TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

Ask not why there is a bank holiday, simply enjoy the long weekend, unless you work in certain industries in which case look to bank holidays with dread (looking at you, brief stint as a barwoman/waitress)

49 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Bank holiday is such a weird expression.  What holiday did you have? We do not celebrate Pentecost either, it is not a public holiday.

We dont celebrate pentacost either (we exchanged it for our national day, June 6th) but the pentecost weekend is traditionally the weekend to get married.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Bank holiday is such a weird expression.  What holiday did you have? We do not celebrate Pentecost either, it is not a public holiday.

It's because the Banks are traditionally closed, and consequently people didn't have to pay back their loans etc. on those days. So no-one could by bankrupted on Christmas, for example. 

And it's because of Pentecost.

8 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

It's because the Banks are traditionally closed, and consequently people didn't have to pay back their loans etc. on those days. So no-one could by bankrupted on Christmas, for example. 

And it's because of Pentecost.

Oh. That makes sense. I guess. But other institutions would be closed on holidays too, not only banks, right?

Spammers, this thread is nearing 950, finally.

On Invalid Date at 10:24 AM, RhaenysB said:

Okay then, because I don't have anything against journalists in general. So what are you thinking about doing if you don't become a journalist? Any ideas yet? 

Writer is still on top of the top of the list, but since that's such a fickle trade I want to be equipped to be the other things too. Just need to figure out what. I like journalism but I don't think I want to practice it for ten more years, let alone forty.

Also, I'm now wearing a Gryffindor scarf I bought at the Harry Potter Exhibition, which was great :wub: 

It's like 2007 again.  I should be working, but I spent 45 minutes reading spam on this Board.  Interesting to see who's still around after all this time.    

howdy all.  How fares the Spam Kingdom these days?  

16 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Writer is still on top of the top of the list, but since that's such a fickle trade I want to be equipped to be the other things too. Just need to figure out what. I like journalism but I don't think I want to practice it for ten more years, let alone forty.

Also, I'm now wearing a Gryffindor scarf I bought at the Harry Potter Exhibition, which was great :wub: 

Journalism is a risky profession these days.  When I started college in 1989, I studied journalism.  The print media reporting that I studied in those days is a dusty relic and the media companies are struggling to keep afloat.  It's such a crazy time now.  Everyone has access to the means of distribution, but so little money.  Find a career like technical writing that can support you while working on writing you enjoy.

49 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I'll write a book one day too. Not now and not as a profession, but I have to get that one out of my system before I die. Be brave and go for writing. Just have a safety net to fall back on, should something go amiss. Technical writing or content writing for multinational companies or online journalism could all serve as such. 

Aww, good for you. It turns out my cousin finally jumped on the Harry Potter band wagon too. He isn't that late to the party, but it was definitely more exciting to be a HP fan fifteen years ago. But then, he wasn't even an idea fifteen years ago. 

33 minutes ago, Harlot said:

It's like 2007 again.  I should be working, but I spent 45 minutes reading spam on this Board.  Interesting to see who's still around after all this time.    

I confess I have no idea who you are and I have never seen you before, but as an old timer spammer, welcome back! :cheers: 

20 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I can neither confirm or deny at this stage.....

Fingers crossed then. :eek: 

No reason you should but thanks for the welcome.  I think this the first time I've signed in to the board since 2011.  Some old spammers let me know of Lord o' Bones' passing and the memorial thread.  So of course I came by to see if the spam still flows.  :cheers:

40 minutes ago, Harlot said:

Don't think I've seen you before, but welcome back :cheers: 

The Spampire is in very capable hands. Lord Sidious and I assumed control after the dullest moot ever.

36 minutes ago, Harlot said:

Journalism is a risky profession these days.  When I started college in 1989, I studied journalism.  The print media reporting that I studied in those days is a dusty relic and the media companies are struggling to keep afloat.  It's such a crazy time now.  Everyone has access to the means of distribution, but so little money.  Find a career like technical writing that can support you while working on writing you enjoy.

Yeah, that's the plan. There's some other things I'd like to be but those are all risky professions too :P 

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I'll write a book one day too. Not now and not as a profession, but I have to get that one out of my system before I die. Be brave and go for writing. Just have a safety net to fall back on, should something go amiss. Technical writing or content writing for multinational companies or online journalism could all serve as such. 

Aww, good for you. It turns out my cousin finally jumped on the Harry Potter band wagon too. He isn't that late to the party, but it was definitely more exciting to be a HP fan fifteen years ago. But then, he wasn't even an idea fifteen years ago. 

Do it, it's brought me so much.

Better late than never. Even I wasn't a fan fifteen years ago, but even five years ago things were livelier, when movies were still coming out.

11 minutes ago, Harlot said:

No reason you should but thanks for the welcome.  I think this the first time I've signed in to the board since 2011.  Some old spammers let me know of Lord o' Bones' passing and the memorial thread.  So of course I came by to see if the spam still flows.  :cheers:

Ah, I joined in 2012 so we just missed each other :lol: and how do you find the board now? 

4 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Don't think I've seen you before, but welcome back :cheers: 

The Spampire is in very capable hands. Lord Sidious and I assumed control after the dullest moot ever.

Yeah, that's the plan. There's some other things I'd like to be but those are all risky professions too :P 

Do it, it's brought me so much.

Better late than never. Even I wasn't a fan fifteen years ago, but even five years ago things were livelier, when movies were still coming out.

One day, one day :cheers: 

Well there was fantastic beasts last year and the cursed child curse, so it's not as dead as Lotr fandom for instance (which I dearly miss), but yeah, not the liveliest corner of entertainment today. 

25 minutes ago, Harlot said:

Holy hell you're like Spam-Cthullu

11 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Ah, I joined in 2012 so we just missed each other :lol: and how do you find the board now? 

I was just telling Mandy how little the Board changed in 10 years: same people, same topics, same replies. :lol:

It's interesting reading threads with people I spent so much online time with.  I was a stay-at-home dad for a year and spent many days spamming with Lany, Pebbles, Zabs, Mandy, Space Bandito...  Some of whom I've now met in real life and communicate with via other methods.  Spam people are good people.  

Archived