College Basketball: Sweet and disappointing

Mexal

Gottlieb would be a good hire. Oklahoma State needs to get creative. Stillwater is a shithole, meaning they're likely to lose anyone who has success there unless they are an alum with actual loyalty. Gottlieb is a smart, personable guy. He'll recruit well there. The x's and o's of basketball are neither particularly difficult nor particularly important. If he can bring in somebody with the managerial experience of running a progrma who can help him with that for a few years, he'll be fine. 

8 hours ago, S John said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18977048/doug-gottlieb-interview-oklahoma-state-cowboys-coaching-vacancy

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt?  Lose Brad Underwood and replace him with Doug freakin'-hide-your-credit-cards Gottlieb?  Are they nuts?  Guy has never been a collegiate coach and they are going to put him in charge of a Power conference program?  They cannot be serious.  I would honestly be furious that they were even wasting time talking to this guy if I were a Pokes fan.  

Gotta think Big XII coaches are licking their chops at the prospect of doling out a few thrashings to a talking head trying his hand at doing the job instead of criticizing it.  

I can't see it happening, but I would love it if it did.  We need a zero effort conference win occasionally.

4 minutes ago, Triskan said:

One person on FiveThirtyEight said Gonzaga v. WVU deserves more hype than Kentucky v. UCLA this round not that there's any way to prove such a thing.

The most important thing noted in that video is that because there were so few upsets, we are in for another great weekend of bball.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lavar Ball vs Stephen A. Smith is the most amazing thing I've ever heard. 

I'm watching it right now, it's outrageous. Two blowhards sucking all the air out of a room and filling it back up with bullshit.

Lavar Ball - I cannot even watch that, nor do I want to or even see any reason why this guys opinion even matters. It's like the Kardashian's and the dumbasses that keep their bank account fat by giving them attention, for what? I know it's a going to get him rich and having at least one son that can play in the NBA, will help that. But, for the life of me, why does this man get national airtime and headlines? Its the ravings of a madman. Jordan cant gaurd him? Shit, the Roof is the Ceiling, man!

Tied at the half, and I'm feeling hesitantly optimistic. We have dictated the the pace and Gonzaga does look a bit uncomfortable. Thing is, we are shooting like shit. If the shots start falling, I really like our chances. That being said, if we give all we got and end up looking, I'm very proud of this team. Really a good game. And, I see where @Triskan says that Zags are legit. As good As team as we've faced all year. Ready for a great 2nd half.

ETA: I love Zags big man with the beard. That jump hook is almost unstoppable and I love to see bigs go back to a move that is virtually unstoppable. As much as I want to win, obviously, I do have a respect for the Zags. Great team.

29 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Tied at the half, and I'm feeling hesitantly optimistic. We have dictated the the pace and Gonzaga does look a bit uncomfortable. Thing is, we are shooting like shit. If the shots start falling, I really like our chances. That being said, if we give all we got and end up looking, I'm very proud of this team. Really a good game. And, I see where @Triskan says that Zags are legit. As good As team as we've faced all year. Ready for a great 2nd half.

ETA: I love Zags big man with the beard. That jump hook is almost unstoppable and I love to see bigs go back to a move that is virtually unstoppable. As much as I want to win, obviously, I do have a respect for the Zags. Great team.

WVU has to start hitting some shots.  Been pretty much cold the whole game.  D has kept us in it.

Archived