TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

10 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

the yard is insane!

I had a pool put in, but had to dig a big part of it out myself (the contractor would only level to 6 inches, and we had 11 inch difference)

And now I'm trying to level an area adjacent for a patio.

And we nearly dug to China putting in a fish pond. a few of the pics are here

Alex will be 15 next month.  He's finishing his first year of highschool, and celebrating by having a pool party for his friends from the anime club and track.  (he did both because the girl he likes did them :lol: )  He's a typical moody teenager most of the time

Are you still in college?  How's things with your sister?

Oh my god. :eek: that's so cool. so much work must be in it, but it looks amazing!!! I love the fish pond, so cute! What an amazing job on that yard! 

Glad to hear he's doing well, high school is fun. Yeah, typical moody teenager is good. Atypically moody teenager not so much. My sister is... difficult. She is a drama queen with crappy grades and an obsession for drinking and smoking at parties. Let's hope she'll grow out of it. 

No, I already finished college. Had my first (horrible) full time job, now I'm doing a free lance job with a college friend (until I get another full time job). It's kinda like a charity project, because it doesn't pay, but it looks good in the cv and I have the time and all the need for professional practice. Still haven't moved house (which I've been trying to do for such a damn long time) . 

17 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

It worked :commie: hi lily! 

How are you doing? Still teaching? Are college students as stupid as they were when I was at college? :D 

Naw, they're just LAZY!!!!   Gonna be working my tail off this summer on a special project.  Tired just thinking about it. :(  

9 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

My goodness, old folks week. :lol:

Hahahahahaha!  Good to see you down here again, missy!

13 hours ago, Pebble said:

Looks like the quote thing is not working for me.       the original purpose of   :commie:  was Ran winning the internet.   he acquired this emote for just this purpose in one thread a few years ago, and did not tell people (for a while) what the code was to post it, it also did not appear in the smiley menu list for a while too.   It has become a board favorite since.

Well, obviously this forum wins the internet, so I would say he succeeded. B) Not telling what the code is was mean though! :lol:

:commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie: I love that the emoticon limit has been lost in the upgrade.

13 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Hola my lovelies :kiss:

Work, family and yard work have me busy and exhausted the majority of the time, but sometimes I peak in just to see if the thread is still alive.

Right now it looks like things might get better the 4th quarter...unless my 3rd quarter crazy deal gets delayed :rolleyes: I'll try and make a little more effort to keep up with everyone

What is dead can never die!

Good luck with the job, and the garden looks amazing as ever.

11 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Sup spammers? 

I don't visit nearly as often as I should. It's been a crazy few weeks what with moving house, and now my car needs a new alternator so that's fun. I've got a million and one things to do to get everything at the house ready. A broken down car couldn't have come at a worse time. 

Yikes. Good luck with all the fixing. I hope you are enjoying your new residence.

9 hours ago, Baitac said:

I'm here!! Love you all! Thanks for the beckoning! What's everyone up to? 

Ahoy, lost one! :grouphug: We miss you here. What is going on with your life?

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Glad to hear he's doing well, high school is fun. Yeah, typical moody teenager is good. Atypically moody teenager not so much. My sister is... difficult. She is a drama queen with crappy grades and an obsession for drinking and smoking at parties. Let's hope she'll grow out of it. 

No, I already finished college. Had my first (horrible) full time job, now I'm doing a free lance job with a college friend (until I get another full time job). It's kinda like a charity project, because it doesn't pay, but it looks good in the cv and I have the time and all the need for professional practice. Still haven't moved house (which I've been trying to do for such a damn long time) . 

What is your charity project about, if I might ask? :)

12 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

Naw, they're just LAZY!!!!   Gonna be working my tail off this summer on a special project.  Tired just thinking about it. :( 

Good luck with it, I hope many students take part (and only the smart and good ones!). Remind me, are you teaching in high school or uni?

13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, obviously this forum wins the internet, so I would say he succeeded. B) Not telling what the code is was mean though! :lol:

:commie::commie::commie::commie::commie::commie: I love that the emoticon limit has been lost in the upgrade.

What is dead can never die!

Good luck with the job, and the garden looks amazing as ever.

Yikes. Good luck with all the fixing. I hope you are enjoying your new residence.

Ahoy, lost one! :grouphug: We miss you here. What is going on with your life?

What is your charity project about, if I might ask? :)

Good luck with it, I hope many students take part (and only the smart and good ones!). Remind me, are you teaching in high school or uni?

Two year college, so somewhere in between.  Freshmen and Sophomores!

3 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Hahahahahaha!  Good to see you down here again, missy!

Yeah I remember that. God we WERE lazy :lol: what kinda project will you be working on? Is it a good project at least or just tiring?

@Buckwheat it's not a charity kind of charity, it's just charity because we'll be working with a startup who can't pay for the service. We'll be doing some level of organization development, it's yet to be determined how deep we will go and what aspects of their functioning needs restructuring. Meetings will start next week. 

Welcome back Mithrandir, Lany, Pebbles, and others! :cheers: You should try to drop in more often.

