MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

2 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Guys, I'm kind of bummed about Jayson Stark getting the boot from ESPN. It's more of a nostalgia thing really, as he and Jim Caple were the first baseball writers I followed billions of years ago, back when ESPN had Page 2 and Hunter S Thompson was a contributing writer.

Jesus, I know exactly the period you're talking about. And now I am nostalgic for Ralph Wiley too, also on Page 2 in those days I think...

14 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Of all the ESPN layoffs today that's the one that boggles my mind the most, too. It's nothing less than ESPN throwing in the towel on serious baseball coverage.

Going forward, Baseball Tonight will only have one regular weekly spot; as a preview show for Sunday Night Baseball. Forget 'serious' coverage, ESPN isn't covering baseball (or hockey) at all anymore. 

12 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Tanaka gem. Sawks hate scoring runs when Sale pitches. 

On 4/26/2017 at 9:05 PM, kairparavel said:

Stupid quote system.

The lack of run support for Sale has been maddening. They get on base fine but there's no power. I knew they wouldn't be able to replace Ortiz's production but their offense has just gone feckless.

7 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

The lack of run support for Sale has been maddening. They get on base fine but there's no power. I knew they wouldn't be able to replace Ortiz's production but their offense has just gone feckless.

Yup. You're dead last with a hr every 65 ab's(next closest team is SF at 51), and top 5 in avg while being bottom 5 in runs. It's obviously only April but you guys desperately need a bopper. Betts is a stud but I doubt 30 hr seasons are gonna be the norm for him. 

5 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yup. You're dead last with a hr every 65 ab's(next closest team is SF at 51), and top 5 in avg while being bottom 5 in runs. It's obviously only April but you guys desperately need a bopper. Betts is a stud but I doubt 30 hr seasons are gonna be the norm for him. 

I was hoping some of the slack would pick up with Benintendi, who actually hit one tonight to make the difference against the Cubs. But there's been practically nothing from Hanley, Bogaerts, Bradley, or Pedroia (whose power may just not come back).

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

I was hoping some of the slack would pick up with Benintendi, who actually hit one tonight to make the difference against the Cubs. But there's been practically nothing from Hanley, Bogaerts, Bradley, or Pedroia (whose power may just not come back).

You ready to overpay for Thames at the all star break?

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

What an amazing  comeback!

Incredible game. I can't believe Holliday's walk-off got out. It didn't even look like he swung hard. Machado's home run was crazy; over the restaurant and almost to the standing room only section. 

Archived