What are you listening to? XXIII - What sounds are you putting into your ears!?

Theda Baratheon

On 31/07/2017 at 10:49 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Coming back to this for a couple of reasons. 1) Everything Now became better the more I listened to it. There are definite ABBA vibes to it that just make me want to get up and dance around.

2) with the album now out, I'm curious to know if you had a chance to listen yet, and what you think? For me, it was a very good album, though not my favourite from AF (that still belongs to Funeral for me, with the Suburbs a close second). I think the beginning is very strong and has some of their better work, in particular Signs of Life and Creature Comforts. Some of the songs don't quite work for me - Peter Pan, Infinite Content, We Don't Deserve Love - but as with a lot of AF songs I'm sure in time I'll grow to love them. 

I'd give it 4/5 as my rating

I've finally gotten round to listening to the full album. I think it does seem pretty good, my initial reaction is that it might not be  up there with their best (I'd agree that Funeral and The Suburbs are their best), but it's possible I might end up liking it more than their previous album, which I was never all that keen on.

23 hours ago, williamjm said:

I've finally gotten round to listening to the full album. I think it does seem pretty good, my initial reaction is that it might not be  up there with their best (I'd agree that Funeral and The Suburbs are their best), but it's possible I might end up liking it more than their previous album, which I was never all that keen on.

Good to hear your thoughts on it. I agree that Reflektor wasnt their best work. Everything Now has definitely grown on me though, and true to form some of the stuff i wasnt keen on at first are now among my favourite tracks. Go figure :lol:

Archived