Acrophobia 28: Lomas Longstrider's notes - CONCLUDED

Dolorous Gabe

1. 3. Sarnath's impressive dream residence! Behold: Civilization's proud architecture's gone. Nevertheless, truly exquisite mementos remain.

2. 1. Strolling I delineated rooms beyond count; palace a ghostly neglected terrain echoing Mazor's ruination.

3. 6. Someone invited decorators randomly, because carpeted parlors are ghastly, no thrones. Entering madness realized! 

1 - 5. Stunning if derelict, riddled by cobwebs. Palace announced grandeur—never to effect magnificent return.

2 - 1. Strolling I delineated rooms beyond count; palace a ghostly neglected terrain echoing Mazor's ruination.

3 - 6. Someone invited decorators randomly, because carpeted parlors are ghastly, no thrones. Entering madness realized!

First:      5. Stunning if derelict, riddled by cobwebs. Palace announced grandeur—never to effect magnificent return.

Second: 1. Strolling I delineated rooms beyond count; palace a ghostly neglected terrain echoing Mazor's ruination.

Third:     2. Sarnath is dilapidated, ruins bemoan civilizations' past. Although gigantic, now the empty manse rots.

ROUND SEVEN RESULTS

THE PALACE WITH A THOUSAND ROOMS

1. Castellan 1+1 +2+2+2 = 8

2. The Bastards Giant Friend 1+1 +2+1+1 = 6

3. Julia H. 1+1 +3+3 = 8

4. lil ghost 1+1 +1 = 3

5. Lady Blizzardborn 1+1 +2+3+3+3+2 +4 = 19

6. Raisin' Bran 1+1 +1+1+1+3 = 8

FINAL STANDINGS

Julia H. 74 + 8 = 82

Lady Blizzardborn 57 + 19 = 76

The Bastards Giant Friend 57 + 6 = 63

Castellan 48 + 8 = 56

Raisin' Bran 46 + 8 = 54

Fragile Bird 46

lil' ghost 39 + 3 = 42

Congratulations to the winner – JULIA H.

Yes, she's done it again! Julia H acquires a 4th Acrophobia crown at an incredible success rate since joining the game. A stirring fightback by Lady Blizzardborn in the 2nd half of this edition ends just six points behind the champion, which was a great effort! Talented newbie The Bastards Giant Friend rounds off the top three, having just dropped off the pace in the final straight after an extraordinary run from joining in the 2nd round.

Thanks to everyone for playing this edition of Acrophobia, I've enjoyed seeing your collective creativity come out (and I reciprocated with the prize!). I hope it was fun to play and I feel like we've learned a lot about Lomas Longstrider and his seven known wonders made by man.

Congratulations, Julia!

Thank you everybody for a great game. The standard was truly excellent this game, and the competition very tough. That said, I haven't finished so well for a long time. And wait 'til you see the one I didn't enter for this last round. ;)

Thank you DG, as always you've been a lovely host.

So...when's the next game?  I've got a theme idea but can't even think about thinking about hosting at the moment (big school event coming up).

Congratulations Julia, and Lady B for this round, too. Thanks to DG for hosting and for the prize, and to everyone for playing so we had just the right number!

Thank you for the votes - it was always a pleasant surprise to see that I was getting votes at all, there were so many excellent entries in this game. 

Lady Blizzardborn, congratulations on a fantastic last round (and on all the other great entries you created)!

DG, you are a wonderful host, thank you for the game, for your patience and for surprising us with such a unique prize! :D

I'm also interested in the next game now. Does anyone want to host? If no one else wants to do it, I can try. (Will there be players?) I don't have any specific idea yet, and if anyone else wants to be a host, please go ahead, but I will try to think of something, just in case. :)

On 5/5/2017 at 8:56 AM, Julia H. said:

I don't have any specific idea yet, and if anyone else wants to be a host, please go ahead, but I will try to think of something, just in case. :)

If you're looking for a theme, I think how a character would describe themselves in an online dating app would be a pretty good theme.

Archived