TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

5 minutes ago, The King in Black said:

Holy hell you're like Spam-Cthullu

Haha.  I'm just back to work today after vacation and it's a convenient diversion since I don't feel like working.  B)

8 minutes ago, Harlot said:

Haha.  I'm just back to work today after vacation and it's a convenient diversion since I don't feel like working.  B)

Man I too waste my time at work visiting obscure Internet message Boards ! If you've got a rolly chair and office coffee that tastes like that water they use to clean brushes after painting too , you're just  me in another life

except the happily married with kids part. I'm lonely and going to die in a hospital bed surrounded by nothing but machines.

1 minute ago, The King in Black said:

Man I too waste my time at work visiting obscure Internet message Boards ! If you've got a rolly chair and office coffee that tastes like that water they use to clean brushes after painting too , you're just  me in another life

My chair does indeed roll.  My office coffee is black, oily and bitter, like my heart  :cheers:

8 minutes ago, Harlot said:

My chair does indeed roll.  My office coffee is black, oily and bitter, like my heart  :cheers:

Capitalism does that to men , yes.

How low has the Board fallen in the time of your cryogenic sleep ?

Edit : Looks like I managed to chase off someone who came here 6 years later. Mr Personality strikes again 

Rolly chair with no arm rest and office coffee that tastes like liquid mold, anyone? No wonder I left. 

@The King in Black you're so stupid, you didn't chase him off, he had to let the dog out. Don't you have a dog to know how important that is?  Here, :grouphug: don't be so moody, by the time you die those machines surrounding you will be able to speak and tell stupid jokes like this to help you to the afterlife with a goofy grin on your face. 

how are you doing  anyways, apart from the crappy job? 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Rolly chair with no arm rest and office coffee that tastes like liquid mold, anyone? No wonder I left. 

@The King in Black you're so stupid, you didn't chase him off, he had to let the dog out. Don't you have a dog to know how important that is?  Here, :grouphug: don't be so moody, by the time you die those machines surrounding you will be able to speak and tell stupid jokes like this to help you to the afterlife with a goofy grin on your face. 

how are you doing  anyways, apart from the crappy job? 

Rhaenys , you're like sunshine.

I'm doing quite well. There's a new bookstore in the neighborhood ,so I've got myself a new, ambient haven. I'm single again, so there's that. Oh , but neighbors are cool. Having them for dinner on Friday actually. 

Hello, old new person. I hope you drop by again in less than 6 years.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Yeah, that's the plan. There's some other things I'd like to be but those are all risky professions too :P

Translator? Proofreader? :read: No better apparently.

And then my first wish is to be a uni assistant. We both are queen and king of unreliable career goals, right?

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

the cursed child curse

I think we are all better off pretending that never happened.

2 hours ago, The King in Black said:

except the happily married with kids part. I'm lonely and going to die in a hospital bed surrounded by nothing but machines.

Oh, come on, the spammers will always be here for you.

Maybe we are just your imaginary friends, but better than nothing, right?

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Hello, old new person. I hope you drop by again in less than 6 years.

And then my first wish is to be a uni assistant. We both are queen and king of unreliable career goals, right?

I think we are all better off pretending that never happened.

Oh, come on, the spammers will always be here for you.

Maybe we are just your imaginary friends, but better than nothing, right?

Yeah ! You guys and those aliens who kidnapped me in Kathmandu

23 minutes ago, The King in Black said:

Anyway , what new chapter unfolds in the Chronicles of @RhaenysB ? And what is Flower Power up to these days @Buckwheat ?

Flower Power feels lost and does not know what to do with her life. Knows she would be happiest if she started a PhD, but that is expensive and might not even be worth it (she can end up less employable than she already is).

Job prospects in fields I would be actually interested in are practically zero. I might need to take something random out of my field because I need to do something. I might need to start my own "company" as a freelancer.

I might need to go abroad, which I am not opposed to (especially it that abroad were my beloved Vienna), but then that means I cannot start a PhD program here.

