NFL Offseason: What's a Chris Collins Worth?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Just now, Kalbear said:

This would be awesome only to see @DanteGabriel and @Rockroi explode in conniptions: Pats interested in trading for Richard Sherman.

I can't imagine they have the capital to move that.  Wilson is there, so they can't pull a fast one with Grappolo like they might be able to with a QB desperate team.  I also don't see any players they'd be able to trade 1-1 (that they could afford losing).  But damn, him and Gilmore would be a fantastic pairing. 

1 minute ago, JonSnow4President said:

I can't imagine they have the capital to move that.  Wilson is there, so they can't pull a fast one with Grappolo like they might be able to with a QB desperate team.  I also don't see any players they'd be able to trade 1-1 (that they could afford losing).  But damn, him and Gilmore would be a fantastic pairing. 

I doubt it'd cost the Pats much. It's not like losing Earl Thomas, and Sherman is quickly losing his value in Seattle as a player and as a personality. The sides might be getting tired of each other, honestly. Seattle had been in talks to move Sherman before his contract expired before this. 

What I'd be surprised about is whether or not the Pats actually want Sherman. He's a good 1:1 corner, but he relies heavily on having good safety help and makes a lot of mistakes in coverage on his own. 

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

This would be awesome only to see @DanteGabriel and @Rockroi explode in conniptions: Pats interested in trading for Richard Sherman.

I would mostly be on board, assuming Sherman has at least 2-3 years of high level play left, which is big assumption. I mean, yeah, I sportshate Richard Sherman, but I enjoy his outspokenness and would welcome him on my team. I wonder how he'd mix with the team's general stance on players having "personality." Martellus Bennett may have greased the wheels on that a bit, but his quirks were pretty harmless and creative, while Sherman is a no-shit Angry Black Man who will definitely piss some townies off. Personally, I'd love it if he kept talking and started saying shit about Trump, since he's been pretty willing to call out Bob Kraft for his cozy relationship with another awful incompetent leader.

It seems pretty unlikely to me though. Would they offer up 2018 picks for him? I'd rather they just offer Butler $12 million a year and go with the in-house guy. Too many big free agents and this'll start to feel like the Nnamdi Asomugah "Dream Team" that fell over like a big falling thing.

This probably just exposes the moral rot of the douchey Patriots though, somehow.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

I doubt it'd cost the Pats much. It's not like losing Earl Thomas, and Sherman is quickly losing his value in Seattle as a player and as a personality. The sides might be getting tired of each other, honestly. Seattle had been in talks to move Sherman before his contract expired before this. 

What I'd be surprised about is whether or not the Pats actually want Sherman. He's a good 1:1 corner, but he relies heavily on having good safety help and makes a lot of mistakes in coverage on his own. 

McCourty graded out by PFF as a top 3 saftey this season, behind Wheddle and Collins.  So Sherman would be a quality fit without getting into salary cap or personality conflicts. 

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Report is that the Seahawks are asking for a good player and a high draft pick. Haha, no thanks.

Please just pay Butler and get on with it. Whatever he wants now will be below market in two years.

This is all just a sideline to low balling Butler, I'm sure. 

27 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

This is all just a sideline to low balling Butler, I'm sure. 

I'm sure that's at least part of it -- Bill and Pete reminding their guys that they're replaceable.

ETA: actually I'm not sure how this helps lowball Butler. "And if you don't like it, we'll trade away more draft capital for a guy who's older than you and will be even more expensive than Gilmore!"

15 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The universe hates us. That's the only conclusion I can come to at this point. We are fucking cursed.

oh boo hoo only 4 superbowls what a horrible curse

16 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Brian, probably just shenanigans or taking the temperature, but there's an increasing buzz from 'insiders' that QB is very much in play for the 1st overall. This is where you skip MG and we trade the pick...

If the Factory of Sadness fucks this up, I think we keep the pick.

25 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Brian, probably just shenanigans or taking the temperature, but there's an increasing buzz from 'insiders' that QB is very much in play for the 1st overall. This is where you skip MG and we trade the pick...

I'll believe it when I see it.  I still think Garrett goes number one overall.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I think that guy's a game changer. If the haul is absolutely insane, then I'm with you. Outside of that, if that guys still sitting there at #2 you take him.

No, I meant you're forgetting about who we are now. Good things don't happen, and Kal's mentioning the 18th century Prince Alfred Honerary Awards are cold comfort. So if he drops, I fully expect us to fuck it up, or like a DVA. Of course if we trade for several picks, that's several DVA's so maybe we should think of this cosmically and limit the damage. 

Archived