Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chongjasmine

Just finished season 1...

Recommended Posts

Here are my thoughts.

 

So sad that Eddard Stark had to die. He is such a good man.

Really hate littlefinger.

 

Love Arya. Find her lively and cute.

 

Really admire Catelyn and Robb. Find them courageous in the midst of crisis.

 

Love the dragons. Find them kind of cute.

 

Too much sexual content for my taste, though. I can stand the violence, but the sex is too much for me. Especially the part where the two prostitutes were practicing with each other, while littlefinger watched.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Thu Mar 16 2017 at 3:10 AM, chongjasmine said:

Here are my thoughts.

 

So sad that Eddard Stark had to die. He is such a good man.

Really hate littlefinger.

 

Love Arya. Find her lively and cute.

 

Really admire Catelyn and Robb. Find them courageous in the midst of crisis.

 

Love the dragons. Find them kind of cute.

 

Too much sexual content for my taste, though. I can stand the violence, but the sex is too much for me. Especially the part where the two prostitutes were practicing with each other, while littlefinger watched.

 

Were you a book reader first or just new to the series in general?  Welcome, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

It took a few years, right before season 4 actually, for me to get into the show because the two episodes I saw before (one in season 2, the other in season 3) had too much incest, sex, and other foul content in them - only when I realized a key client who I had little to nothing in common with was obsessed with the show did I finally give in and watch a marathon (to paraphrase Jaime, "the things I do for purchase orders...").  Then I got hooked after seeing what all the show had to offer.  So I agree with your assessment whole heartedly, too much unnecessary sex, and that does continue, but it mostly lessens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.3.2017 at 8:10 AM, chongjasmine said:

Here are my thoughts.

 

So sad that Eddard Stark had to die. He is such a good man.

Really hate littlefinger.

 

Love Arya. Find her lively and cute.

 

Really admire Catelyn and Robb. Find them courageous in the midst of crisis.

 

Love the dragons. Find them kind of cute.

 

Too much sexual content for my taste, though. I can stand the violence, but the sex is too much for me. Especially the part where the two prostitutes were practicing with each other, while littlefinger watched.

 

If you cant stand violence, nudity and incest, Game of Thrones might be the wrong show for you. I am afraid, it won't get less. No offence, just sayin'. But at least there will be some beautifull weddings later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/3/2017 at 8:10 AM, chongjasmine said:

Here are my thoughts.

 

So sad that Eddard Stark had to die. He is such a good man.

Really hate littlefinger.

 

Love Arya. Find her lively and cute.

 

Really admire Catelyn and Robb. Find them courageous in the midst of crisis.

 

Love the dragons. Find them kind of cute.

 

Too much sexual content for my taste, though. I can stand the violence, but the sex is too much for me. Especially the part where the two prostitutes were practicing with each other, while littlefinger watched.

 

Welcome to the forum! Those were my feelings as well when I finished s1! I love Arya! And from then on, I couldn't stop watching it, and started reading the books after s4, which are amazing.

I'm afraid the nudity and weird sexual content is very common in GOT's all seasons, but they are not the important thing if you learn to ignore them ;)

That's a good place to discuss, but you might get spoiled by any poster because it's the general section (even if that is not their intention, it's difficult not to speak more without knowing you are doing it!). I don't know if you are bothered about the spoilers, but If you surely don't want spoilers you could always ask any moderator if they can move the thread to s1's subforum or ask  if  the title of the thread can be edited with a disclaimer about it. That's what I'd do in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

There is a fair amount of sex and nudity in the series (although less so I think than in the books, GRRM writes some fairly explicit sex scenes). 

I don't agree with that. There are explicit sex scenes in the books, but if we compare, there is much less of it in the books, much less. I consider that food descriptions are the books "porn".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't agree with that. There are explicit sex scenes in the books, but if we compare, there is much less of it in the books, much less. I consider that food descriptions are the books "porn".

We'll have to agree to disagree, without putting in spoilers there are some descriptions of relations between one of the Iron Born and her Lover in the books that reads almost like a Penthouse letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2017 at 3:10 AM, chongjasmine said:

Here are my thoughts.

 

So sad that Eddard Stark had to die. He is such a good man.

Really hate littlefinger.

 

Love Arya. Find her lively and cute.

 

Really admire Catelyn and Robb. Find them courageous in the midst of crisis.

 

Love the dragons. Find them kind of cute.

