What are you listening to? XXIII - What sounds are you putting into your ears!?

Theda Baratheon

On 12/06/2017 at 7:42 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Hmmm. I like Arcade Fire but not sure about this one. But then their stuff usually grows on me over time so we'll see.

Wolf Alice, Yuk Foo. Excited to see the rest of the album.

On 07/06/2017 at 10:16 PM, williamjm said:

Arcade Fire's new song Everything Now. I think they're a great band, but my initial reaction to this song is that I'm a bit indifferent to it, although maybe it'll grow on me.

Coming back to this for a couple of reasons. 1) Everything Now became better the more I listened to it. There are definite ABBA vibes to it that just make me want to get up and dance around.

2) with the album now out, I'm curious to know if you had a chance to listen yet, and what you think? For me, it was a very good album, though not my favourite from AF (that still belongs to Funeral for me, with the Suburbs a close second). I think the beginning is very strong and has some of their better work, in particular Signs of Life and Creature Comforts. Some of the songs don't quite work for me - Peter Pan, Infinite Content, We Don't Deserve Love - but as with a lot of AF songs I'm sure in time I'll grow to love them. 

I'd give it 4/5 as my rating

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Coming back to this for a couple of reasons. 1) Everything Now became better the more I listened to it. There are definite ABBA vibes to it that just make me want to get up and dance around.

2) with the album now out, I'm curious to know if you had a chance to listen yet, and what you think? For me, it was a very good album, though not my favourite from AF (that still belongs to Funeral for me, with the Suburbs a close second). I think the beginning is very strong and has some of their better work, in particular Signs of Life and Creature Comforts. Some of the songs don't quite work for me - Peter Pan, Infinite Content, We Don't Deserve Love - but as with a lot of AF songs I'm sure in time I'll grow to love them. 

I'd give it 4/5 as my rating

I've heard some of it on Youtube, but haven't listened to the whole thing yet. I'll definitely give it a try at some point, Arcade Fire have a good enough track record that I'll always give their new material a chance. I know what you mean about the Abba vibe, I can't remember which song I was listening to yesterday but I did think that it sounded a bit Abba-like at times.

Going to see Clutch and Primus tomorrow night so brushing up a bit on some of their music. I know a few songs but I'm mostly a Primus n00b though I have no doubt they'll put on a good show.

9 minutes ago, Durckad said:

Going to see Clutch and Primus tomorrow night so brushing up a bit on some of their music. I know a few songs but I'm mostly a Primus n00b though I have no doubt they'll put on a good show.

You're in for a treat. Claypool is amazing. Haven't seen them in a decade, but the last time I did see them they were still the tighest trio I've ever seen live. 

Survial by Muse

Muse is my favorite band, and, for some reason, this some makes me cry. I don't know if it is the lyrics, "And I'll give you my strength to the whole human race" or what, but it does.

I feel like I wouldn't do justice to my love of this band if I couldn't play this song so I can and I can almost sing it, too. :rolleyes: Bellamy is influenced by Jeff Buckley you know

Archived