Smaller Things Even Less Worthy of a Thread of Their Own

Datepalm

My car keys have been missing for 4 days now.  I've checked all the usual spots. They weren't on my computer desk, they weren't on the table, they weren't on my dresser, and they weren't on my bookshelf. I've even checked every single pocket of all the clothes I own. 

I suppose it could be locked in my car, but I can't see them in there. Maybe under the seats? I'm just not ready to put up cash yet to check. Not when there is still a chance I'll find them around the house.

I'm starting to think gremlins. I hate gremlins. They did the same thing to me a few weeks ago with my wallet, but I was able to find that after 4 days. Stupid gremlins. 

On 5/28/2017 at 0:14 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

My car keys have been missing for 4 days now.  I've checked all the usual spots. They weren't on my computer desk, they weren't on the table, they weren't on my dresser, and they weren't on my bookshelf. I've even checked every single pocket of all the clothes I own. 

I suppose it could be locked in my car, but I can't see them in there. Maybe under the seats? I'm just not ready to put up cash yet to check. Not when there is still a chance I'll find them around the house.

I'm starting to think gremlins. I hate gremlins. They did the same thing to me a few weeks ago with my wallet, but I was able to find that after 4 days. Stupid gremlins. 

Shifty little bastards.  They have mine as well, although it's only been 2 days.  

^ sorry about your keys! One time after I got locked out of my car, I bought a magnetic key holder to stick a spare under the car, and also made an additional spare to keep in the house. One is probably enough though. Regardless, I highly recommend spare keys!

----------

Finally got all of my stuff in my room. I was afraid it wasn't going to find in this tiny space, but it has. There's a lot of crap I won't need now, or just don't need for other reasons, that will remain packed up -- I'm probably moving again in a few months. So my bedroom is going to look like a warehouse with a bed, but it's been worse!

On 5/28/2017 at 0:14 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

What kind of car?  Most are actually possible to unlock with a little time, effort, and elbow grease...

17 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

are emoticons 21st century punctuation

I once did a paper on the language of text messages and it turned out that generally, the texts that ended with an emoticon lacked the final punctuation sign. In other words, most texts ended either with a punctuation sign or with an emoticon, but only very few in both.

So, up to a point, yes.

I still like texts (in general, not just text messages by mobile phone) to end with punctuation, though. I am old-fashioned like that.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I once did a paper on the language of text messages and it turned out that generally, the texts that ended with an emoticon lacked the final punctuation sign. In other words, most texts ended either with a punctuation sign or with an emoticon, but only very few in both.

So, up to a point, yes.

I still like texts (in general, not just text messages by mobile phone) to end with punctuation, though. I am old-fashioned like that.

I think I rarely rarely end what I'm writing online with punctuation marks but often use emoticons 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So, up to a point, yes.

What nonesense is this?! :commie: 

On 5/31/2017 at 3:43 PM, Lizard Princess said:

^ sorry about your keys! One time after I got locked out of my car, I bought a magnetic key holder to stick a spare under the car, and also made an additional spare to keep in the house. One is probably enough though. Regardless, I highly recommend spare keys!

----------

Finally got all of my stuff in my room. I was afraid it wasn't going to find in this tiny space, but it has. There's a lot of crap I won't need now, or just don't need for other reasons, that will remain packed up -- I'm probably moving again in a few months. So my bedroom is going to look like a warehouse with a bed, but it's been worse!

Yep. My room looks exactly like this. Stacks of rubbermaid containers full of junk I have no use for until I move somewhere else. And moving is probably why I don't have a spare key right now. Wherever I lived, I'd always keep my spare car key in the same place, the back left corner of my closet. So when my main key went missing I went to grab the spare, but it wasn't there. I'm assuming that when I moved a few months back I left it in the last house. Good luck with your next move!

On 5/31/2017 at 7:10 PM, larrytheimp said:

What kind of car?  Most are actually possible to unlock with a little time, effort, and elbow grease...

It's a Ford Focus. And it looks like it's getting to the point where I'm going to have to find a way to get in, just to make sure the keys weren't locked in the car somewhere that we can't see them from the windows. My sister swears she brought them inside, but I've completely turned this place inside out and have come up empty. And it's not like they were lost somewhere else. I mean, the cars outside. They have to be somewhere in the area.

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

What nonesense is this?! 

It is no nonesense! It is a crime to make a post without an emoticon these days? I do not understand today's children, I sure do not.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Phew. That was a close one! Poor guy nearly wandered off without punctuation to turn him back.

Good one!

*no emoticon post*

This morning my husband and I found a cell phone in the middle of 57th St. walking into work.  Husband took it to return to owner. As we were walking in, several casually racist texts floated in from someone.  Husband was considering whether to return or leave back on sidewalk :P.  Decided to for the good karma of the return was probably for the best.  Lesson, btw, is that you should (1) have your phone locked by passcode and (2) not have notifications automatically pop up with information on the screen.

My transportation engineering professor and thesis supervisor used be (is?) a professional bellydancer. I mean, theres brief appearances in music video with a household-name local band. I am not allowed to tell this information - making her the cooles of all professors - to anyone.

Archived