On Invalid Date at 10:38 PM, RhaenysB said:

It's difficult to believe that I wanted to be a journalist at some point in my life... 

why do I even read these things? Why?:ack: 

Hard to believe I'm studying to be one :P I'm not sure I even want to be one anymore.

On Invalid Date at 10:49 PM, Buckwheat said:

I would not have anything against being a journalist. I think. But then maybe I am wrong and it sucks being one.

There's a ton of downsides and a ton of upsides. I love going places and meeting people but the deadlines and often ridiculous standards in this trade just suck. I could talk about this for hours.

This post was brought to you by the cheapest wine in all of London.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Welcome back Mithrandir, Lany, Pebbles, and others! :cheers: You should try to drop in more often.

Hard to believe I'm studying to be one :P I'm not sure I even want to be one anymore.

There's a ton of downsides and a ton of upsides. I love going places and meeting people but the deadlines and often ridiculous standards in this trade just suck. I could talk about this for hours.

Cheap wine? In London? I assume this is wine from the supermarket enjoyed in your rooms then :P No judgment, I chugged a 2.99 bottle of wine on Sunday. No shame, common as muck.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Cheap wine? In London? I assume this is wine from the supermarket enjoyed in your rooms then :P No judgment, I chugged a 2.99 bottle of wine on Sunday. No shame, common as muck.

Ew, I hope you have better taste in other beverages.

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Oh, I didn't mean to sound offensive. I'm sure it's great to study journalism and you can do lots of cool things with a journalism degree. I would have liked to study journalism too. And as long as it's not "news" reporting or political, I really have no problem with journalism. 

And you are in London *envious glare*

JK, have fun and try drinking not too terrible wines :D fun fact: you can buy a bottle of wine for under €1 here. Of course it's not going to be good, but you can get something decent tasting from €3. 

39 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Ew, I hope you have better taste in other beverages.

I don't really like wine all that much, so when I buy it I get whatever is cheap. I prefer vodka. Russian standard is what I can afford most of the time, though I've been known to get Stolichnaya from time to time. 

10 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Journalist was one of the things I wanted to be...until I had kids.  Didn't seem like a job for a woman with a family

Depends what kind of journalist, but yeah, you can't really go chasing scoops if you have to pick the kids up from school :P 

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh yes, a 3.50 bottle from Sainsbury's :P 

30 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh, I didn't mean to sound offensive. I'm sure it's great to study journalism and you can do lots of cool things with a journalism degree. I would have liked to study journalism too. And as long as it's not "news" reporting or political, I really have no problem with journalism. 

And you are in London *envious glare*

JK, have fun and try drinking not too terrible wines :D fun fact: you can buy a bottle of wine for under €1 here. Of course it's not going to be good, but you can get something decent tasting from €3. 

Oh, I wasn't offended at all! I was agreeing with you, I really think it sucks sometimes. There are some upsides that keep me here though.

Damn. I'll try and visit soon :P 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I don't really like wine all that much, so when I buy it I get whatever is cheap. I prefer vodka. Russian standard is what I can afford most of the time, though I've been known to get Stolichnaya from time to time. 

Yeah Stoli or Absolut are my normal choices, Stoli Elit is really nice, as smooth as water but it's £50 a bottle.

Hello Spammies!

I'm here, I'm well, Family (and spoilt dog) are well. I'm still out of work, but Tom is working and Oldest son is getting married in 2 weeks and we are all really happy!

My crochet skills are improving.

I'm trying to figure out how to read the latest Fitz and the Fool, but not have the story end...

22 minutes ago, Gillio said:

Hello Spammies!

I'm here, I'm well, Family (and spoilt dog) are well. I'm still out of work, but Tom is working and Oldest son is getting married in 2 weeks and we are all really happy!

I'm trying to figure out how to read the latest Fitz and the Fool, but not have the story end...

Welcome back!

congratulations for your son!

Well I've read it. I tried to take it slow but it just didn't work. And I'm still sad over it...

20 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Oh, I wasn't offended at all! I was agreeing with you, I really think it sucks sometimes. There are some upsides that keep me here though.

Damn. I'll try and visit soon :P 

Okay then, because I don't have anything against journalists in general. So what are you thinking about doing if you don't become a journalist? Any ideas yet? 

9 hours ago, Gillio said:

Hello Spammies!

Hiiiii! 

So nice to see you around Gillio! Glad to hear the family is doing well. And aren't spoilt dogs the best? 

Congratulations to your son, have a great time at the wedding! 

On on the topic of spoilt dogs, we took prince William to the vet last night, he's getting treatment for his joints, it will hopefully make him feel better. He was a good dog mostly, but did throw a little tantrum when the vet tried to take his temperature. And the vet remembered him from a few years ago when he had to be stitched up. He took the trip well overall. And he wasn't too mad at me for making him take it either. I did get a glare when I petted the neighbor puppy though, you know the "you put me in a hot bumpy car, let some stranger put a stick in my butt, give me an injection and now you have the nerve to pet some stranger dog, you bastard" kind of look. He got lots of strips of bacon for being a good dog though, so he forgave us. 

10 hours ago, Gillio said:

Hello Spammies!

Gillio! :grouphug: You were missed! Welcome back.

Congratulations to your son, of course. :) May his wedding not be a dull affair.

Archived