NFL Offseason: What's a Chris Collins Worth?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

31 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

He has a couple of different vids centered around that. I think the NBA ones are the funniest. 

That's the one I had in mind. "Hey, I'm a reverse racist when I watch the NBA." "White guy fouls black guy in the paint. Of course, what else is he going to do? He's can't stop him legally." 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

That's the one I had in mind. "Hey, I'm a reverse racist when I watch the NBA." "White guy fouls black guy in the paint. Of course, what else is he going to do? He's can't stop him legally." 

I love that bit. I like when he's yelling at the white guy for shooting the ball. There's at least one NFL one as well. I'll have to see if I can't dig it up.

3 hours ago, sperry said:

While I am dubious about Jimmy G's potential as a franchise quarterback, I think the Patriots probably have to trade him this year. Unless they know for a fact that Brady is out after 2 more years or something, they can't afford to pay Jimmy what he's going to get on the market when he's an RFA next year. Paying two QBs, even with Brady's reduced salary demands would undermine everything they're doing re: value on players.

That could all be true, but what I'm saying is that if I were in the Texans Front Office, I would not want to trade for Garappolo under any circumstances. If it turns out the Patriots are willing to trade him to us, then that means Belichick doesn't consider him that good.

3 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

That could all be true, but what I'm saying is that if I were in the Texans Front Office, I would not want to trade for Garappolo under any circumstances. If it turns out the Patriots are willing to trade him to us, then that means Belichick doesn't consider him that good.

Agreed. If I was an NFL GM and the byline on my career was "never made a deal with Bill Belichick" I think I could hang my hat on that.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Carry on. Try not to tomahawk one another. That's against the ToS.

If you have over 10k posts not only is it okay by the ToS it is actively encouraged.

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Agreed. If I was an NFL GM and the byline on my career was "never made a deal with Bill Belichick" I think I could hang my hat on that.

Disqualifying Jets GMs, the only team Belichick's never traded with. They don't deserve the credit. And who was the last competent one?

10 hours ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

Belichick also might know that he's retiring with Brady, and thus doesn't really give a fuck about what happens after that.  It kind of seems that he's leaning that way with the deals he's been making this offseason.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Didn't he say a few years back that he wanted to win without Brady before retiring?

Something came out a few weeks ago to that effect, yeah. Bob Kraft also said that he and Belichick have talked about it and they both know what his plans are.

Archived