Better Call Saul -- Season 3 Fring-ing The Gang Back Together Again

SpaceChampion

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:24 AM, briantw said:

At least he went out with a badass line.

Okay, remind me what it was.  All I can remember from that scene is what an utter shit WW was and how much I hated him for doing that to Mike.  :bawl: 

2 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Okay, remind me what it was.  All I can remember from that scene is what an utter shit WW was and how much I hated him for doing that to Mike.  :bawl: 

I believe it was (as Walter is apologizing) "shut up and let me die in peace."

Read an article today that said it's possible WW and or Jessie can appear on BCS. Basically that the Gene time frame is or could be the same time that WW is in hiding. Might be something they do for the last season? Maybe Gene just reads the news that WW died?

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

Basically that the Gene time frame is or could be the same time that WW is in hiding. 

I doubt it. Gene looks older. It's possible he shaves his hairline to look like it's receding but otherwise I'd say a few years have passed. Besides Breaking Bad gave the impression that Walt never left the New Hampshire property until he went to call his son at that bar. 

I think if Walter appears in person it'll either be a background thing where he doesn't interact with Saul, or Kim or Nacho will meet him somewhere. 

On another note do we know how long hank was at the DEA? Gus suggested they'll probably show up later this season. 

32 minutes ago, RumHam said:

On another note do we know how long hank was at the DEA? Gus suggested they'll probably show up later this season. 

He was up for promotion fairly early in the series, if I recall correctly, so I'd imagine a while.  

13 minutes ago, DMC said:

Kim destroying Howard was the hottest thing ever.

Probably the best scene since Mike’s breakdown about his son. Rhea Seehorn was amazing. :bowdown:

The entire episode was great. That last scene with Gus and Nacho had me on the edge of my seat. I love this show. 

What a tour de force this episode was, and SO early in this season. I'm even more excited now for the rest of the upcoming episodes.  Rhea Seehorn has rapidly become the favorite actress on TV in our household.  I agree with others, the Kim/Howard scene was electrifying, no finer performance have me and my S.O. seen this year - or perhaps any year, from a television actress.  When BCS is submitting it's Emmy material, that scene better be at the very top of the list, Seehorn deserves at least a nomination, if not the statue itself for her work in EP2 this year.  Just wow.

The Mike/Lydia dynamic is great too, really gives some great background information regarding Mike's...distaste...for Lydia in Breaking Bad.  Heh, I also frequently get Todd's "Lydia" ringtone in my head as well - that was a brilliant piece of writing, including that in the Lydia character shtick.

The Gus final scene = heh...that showed the brutal side of Gus' character far more so than even the "Salud (my fav ep in BB) " episode 5 or 6 years ago now. I was totally sold, no suspension of disbelief required.  At all.  Esposito is such a powerhouse actor as well.  Comparing his work in Usual Suspects to this shows just how diverse and talented he is. 

Such a rare thing for a director/creator to catch lightning in a bottle twice in the same decade, let alone just a couple years after wrapping BB.  Gilligan = Genius.  Him, James Gunn, Kevin Feige, Patty Jenkins, and Jane Goldman give me hope that directors/producers/writers are becoming increasingly adept and taping into the indescribable things that make tv/film great.  Gilligan most of all though.

20 hours ago, DMC said:

Kim destroying Howard was the hottest thing ever.

Yes it was... which will make Jimmy's betrayal of her all the more painful... she is the best thing in his life by far... and he goes out of his way to burn everything good that happens to him to the ground

Strange thing, it was a really really good episode for all the reasons mentioned in this thread, Kim killed it, Mike destroyed Lydia, and Gus literally killed it. Not one mention of what Jimmy, the actual lead character did! Each comment was about the performances of the rest of the cast.

I would have to say this has been the strongest start to a BCS season yet. Loved how the Dr. from Johns Hopkins shows up due to a generous grant and the other Dr. is like thank you I'm getting the f@ck outta here! Then of course Jimmy can't resist a scheme, I mean if he had asked that copier guy he would have given him the little statue, he was planning to throw it away! Well, before calling him a sucker and leaving.

I've been wondering about Kim, the whole audience already knows she is the last back stop against "Saul" so I wonder if her departure will be happen in somehow a more unexpected or even tragic way than just 'Kim has finally had enough of Jimmy's BS and leaves him and NM".

I thought the premier was a quiet assured start but this second episode was a barn Stormer. So many excellent scenes and so many damn fine performances across the board.

Kim's attack on Howard was great and some mention has to go to the actor playing Howard in terms of his response to Kim's tirade. I really thought the guy was going to burst into tears and it's clear Howard is taking the loss bad. I also liked how Kim flipped my take on the previous episode's closing scene where I thought Jimmy was being harsh with his "your cross to bear" line.

I liked the line about the photocopier being too good at copying 5 dollar bills and just knowing that's how Jimmy was so familiar with it. It was odd how he went the extra mile for the job only to throw it away. I guess he wants the fight and isn't actually wanting any of the jobs? I got the impression the ornament was random rather than the purpose of the interview.

This is a show where everyone involved is at the top of their game. I think the could make a show about painters watching paint try visually stunning and engaging.

Archived