Better Call Saul -- Season 3 Fring-ing The Gang Back Together Again

SpaceChampion

24 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

I see that as an inevitable course for Chuck as well, the only other possible course is after losing Chuck cuts all ties to Jimmy, retires, and buys a ranch or something in a remote area of a state like Alaska or Montana (it would be funny if it was Wisconsin) where he's free (at least in his mind) from electricity and electric signals.

He'd be better off moving to one of the towns in the National Radio Quiet Zone. I know quite a few people who think they have his condition have moved there.

I can't see Chuck making it out of the series to live happily ever after w/his money in an off the grid zone.....Vince will never let him off that easily for all of his manipulations and how he now actively wants his brother to fail.  Kim won't make it out unscathed either, she may give up the law, she will I would suspect leave NM at the very least.  Although I am always a little surprised at how so many people just hate Chuck for being an ass, and yet are willing to forgive Jimmy all the bad and illegal things he does because he comes off as 'nicer'.  

5 hours ago, The Mance said:

All the pieces are there to completely break Chuck.  His recent high profile "mistake", the wacky electrical allergy, the temporary medical order, all the tinfoil wallpapering, etc.  All Jimmy needs to do is stick to the "confession as an attempt to placate his deranged brother" story and this all goes away.  Chuck has already denied the assault, and the b&e was just Jimmy forcing an inexplicably stuck lock on a door to which he had always been free to enter before.  

It would be interesting if Jimmy is the one who doesn't want to push his brother that far, and it's actually Kim who creates the rift between them by publicly crushing Chuck like that.

I'm not sure that would help.  there were two other witnesses (very conveniently).

18 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

I'm not sure that would help.  there were two other witnesses (very conveniently).

I don't think that matters, really.  Jimmy's defence would rely on framing the narrative about what was witnessed, not denying the events themselves.  

3 minutes ago, The Mance said:

I don't think that matters, really.  Jimmy's defence would rely on framing the narrative about what was witnessed, not denying the events themselves.  

He kicked in the door and destroyed property that didn't belong to him.  You can't do that, even if the homeowner is crazy.

Well but the last time Jimmy went to Chuck's the place was entirely shrouded in mylar.  This time when he gets there his poor delusional brother has barricaded himself inside and is spouting paranoid nonsense.  Jimmy has no reason to think that his key shouldn't work, so for all he knows Chuck has piled a bunch of furniture in the way.  Concerned that Chuck's delusions may drive him to harm himself, Jimmy forces his way inside.  

Once inside Jimmy searches for the locus of Chuck's paranioa, the tape, and destroys it.  Not because it's damning evidence, but because it represents the absurd lengths that poor delusional chuck has gone in obsessing over his latest paranoid fantasies.

With chuck's history of claims of bizarre symptoms, to the point of refusing medical care but for legal intervention, it's not a difficult narrative to support.

In addition, somewhere there's a report of chuck stealing his neighbor's newspaper after "sneaking" across the street in a mylar blanket.  If the copy store guy can stick to his story, then there's chuck injuring himself while angrily insisting that Jimmy was there when the clerk will say he wasn't.   And hell, jimmy's already got a doctor pushing for chuck's committal.  At some point even the fact that chuck had arranged for witnesses is going to work against him.  

51 minutes ago, The Mance said:

Well but the last time Jimmy went to Chuck's the place was entirely shrouded in mylar.  This time when he gets there his poor delusional brother has barricaded himself inside and is spouting paranoid nonsense.  Jimmy has no reason to think that his key shouldn't work, so for all he knows Chuck has piled a bunch of furniture in the way.  Concerned that Chuck's delusions may drive him to harm himself, Jimmy forces his way inside.  

Once inside Jimmy searches for the locus of Chuck's paranioa, the tape, and destroys it.  Not because it's damning evidence, but because it represents the absurd lengths that poor delusional chuck has gone in obsessing over his latest paranoid fantasies.

With chuck's history of claims of bizarre symptoms, to the point of refusing medical care but for legal intervention, it's not a difficult narrative to support.

In addition, somewhere there's a report of chuck stealing his neighbor's newspaper after "sneaking" across the street in a mylar blanket.  If the copy store guy can stick to his story, then there's chuck injuring himself while angrily insisting that Jimmy was there when the clerk will say he wasn't.   And hell, jimmy's already got a doctor pushing for chuck's committal.  At some point even the fact that chuck had arranged for witnesses is going to work against him.  

