would be suitable to have a tribute to LoB here.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I happen to live just outside of the part of the Netherlands that'd flood if the dikes break. You won't be rid of me that easily.

15 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

There was a great rift in the universe on Saturday. A TTTNEer from way back passed away in the evening, Lord O' Bones.

:( I'm very sorry to hear that. I've never really talked to Bonesy but I saw him around. My condolences to you and sniffer.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I'm really sorry to hear this. My condolences to his friends and family. It is very nice of you to pay a tribute here too. 

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I never talked to him. My condolences.

But ... I always think of towels being @Pebble's specialty.

Thank you darling Bird...for you words your friendship and inviting me all those yrs ago to fall into TTTNE :wub:

and because i don't tell people i care about often enough

thanks to all of you current and past spamlanders that make me laugh, cheer, curse...

and get blind drunk...oh yeah i didn't really need y'all for that ;)

:smoking:

FB thank you for posting. I actually popped in to see if anything was posted here as I never venture to genchat. I didn't realize on Facebook that it was Bonesy that passed. I only had the briefest of interactions with him but he seemed like a lovely person. The world is worse with out him. 

Im hoping to be here a bit more often. We are putting our house on the market this Friday and will be officially relocating which will mean I will have much more time on my hands as I won't have a job. 

Hope you are all doing well!

I remember Bonesy fondly from TTTNE years ago.  I'm very saddened at his passing and was feeling nostalgic and wanted to say hi to my spamily.  I'm not sure there's anyone here left from back in my day that remembers me.  My previous job had the board blocked and I just kind of fell out of posting.  But it occurred to me yesterday that I can post from my phone (why did this take me years to think of?!).  The BwB are such good people and I loved being a spammer....I'm rambling but basically, hi board, hi TTTNE, I miss and love you all.

5 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Im hoping to be here a bit more often. We are putting our house on the market this Friday and will be officially relocating which will mean I will have much more time on my hands as I won't have a job. 

Good luck with the sale and the move!

I remember you Blue.  :love:  I still have Ser Fuzzy thing.     

I miss Bones, he was a friend of mine.   And I'm finding it incredibly hard to find the words, Its really strange how someone you have never met in person can have such a personal and meaningful impact on you.  He was one of the best of us and the world is a little darker and much sadder place without him.

Bucky the towels where his speciality,     I just desperately needed one.

15 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Many of you, I think, never had a chance to interact with him. I've only been on the Board for five years, and he popped in to say hi only a couple of times in my long ago early days on TTTNE. Two years ago he became very, very sick with liver disease and almost died. He moved back home from California to Kentucky, and when we had that long stretch of Board issues and switched over to the new platform, he lost his ability to sign in as Lord O' Bones. It aggravated the hell out of not just LoB but a whole lot of people, that someone who had been around since the original board days couldn't be given access to his account. He had to open a new account under the name of Bonesy.

He had been a sailor in the US Navy for a couple of stints, eventually working for a technology firm in Silicon Valley when he left the navy. Sadly, his liver ailment came back and he died of complications after the relapse.

John was an incredibly funny guy, wry and witty and ranty and unafraid to be a dick or to call you a dick if necessary. He was loved and admired by hundreds, if not thousands. Half the women had a crazy Board crush for the guy, because he genuinely liked women. He knew how to talk to women, how to flirt, how to tease, how to be sensitive, while at the same time be a jock with the guys. In the old days there were infamous calls on skype that a select group took part in, the closest many folk got to him because he never went to cons. The California crowd were lucky to meet him.

I encouraged rocksniffer to become friends with LoB when he first joined the Board, and it gladdens my heart that they did. He's been a key contact with the family and I know this has been rough on him. :(

You will often see old timers make references to towels. Towel comments relate to this hilarious thread of his, describing being burgled and running off after the thief wearing only a towel. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/37891-ever-had-somebody-burglarize-your-home-while-you-were-taking-a-crap/

Anyway....since many of you never traverse the long way to Gen Chat, I thought it would be suitable to have a tribute to LoB here.

I didn't know him but it sounds like he was a awesome character.

I would like to say though that I know exactly how devastating it is to lose someone you care about and would like to offer my condolences to his friends and family.

Archived