College Basketball: Sweet and disappointing

Mexal

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, at the end of the day, this is a team game. Kentucky played a complete game here.

As I said upthread, Welsh has been the guy that has killed us the last two times.  I think his foul trouble really turned the game around.  It was close until he went out with four, then the game was blown open.

1 minute ago, sperry said:

The 23% 3 point shooter should not be going ahead of Ball.

I dunno.  I said it upthread and multiple times this season, his shot goes in but Ball has some very fundamental flaws in his shot form.  Fox isn't a great shooter, but his form is good.  I think a pro staff can work with that better.

Just now, Ded As Ned said:

Good game!  Lived up to the billing.  Now bring on UNC!!! 

I've felt good about the UCLA game all week, I'm less confident about the way UNC has been playing.

But that's why the games are played!

Holy cow!

Have a friend from Wisconsin that I exchange smack talk with.  This time last year he had a FB post that was all blah blah blah further than Kentucky two years in a row.

With Florida up 8, I saved the Kermit sipping tea pic to my phone and went digging a year back on his page... thought all that work was going to be for naught! :lol: 

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I hate to say this, but, in happy for you. I like this UK team more than a whole lot of them. They're a fun team to watch.

Thanks!  Was certainly a worthy win.  Out of our Sweet 16 games in the Calipari era, I put it up there with Ohio State in 2011 and Indiana in 2012.

The team really is a lot of fun.  They all seem to be legitimately good kids too.

ETA:  Oh crap... And UofL in 2014.  We really have hadn't some great S16 match ups now that I think about it!

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Thanks!  Was certainly a worthy win.  Out of our Sweet 16 games in the Calipari era, I put it up there with Ohio State in 2011 and Indiana in 2012.

The team really is a lot of fun.  They all seem to be legitimately good kids too.

ETA:  Oh crap... And UofL in 2014.  We really have hadn't some great S16 match ups now that I think about it!

Oh, and I cannot begin to tell how fun it was to watch Fox destroy Ball. I thought Ball might be had a big game and prove his worth. It might just be the Fox's tournament. He certainly has been playing lights out since the SEC tourney. And, I have to admit I love his style of play. Very fun. Monk might be a better NBA prospect, but with a good tourney Fox will definitely improve his stock.

11 minutes ago, Triskan said:

And Ball instantly announced that he's gone not that this is any surprise.  Hope Leaf returns.  He could rip it up next year.  Hard to see Alford leaving now if the IU thing isn't going to happen.

Yeah, UCLA has him for the foreseeable future now that Archie Miller is at IU.

Poor Alford, still has four more years of Lavar. And what's worse, next year the middle brother comes in, who is a mediocre prospect at best and only landed at a place like UCLA because he was a package deal with the old and young balls (hehe).  What is ole Lavar goiing to do when his middle kid is riding pine?

Archived