Anyone bothered by Brianne killing Stannis?

Angel Eyes

I was bothered by Brienne killing Stannis, since she essentially abandons Sansa to be found and mutilated by Ramsay or Myranda, whoever finds her first; after all, Ramsay doesn't need Sansa in one piece to produce an heir and it's only because of Theon that Sansa's in one piece. Also, she does it in the name of King Renly, who she says was the rightful king. Renly was never the rightful king in the first place.

Yeah its best not to dwell on it. It will only piss you off more. I found the way they handled Stannis in the show insulting. I just don't believe he'd burn his daughter. Sure he was willing to burn people, but I feel like burning his daughter was a level he'd never go to. I feel like in that moment he would curse his duty. I think him refusing to kill his daughter and getting taken by winter would of been a more fitting end. Not having him go out a pansy losing to Ramsay. Which I highly doubt will happen in the books.

• 2 weeks later...

I dislike Stannis so much that the only thing I disliked about his death was that it happened offscreen. I wanted to clap like I did when Ollie chocked and when Sansa fed the dogs. 

Brienne spent most of the season starring at that window in case the candle goes on, her leaving in just the moment Sansa lit it is classic tragedy, showing that everybody has their flaws, even Brienne who, together with Davos might constitute the morally "whitest" characters in ASoiAF.

It didn't matter to Brienne who the so called "rightful" king was (there is NO rightful king or queen in all this mess) she was loyal to Renly because she loved him and he had shown her kindness and acceptance, even going so far as welcoming her into his King's Guard.

Just like Davos was loyal to Stannis because Stunnis had shown him mercy and granted him a better way of life.

So Brienne and Davos have the same fatal flaw: unwavering loyalty to a wannabe king who might not always have been worthy of that loyalty.

Archived