MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

1 minute ago, Lightning Lord said:

I collected the heck out of baseball cards growing up.  It was an exciting way to follow the game and waste some pocket money.  Then packs started costs two arms and three legs...

I might have stuck with it, but the limbless. neighbor children were starting to stand out a bit and raise questions.

Twins split with Mariners, with bizarre results.  I'll take this season as a blessing thus far - never imagined MN would be above .500 at this point in the season.

Lulz. You inhuman fiend! I hope you at least got some schweet gold foil rookies out of it.

I am envious of your team still being in the mix. I might consider sacrificing a couple of limbs of the less savory neighborhood rugrats to enjoy the same good fortune.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Lulz. You inhuman fiend! I hope you at least got some schweet gold foil rookies out of it.

I am envious of your team still being in the mix. I might consider sacrificing a couple of limbs of the less savory neighborhood rugrats to enjoy the same good fortune.

The thing is...with the way that kids forget things all the time, it's easy to insist that they just misplaced the appendage when they were focused on their Pokemons Go and Leagues of Minecraft.

That said, I am not willing to admit "in the mix" at this point.  Last season was okay until the wheels came off in the second half.  And then the rims went.  The axles snapped.  The oxen got dysentery and died.  Ervin died of cholera.  The ferry that we hired to take us across the river sunk and Phil drowned.  It was a rough year.

We did shoot a lot of bison.

11 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

You know what else I'm sick of on the MLB Network? Their bizarre love for the Zac Brown Band. I mean, WTF? 

I Googled what that was.

I don't think I like that.  Make that thing not be, please, oh Goblin King.  Take that band far away from me.

1 minute ago, Lightning Lord said:

I Googled what that was.

I don't think I like that.  Make that thing not be, please, oh Goblin King.  Take that band far away from me.

To destroy it I would first have to understand it. I am not willing to attempt that.

2 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

To destroy it I would first have to understand it. I am not willing to attempt that.

And I couldn't possibly ask you to  sacrifice yourself... the world needs you.

Would you at least consider finding Ryu some grilled meat and spicy fermented cabbage?  I am worried that without his natural food sources, he is losing his potency.

6 minutes ago, Lightning Lord said:

And I couldn't possibly ask you to  sacrifice yourself... the world needs you.

Would you at least consider finding Ryu some grilled meat and spicy fermented cabbage?  I am worried that without his natural food sources, he is losing his potency.

His natural food source is the soft, pink flesh of his enemies. He will have his fill of that the next time he faces the Giants.

This season continues to be the least compelling season of Cardinals baseball since the Lankford Era for me. I don't think we have much of a chance for a wild card spot, nor am I all that keen on our mid-to-long-term future. I have a hard time watching games when I fully expect the bullpen to blow any lead. (ps, our bullpen is now 0-9 in its last nine decisions. Whoof.) Among a slew of other issues. 

At least the Cubs are under-performing as well. Though I fully expect them to go about 40-15 soon enough.

Grrr...By my drunken count the Yanks are now 11-13 in games decided by 2 runs or less. 7 of those losses have come since May 29 (17 games played, 8 total losses, only 1 in of the sort in the timeframe).  This. Is. Frustrating.  So, those mad about Yank fans cluttering the thread - rejoice!

Anyway, just skimmed the last page, but I think exit velocity, at least for those at the elite levels, is a reliable indicator that helps explain why certain hitters have consistently and disproportionately high BABIPs.

5 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

I collected the heck out of baseball cards growing up.  It was an exciting way to follow the game and waste some pocket money.  Then packs started costs two arms and three legs...

I might have stuck with it, but the limbless. neighbor children were starting to stand out a bit and raise questions.

Twins split with Mariners, with bizarre results.  I'll take this season as a blessing thus far - never imagined MN would be above .500 at this point in the season.

Man, The M's are fucking bizarre. It's honestly like those rumors of Safeco (which will be renamed after the 2018 season since I guess Safeco/Liberty Mutual have decided not to re-up their naming rights deal) being built on a Native American burial ground, and as a result the team is cursed, are true, because literally every time they get some momentum and win some games, the cruel hand of fate swoops in and reminds us not to feel any hope by injuring someone.

Still a fun team to watch, I love our young outfield, and Haniger alone was worth getting rid of Taijaun Walker, as much as I liked the kid. And Gamel and Heredia have both put up 1.5 WAR each. Even Dyson had put up 2 WAR. With Haniger's 2.3 WAR, that's a 7 WAR outfield. Pretty sweet.

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Grrr...By my drunken count the Yanks are now 11-13 in games decided by 2 runs or less. 7 of those losses have come since May 29 (17 games played, 8 total losses, only 1 in of the sort in the timeframe).  This. Is. Frustrating.  So, those mad about Yank fans cluttering the thread - rejoice!

Yankees can't get Chapman back soon enough. Clippard is just not a reliable 8th inning guy.

Also, how come they didn't go with Warren to close out the game? Was there a reason mentioned or was Girardi just being weird? 

16 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yankees can't get Chapman back soon enough. Clippard is just not a reliable 8th inning guy.

Also, how come they didn't go with Warren to close out the game? Was there a reason mentioned or was Girardi just being weird? 

Well, as you probably know by now Warren (shoulder inflammation) is on the DL.  Just hoping Sanchez (abductor) and Hicks (achilles) don't follow him - the lineup tonight is ugly.  Judge has already homered, gonna probably need a couple more from him because Severino picked the worst time to give up 4 runs for the first time since May 1.

Chapman pitched in Trenton tonight - 0.2 innings, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts, and 1 run on two wild pitches.  He was supposed to join the Yanks on Sunday if his outing went fine.  Not sure if that qualifies...

42 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

really how fucking good is bellinger?

Prior to his call up I did not believe in the concept of romantic love. Needless to say my mind has been changed.

29 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Sweet Tap-Dancing Christ on a Cracker, this is all I need. A Cody Bellinger threesome featuring Gobbo and the Cannibal. Can you guys find another thread to blow this overrated farm product in? I'd like to keep down my surf and turf garlic noodles, thank you very much.

who are you again? 

1 minute ago, MercurialCannibal said:

who are you again? 

I'm the guy who's going to laugh his fucking ass off when your overpriced crew of degenerate rat-fuckers gets bounced out of the postseason yet again. Wonder who will get that honor this year? The D-bags? The Yuckies? The Ex-Expos? Only time will tell. ;)

Archived