 

Too much sexual content for my taste, though. I can stand the violence, but the sex is too much for me. Especially the part where the two prostitutes were practicing with each other, while littlefinger watched.

 

Hand in there. You have two more seasons to enjoy before it turns In to absolute toilet paper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Welcome to the forum! Those were my feelings as well when I finished s1! I love Arya! And from then on, I couldn't stop watching it, and started reading the books after s4, which are amazing.

I'm afraid the nudity and weird sexual content is very common in GOT's all seasons, but they are not the important thing if you learn to ignore them ;)

That's a good place to discuss, but you might get spoiled by any poster because it's the general section (even if that is not their intention, it's difficult not to speak more without knowing you are doing it!). I don't know if you are bothered about the spoilers, but If you surely don't want spoilers you could always ask any moderator if they can move the thread to s1's subforum or ask  if  the title of the thread can be edited with a disclaimer about it. That's what I'd do in that case.

This is very good advice! And welcome to the forum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Were you a book reader first or just new to the series in general?  Welcome, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

It took a few years, right before season 4 actually, for me to get into the show because the two episodes I saw before (one in season 2, the other in season 3) had too much incest, sex, and other foul content in them - only when I realized a key client who I had little to nothing in common with was obsessed with the show did I finally give in and watch a marathon (to paraphrase Jaime, "the things I do for purchase orders...").  Then I got hooked after seeing what all the show had to offer.  So I agree with your assessment whole heartedly, too much unnecessary sex, and that does continue, but it mostly lessens.

 I am a book reader first. While I don't like the sex, I really enjoy season 1. And now, season 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Welcome to the forum! Those were my feelings as well when I finished s1! I love Arya! And from then on, I couldn't stop watching it, and started reading the books after s4, which are amazing.

I'm afraid the nudity and weird sexual content is very common in GOT's all seasons, but they are not the important thing if you learn to ignore them ;)

That's a good place to discuss, but you might get spoiled by any poster because it's the general section (even if that is not their intention, it's difficult not to speak more without knowing you are doing it!). I don't know if you are bothered about the spoilers, but If you surely don't want spoilers you could always ask any moderator if they can move the thread to s1's subforum or ask  if  the title of the thread can be edited with a disclaimer about it. That's what I'd do in that case.

I am not bothered by spoilers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

We'll have to agree to disagree, without putting in spoilers there are some descriptions of relations between one of the Iron Born and her Lover in the books that reads almost like a Penthouse letter.

well....about this thing:

Spoiler

I am not particularly a fan of how Martin described it, but it was more interesting than many of the scenes (not canon, filler ones) we have in GOT involving women, in comparison to the amount of these ones that are in the books (much much less, in the show cheap sex is a constant).  The main difference was that, at least, the description was about a couple, and the woman was enjoying it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season is the best for many around here because it's the closest one to the books. 5 and 6 are the worst as D&D went off the books in many aspects. I think S 1, 3, 4, 6, 2 and 5 in this order.

What do you make Dany and Drogo, Night's Watch and Theon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes this is still the best season for me and then comes season 3,4,2,5and6

Yes people will say its best because it was close to the books but I will say A Game of Thrones is the best book in the series because I think this is the one book where there is proper start and middle and end ...

You won't find the likes of character growth we see of dany and Ned to some extent Jon ( which is achieved in a single book ) ..tyrion was great ,catelyn was real and arya charming all made the book ans show great ..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go season 2, 3, 4, 1, 5, 6 but that's probably because I thought the Wot5K was the most interesting conflict on the show, but the first four seasons are fantastic and could go in any order.  The first half of season 5 was okay and then it unraveled really quickly... like once Jaime/Bronn got to Doran's court and Tyrion/Jorah got enslaved and it became obvious what Stannis was going to do to Shireen from there on the show has been tough to watch save for a few moments here and there.

19 minutes ago, Drogonthedread said:

Yes people will say its best because it was close to the books but I will say A Game of Thrones is the best book in the series because I think this is the one book where there is proper start and middle and end ...

You won't find the likes of character growth we see of dany and Ned to some extent Jon ( which is achieved in a single book ) ..tyrion was great ,catelyn was real and arya charming all made the book ans show great ..

I might agree on AGOT is the best book, but it's tough to rank the books since it's different for each character.  Bran's chapters were so hard for me to read in AGOT but really interesting in ADWD, whereas Tyrion's chapters were great in ACOK and terrible in ADWD, and there's a few more like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×