What are you listening to? XXIII - What sounds are you putting into your ears!?

Theda Baratheon

On 09/04/2017 at 7:16 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

Siouxsie and the Bnshees <3

Been enjoying gentlemans dub club's new album dubtopia in work

Got to love Siouxie!, one of the 3 best post punk bands, none of which I can pick between 

:D.

52 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Got to love Siouxie!, one of the 3 best post punk bands, none of which I can pick between 

:D.

What are the other two in your opinion ;);)  

Siouxsie and the banshees have been my fave group since I was 12/13 - they'll always have a special place in my heart 

8 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

What are the other two in your opinion ;);)  

Siouxsie and the banshees have been my fave group since I was 12/13 - they'll always have a special place in my heart 

Joy Division and The Cure, I couldn't pick between those 3.

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Love em both - could have easily been Bauhaus and Sisters of Mercy as well tbh I love then all really - post punk is one of my fave genres ever 

Yeah it's one of mine too, right up there with Cream era Clapton and Hendrix, which for me says a lot!.

Can't wait for the first Slowdive album in 22 years. Seen them live after they reunited and it was a magical experience. And now they actually make new music, that's more than I could hope for for such a long time. Just few more weeks. First two songs they already released set my expectations very high. It's their unmistakable sound allright.

I'm a great fan of shoegaze in general (I'm also excited for a new Ride's album), but Slowdive was always very special to me. 

Been diggin this stuff since I watch the documentary about them. The current iteration recently played in my city and it was pretty fuckin fantastic.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcRhnSEwVlo

The band is Death. They were probably the first true punk group ever. And they happened to be from Detroit and black. Almost got the deal they deserved, but the name of the band halted the process and they missed the chance to be the spearhead for a new genre. Others took their place and punk became a thing and made waves.

The above is an original recording of what could have been.

Archived