DaveSumm

Rick and Morty Season 3

No, it wasn't an April Fools joke. It was real and I watched it. And it was awesome. Everything I'd hoped for. 

(The only thread I could find was archived....)

Edited by DaveSumm

Dropping the episode the way they did was a stroke of brilliance. So fucking meta.

Spoiler

I wonder if Jerry and Beth are really going to get divorced?

Also hoping we see Evil Morty again this season.

7 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Dropping the episode the way they did was a stroke of brilliance. So fucking meta.

Hide contents

I wonder if Jerry and Beth are really going to get divorced?

Also hoping we see Evil Morty again this season.

Spoiler

Yea that'd be interesting.......he's a funny character, so I kinda hope they do get divorced (Rick being head of the family = funny) but they also follow Jerry on some kind of sub plot (= funny). Loved the nine season arc of finding the Mulan sauce. :D

I'll leave this a non-spoiler thread for a page or so as people might not have heard / assumed it was an April Fools.

Edited by DaveSumm

that was an awesome stealth premier. Hearty laughs throughout the episode. If this is a sign of the season to come then we're in for  treat.

Rick is such a great character. I love how unattached he is to most things eg his real body - he gives zero fucks as long as his mind is intact. It's also becoming more clear why he hates the Rick league as they completely go against his anarchist values.

"Employee of the week"

"Phoenix Man"

It was nice to see the original world again - that Jerry has his shit together. Maybe Jerry being forced to fend for himself rather than live in the prison of his safe-yet-unhappy life will be useful for him.

Rick is almost insane enough to be doing everything for that Mulan-sauce.

I knew Rick was trolling the interogator with his back story but the element that had me worried was the insinuation he wasn't the original/invented the transdimensional gun independently. But it was clear that was all bullshit so it's all good. Although I am curious as to what his wife was like and what happened to her. Maybe we'll get to see another her at some point this season now she's been more strongly hinted at?

The big question is whether we get another episode next week?

This was awesome, i stopped on Adult Swim thinking I would watch a Bob's Burgers episode.

No new episode next week, or for many weeks after, unless they are dragging the April Fools gag out. There was a teaser during the episode with Pickle Rick which said season 3 was coming this summer.

37 minutes ago, red snow said:

that was an awesome stealth premier. Hearty laughs throughout the episode. If this is a sign of the season to come then we're in for  treat.

Hide contents

I knew Rick was trolling the interogator with his back story but the element that had me worried was the insinuation he wasn't the original/invented the transdimensional gun independently. But it was clear that was all bullshit so it's all good. Although I am curious as to what his wife was like and what happened to her. Maybe we'll get to see another her at some point this season now she's been more strongly hinted at?

Spoiler

You have to admit though, the original Beth being killed would kind of make a lot of sense. It would explain why Rick isn't attached to anything since it's all just alternate versions of his original life. Except for Morty and Summer, who wouldn't have been born yet.

General aside question: Do you guys think of Rick as white? I mean, his last name is Sanchez, which I believe is Mexican, and IIRC he show's up wearing a sombrero a few times. I genuinely cannot tell if he's supposed to be a POC or not. His skin is... gray, and evidently he even had blue hair when he was young.

Edited by Let's Get Kraken

Yesssss.

Will be back after I have a chance to watch it. :)

That was awesome. Well worth the wait. 

Spoiler

I kind of hope we get to follow a Jerry subplot for the season. The whole struggling marriage trope works, but it does need a break from time to time and I'd love to see current Jerry experience some adventures of his own. 

Rick is fucking awesome. They leant on the whole ''Rick thinks his way out of everything'' a little heavily this episode, but the way it's done is still so refreshing and fun that it doesn't feel rote at all. Can't wait to see what his genuine backstory is.

I think my favourite part of the episode was the distant ''excuse to take away our freedom'' (paraphrasing) you hear from Rick reacting to 9/11 right before it cuts away. Also, it's so fortunate that Rick is such an easy word to make puns out of. Seal Team Ricks :rofl:

Also, as if the Tammy character could become more awful.

This season is so fucking good... :drool:

Multiple Hugo-worthy episodes, but Rest and Ricklaxation really stands out for me.

Edited by Let's Get Kraken

I wondered where the discussion was for this, it has been excellent. I loved the Vindicators episode, Tales for the Citadel......no duff ones yet. Shame there's only 10 episodes a season.

2 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I wondered where the discussion was for this, it has been excellent. I loved the Vindicators episode, Tales for the Citadel......no duff ones yet. Shame there's only 10 episodes a season.

That might have been my favorite this season before the one with The Tales of the Citadel.

Amazing season. I'm also expecting a great finale, it seems to me they've been building toward a great plot twist or revelation.

I had to look up who eyepatch Morty was.  Great episode though.  I love that Blonde Redhead Track they use as the Evil Morty theme song too.

Edited by john

The punchline to man on the moon was excellent. The other clips were good but none of them beat that opener for me.

Great tease having mr poopy butthole briefly appear.

Rick editing Morty's memories was pretty dark and provided yet more evidence for why "evil" morty is justified. Like Morty said "how is he supposed to learn if he can't remember his mistakes"

The Ricklantis episode was excellent. It wasn't really funny but a great insight into individuality and how the system can break people down and is always skewed to benefit some at the expense of others (even when the people are all the same). It felt more like Charlie Brooker handed a "Black Mirror" plot over for them to watch in that it was dark satire rather than outright comedy. Great stuff and I'm glad they aren't afraid to do these types of episode/scenes every now and then.

Gotta admit, I haven't really enjoyed this season all that much, though I think that's more to do with me than the show per se. I don't think the show has actually declined in quality, my tastes have just changed and I'm starting to find the nihilism a bit much.

Odin's beard, this last episode (S3E9) was some dark shit. Froopyland is possibly the most f'd up world the show has ever introduced. And the whole subplot with Jerry was a bleak bit, too. Don't get me wrong, my twisted sense of humor still found it to be a pretty funny episode. But still, King Tommy is the most disturbing character since the pedo Jelly Bean King. Yeesh.