Except you have two other witnesses that can discredit that entire story.

Given the fact that we know Jimmy ends up working in a cinnabon, I don't know why you guys think he's getting out of this.  

13 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Given the fact that we know Jimmy ends up working in a cinnabon, I don't know why you guys think he's getting out of this.  

Have you not seen Breaking Bad? That explains why he ends up working at a cinnabon.

If you can I would watch Breaking Bad. The "Gene" scenes will have a whole other context afterwards. Plus there's a good chance that the show will start giving us more and more cinnabon scenes towards the end.  Or maybe even jump ahead to that time period entirely.

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

If you can I would watch Breaking Bad. The "Gene" scenes will have a whole other context afterwards. Plus there's a good chance that the show will start giving us more and more cinnabon scenes towards the end.  Or maybe even jump ahead to that time period entirely.

I've seen breaking bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if neither Chuck, nor Jimmy come away unscathed by this... something has to precipitate Jimmy's evolution to become Saul...maybe taking the condition, and changing his name so he can practice law again? ...  and my guess is that Vince Gilligan will give us the satisfaction of watching Chuck completely unravel .... I am just curious as to how Gus becomes aware of Jimmy/Saul .... I'm not sure if they ever do business together, but by Breaking Bad, Mike works for both of them...

I don't have the same level of hate that most seem to have for Chuck, I won't get any satisfaction out of seeing him unravel because his dirtbag, con artist brother drove him over the edge.

My impression was that Mike worked for Gus and did some side favors for Saul....but something drastic would have to happen to Chuck as he would never tolerate Jimmy still being a lawyer under a different name which is itself probably nsome kind of violation if he was disbarred or otherwise agreed not to practice as Jimmy McGill.

33 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

I've seen breaking bad.

Oooh ok. I know at least one person in the last thread said they hadn't seen it. But yeah Saul specifically mentions in the second to last episode of Breaking Bad that if he's lucky he'll end up managing a cinnabon in Omaha. Which is sorta weird that that's literally what he ended up doing. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Oooh ok. I know at least one person in the last thread said they hadn't seen it. But yeah Saul specifically mentions in the second to last episode of Breaking Bad that if he's lucky he'll end up managing a cinnabon in Omaha. Which is sorta weird that that's literally what he ended up doing. 

I don't remember that.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:

Well, I don't know, I've only seen the episode once, but i don't remember anything that was said or that occurred that would necessarily contradict this narrative.  And there are plenty of historical events that absolutely support Jimmy being concerned for the physical and psychological well being of his increasingly erratic and seemingly delusional brother.

1 minute ago, The Mance said:

Well, I don't know, I've only seen the episode once, but i don't remember anything that was said or that occurred that would necessarily contradict this narrative.  And there are plenty of historical events that absolutely support Jimmy being concerned for the physical and psychological well being of his increasingly erratic and seemingly delusional brother.

Just about everything Jimmy said after he kicked the door in, just to start.......

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:

Hmmm... Interesting.  I assumed that the cinnabon was between BCS and Breaking bad,.

Pretty sure the scenes of him working there are set after Breaking Bad, as it's really the only place that would fit in the story.  

13 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Just about everything Jimmy said after he kicked the door in, just to start.......

So what, specifically, did Jimmy say that contradicts the fact that the last time he was at Chuck's house Chuck was in the process of papering his walls with mylar?  And what, specifically, did he say that contradicts the fact that Jimmy, at the urging of a doctor who would rather have supported just having Chuck committed to a psyche facility, had to get a temporary order from a judge to force Chuck to accept medical care?  And what, specifically, did he say that affirms that the conversation that Chuck recorded was a sincere admission of guilt rather than just a desperate conciliatory gesture to talk Chuck down off the ladder?  

Remember that at the actual moment that Jimmy opens his mouth to "confess" Chuck is literally standing on a ladder in the act of attaching sheets of mylar to the entire inside of his house.  You can probably actually hear the rustle of foil on the recording.  How do you think that is going to play with a jury?

22 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

And also his criminal record, which would be admitted if he testified in court.  And the actual sequence of events with Kim and the account...which all squares with Chuck's account and Jimmy's confession.  And then you would have to bank on two or three people willing to commit perjury in court on Jimmy's behalf to make it work.  Doubtful.

Archived