Better Call Saul -- Season 3 Fring-ing The Gang Back Together Again

SpaceChampion

I know exactly what happened to him!  The trauma of everything he went through left him vulnerable to being recruited by the Meyerism movement where he changed his name and began his Path up the Ladder.

At least, that's what I could never get out of my head when watching the Path on Hulu.

Either way, very excited to have this coming back in August!

Nice to see this is coming back soon. Since Jessie was already a low level dealer he would be easy enough to have in a few scenes with other dealers, just not with Saul and a few others.

The "Breaking Bad" prequel recently concluded its third season on AMC as the third highest-rated drama on cable among adults 25-54. The third season averaged 3.6 million viewers per episode, including 2 million adults 25-54 in Nielsen live+3 ratings. "Better Call Saul" will return to the network with 10 new episodes in 2018.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/AMC-Orders-Fourth-Season-of-Acclaimed-Drama-BETTER-CALL-SAUL-20170627

• 5 weeks later...

Pumped it's back!  Typical Gilligan season opener, which means not much to talk about.  I loved Jesse to death, but I think Kim might be my favorite Gilligan character at this point.  If they kill her off I riot.

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Such a great show.  I fear for Jimmy's goldfish.  

I also don't think they will kill Kim, she will leave Jimmy and Albuquerque and that will be the last thread that finally creates Saul.

Amazing how they made us worry about the goldfish, that's good writing. Every little thing ties together to tell a story.

Gene in the opening was so good, too. Oh no, will this be it? Whew, he's in the clear. But wait, maybe not. This is his life now.

Spotted this, it's a nice recap of seasons 1 - 3:

15 hours ago, The Unborn said:

Oh man... when Howard admitted his guilt to Jimmy and he replied ''that's your cross to bear'' I wanted to slap him SO HARD !

I think Jimmy's response was the obvious one.  He wanted to say fuck you to Howard throughout the ep.  What better way?

14 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Such a great show.  I fear for Jimmy's goldfish.  

LOL, that's a valid fear with Gilligan.

14 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I also don't think they will kill Kim, she will leave Jimmy and Albuquerque and that will be the last thread that finally creates Saul. 

I hope so.  Apparently there is a large swath of douchebags on the internet have been expecting her to die for years.  See no reason that needs to be true.  As Gilligan has said himself, she's the most interesting character in this series.  Expect her to go to New York or LA or something.

10 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Gene in the opening was so good, too. Oh no, will this be it? Whew, he's in the clear. But wait, maybe not. This is his life now.

Indeed.  Based on his Gilligan's style, it's hard to not think something's up.

41 minutes ago, DMC said:

I think Jimmy's response was the obvious one.  He wanted to say fuck you to Howard throughout the ep.  What better way?

LOL, that's a valid fear with Gilligan.

I hope so.  Apparently there is a large swath of douchebags on the internet have been expecting her to die for years.  See no reason that needs to be true.  As Gilligan has said himself, she's the most interesting character in this series.  Expect her to go to New York or LA or something.

Indeed.  Based on his Gilligan's style, it's hard to not think something's up.

I have to disagree with him on this one. I like Kim a lot, and she’s easily the most sympathetic character, but most interesting? Not for me. I’d have her firmly behind Mike, Nacho, and even Jimmy, himself. 

29 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I have to disagree with him on this one. I like Kim a lot, and she’s easily the most sympathetic character, but most interesting? Not for me. I’d have her firmly behind Mike, Nacho, and even Jimmy, himself. 

Mike has already had his Very Special Episode.  Nacho is a guy named Nacho.  Kim is the heart of the show.  This is entirely a subjective debate, but I love the hell out of her and she deserves a non-dead send off.

Just now, DMC said:

Mike has already had his Very Special Episode.  Nacho is a guy named Nacho.  Kim is the heart of the show.  This is entirely a subjective debate, but I love the hell out of her and she deserves a non-dead send off.

How is his nickname a knock on the character? 

Glad to see this come back this week, needed something like this. The whole episode it's like man, where is Saul at, this guy reminds me of Gene, then when he lays that line on Howard it was like oh yeah Sauls back!

As to Kim, hell no, she needs to stay until the end of the series and be the reason Jimmy finally fully becomes Saul.

Am I the only one who loved what Mike did this episode? It's like he can't just take a paycheck without feeling like he earned it. At first I thought he was basically casing the place or trying to see if it's all just a front, then you realize he is actually doing what his job title says.

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Glad to see this come back this week, needed something like this. The whole episode it's like man, where is Saul at, this guy reminds me of Gene, then when he lays that line on Howard it was like oh yeah Sauls back!

As to Kim, hell no, she needs to stay until the end of the series and be the reason Jimmy finally fully becomes Saul.

Am I the only one who loved what Mike did this episode? It's like he can't just take a paycheck without feeling like he earned it. At first I thought he was basically casing the place or trying to see if it's all just a front, then you realize he is actually doing what his job title says.

Everything about Mike is great, and yes, I thought the same, I thought he was trying to find dirt to use against Lydia, making it even more hilarious that he earned his $$ as a security consultant.  I will always hate that BB killed Mike, I wanted him to live almost as much as Jesse.

I agree, Kim will be there until the last couple of episodes and will finally push Jimmy to go full Saul.  I kind of miss Chuck already though, that tragic dynamic between the brothers and how it both held and pushed Jimmy to do good/bad...and really the same with Chuck, was so fantastic.  

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

Yes, although there's possible benefits of actually doing his job- it's good to have witnesses that he actually does what's in his job description.

2 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

it's good to have witnesses that he actually does what's in his job description.

Right.  It was definitely more of an ass covering mission than him satisfying any kind of work ethic.  I'm sure he's comfortable with having earned that money already.  And now absolutely everybody at that facility will recognize the face of Mike Ermantraut, Security Consultant, when/if he ever needs to justify those paychecks. 

Archived