I also feel that I am ready to live on my own finally, but in order to start that, obviously, I need a source of income better than occasional proofreading.

I am working on a translating project that will be unpaid. So, uh, yeah.

Hard decisions and a lot of stress. Additionally piled on by the supernatural entity postponing his visit! <_<

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Fingers crossed then. :eek: 

I don't want to jinx things and give an answer until it's safe to do for now I will keep you guessing :P.

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Flower Power feels lost and does not know what to do with her life. Knows she would be happiest if she started a PhD, but that is expensive and might not even be worth it (she can end up less employable than she already is).

Job prospects in fields I would be actually interested in are practically zero. I might need to take something random out of my field because I need to do something. I might need to start my own "company" as a freelancer.

I might need to go abroad, which I am not opposed to (especially it that abroad were my beloved Vienna), but then that means I cannot start a PhD program here.

I also feel that I am ready to live on my own finally, but in order to start that, obviously, I need a source of income better than occasional proofreading.

I am working on a translating project that will be unpaid. So, uh, yeah.

Hard decisions and a lot of stress. Additionally piled on by the supernatural entity postponing his visit! <_<

Join me and together we shall rule the galaxy.....

6 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I don't want to jinx things and give an answer until it's safe to do for now I will keep you guessing :P.

Join me and together we shall rule the galaxy.....

But we can make jokes about it? :P

Oh, that is magnificent career advice. What are the options for professional improvement and opportunities for continuous education in your company?

We should be racing. But I have a feeling I can go have dinner and come back and still win this, by the look of the thread. Or is everybody hiding and just waiting for the right moment?

1 hour ago, The King in Black said:

Rhaenys , you're like sunshine.

I'm doing quite well. There's a new bookstore in the neighborhood ,so I've got myself a new, ambient haven. I'm single again, so there's that. Oh , but neighbors are cool. Having them for dinner on Friday actually. 

*flips hair*

oooooh the kind of cute, rustic, non-chain bookstore with great atmosphere? *.* single again, that's not necessarily bad, is it? New start and all. Oooh some people have neighbors that come over for dinner And not leave dead pigeon parts in front of the elevator for others to clean up? That sounds pleasant! 

45 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I think we are all better off pretending that never happened

Translator and proofreader are cool jobs. Imagine you are a proofreader or an editor, all you have to do is criticize other people's writing and they have to listen to you!!! Did I just found myself? Was that mean? 

No, no. This brain can never unremember the horrors. No way of pretending it didn't happen, the scars it left are too deep. 

@The King in Black RhaenysB is looking for a flat - yes, still looking for a flat, don't look at me like that, it's not that easy - and a new job. I'm starting an unpaid project this week, which is cool and looks good in a cv, but of course some sort of full time job that pays needs to be found on the long run. I'll be going to a wedding at the eeekend and on a vacation in July. That's about it, I think. I'm single too. For... let's not count how many months now. 

27 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

But we can make jokes about it? :P

Oh, that is magnificent career advice. What are the options for professional improvement and opportunities for continuous education in your company?

Professional improvement and education?, why learning the mysteries of the force of course, and gaining such knowledge that you learn to master the dark side.

34 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Translator and proofreader are cool jobs. Imagine you are a proofreader or an editor, all you have to do is criticize other people's writing and they have to listen to you!!! Did I just found myself? Was that mean?

This is basically what I do. I get to be as hair-splitting as I choose. :smug:

I also sometimes get really boring stuff to read. And I do not doubt there are more boring things than I do to proofread too.

34 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

No, no. This brain can never unremember the horrors. No way of pretending it didn't happen, the scars it left are too deep. 

*shudders* Try to supress that horrible trauma.

22 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Professional improvement and education?, why learning the mysteries of the force of course, and gaining such knowledge that you learn to master the dark side.

Sounds agreeable. What are the perks of the employment?

Archived