MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

On 4/5/2017 at 3:38 PM, James Arryn said:

Fucking Smoak. It can't be a good thing when your 1b hits 8th, right? And when I say 'hits' I mean 'swings'.

But he's got that awe-inspiring warning track power. Was so glad to see him leave Seattle.

M's forgot their bats in Arizona and now I just want to set myself on fire.

12 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

Ahem.

Last time Twins started 4-0 was 1987...when they went the distance and took the trophy.

You've all been warned.

/jinxing my own team

Hey Walder, does all the 'twin city' stuff with places all around the globe (like Toronto's twinned with Chicago, Milan, Chonqing, etc.) make you folk feel lazy?

2 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Hey Walder, does all the 'twin city' stuff with places all around the globe (like Toronto's twinned with Chicago, Milan, Chonqing, etc.) make you folk feel lazy?

Little bit, yes....we aren't the creative types.

Are the Seattle Mariners just a sick cosmic joke meant to see just how far a fanbase can be pushed before all their hopes and dreams are crushed forever?

Obviously, they aren't gonna be bad all season, the team is just too well built for it, but still, up until today, teams winning by 6+ runs going into the bottom of the 9th were 2529-1 going into today, guess it is 2529-2 now.

4 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Well, you guys certainly haven't been as insufferable as Sawks fans were.

Truth.

It's nice to see that Pineda remembers how to pitch every so often, but sucks that Sanchez is on the shelf for at least a month. Now Yankees have the weird tuesday off day.

On 4/9/2017 at 7:36 PM, GrimTuesday said:

Are the Seattle Mariners just a sick cosmic joke meant to see just how far a fanbase can be pushed before all their hopes and dreams are crushed forever?

Obviously, they aren't gonna be bad all season, the team is just too well built for it, but still, up until today, teams winning by 6+ runs going into the bottom of the 9th were 2529-1 going into today, guess it is 2529-2 now.

Come talk to me after you suffer through 20 straight losing seasons ;)

Archived