Smaller Things Even Less Worthy of a Thread of Their Own

Datepalm

15 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

My transportation engineering professor and thesis supervisor used be (is?) a professional bellydancer. I mean, theres brief appearances in music video with a household-name local band. I am not allowed to tell this information - making her the cooles of all professors - to anyone.

She sounds awesome 

Thanks, Kaniggit! Good luck with your own next move (:

----------------

Yippee, I've been productive today. I felt bad not applying to jobs yesterday, but I guess I needed a day to myself. I feel much more gung-ho today.

This is an add on Craigslist:

I have a studio im sharing for 220 a month or 20 bucks a day for temporary peeps. There's only one condition it's that I'm afraid of really tall people and heavy set people because im super small in height and weight and have a super sensitive nose to the natural heavy-set people odor. I'm lookin for healthy-fit, positive attitude, responsible, clean people, non-alcoholics, non smoker and no drugs. 
There's 2 beds, a masters bed and a junior bed. Who ever keeps apt clean every second daily gets the master bed with the huge larger side of the apt. Everything is furnished (There's a dining table, tv with tv table, a coffee table, a sofa and the 2 beds , a big closet that's 3/4 empty and a lot of unused kitchen cabinents. I don't use the tables because i have no use for them so the tables are at your will. you can rearrange everything to your liking. No pets allowed, there's laundry machines, and parking on street. Im located in saint paul. Anyone under 5ft 7 is fine. Age 21 -29. Girl or guy it doesn't make a big deal but mostly prefer girls because of the no odor. Sorry im a super small person and have a sensitive nose.

1 hour ago, Lizard Princess said:

This is an add on Craigslist:

I have a studio im sharing for 220 a month or 20 bucks a day for temporary peeps. There's only one condition it's that I'm afraid of really tall people and heavy set people because im super small in height and weight and have a super sensitive nose to the natural heavy-set people odor. I'm lookin for healthy-fit, positive attitude, responsible, clean people, non-alcoholics, non smoker and no drugs. 
There's 2 beds, a masters bed and a junior bed. Who ever keeps apt clean every second daily gets the master bed with the huge larger side of the apt. Everything is furnished (There's a dining table, tv with tv table, a coffee table, a sofa and the 2 beds , a big closet that's 3/4 empty and a lot of unused kitchen cabinents. I don't use the tables because i have no use for them so the tables are at your will. you can rearrange everything to your liking. No pets allowed, there's laundry machines, and parking on street. Im located in saint paul. Anyone under 5ft 7 is fine. Age 21 -29. Girl or guy it doesn't make a big deal but mostly prefer girls because of the no odor. Sorry im a super small person and have a sensitive nose.

I like the whole 'no use for tables' angle. Maybe he/she just needs a booster chair in their life?

I've had a stomach disease for about a year now -- it seems to be abating and is mostly what I would call mild now. I feel strange today, mostly when I move around. For some reason I feel just little bit light-headed and almost nauseous. I bought this pizza I've never had from the store yesterday -- there may be something in it my body doesn't like, probably for lack of eating it. I was also unusually hungry when I got up, so blood sugar probably has something to do with this too. 

I've got a tooth abscess. I knew I had it since last time I was at dentist. It  wasn't bothering me in the slightest but I wanted to nip it in the bud before it did so I scheduled a 2 hours appointment on June 28 to take care of it (root canal, build up, etc.).

The abscess decided it couldn't wait. On Saturday it was like a switch was flipped and my mouth went from being fine to serious pain quite quickly. Now the right side of my face is visibly swollen, I don't look like me, I've got a fat lip, my sinus cavities in my face feel very hard to the touch, especially on the right side, I can't sleep, and I'm in agony.

I've got an emergency appointment for the dentist today.

If on the very slight chance anyone is feeling Deja vu, this very same thing happened to me in summer of 2011.

:(:crying::(:crying::(:crying::(:crying: 

3 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

I've got a tooth abscess. I knew I had it since last time I was at dentist. It  wasn't bothering me in the slightest but I wanted to nip it in the bud before it did so I scheduled a 2 hours appointment on June 28 to take care of it (root canal, build up, etc.).

The abscess decided it couldn't wait. On Saturday it was like a switch was flipped and my mouth went from being fine to serious pain quite quickly. Now the right side of my face is visibly swollen, I don't look like me, I've got a fat lip, my sinus cavities in my face feel very hard to the touch, especially on the right side, I can't sleep, and I'm in agony.

I've got an emergency appointment for the dentist today.

If on the very slight chance anyone is feeling Deja vu, this very same thing happened to me in summer of 2011.

:(:crying::(:crying::(:crying::(:crying: 

Ouch :( I sympathise massively, tooth abscesses are the worst when they get like that. I remember mine, I was out with the dog when it flared up and I was sat down in the middle of a field whimpering for a good 10-15 minutes before I pushed myself to scurry home and cry. Hope all goes well at the dentist for you.

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Ouch :( I sympathise massively, tooth abscesses are the worst when they get like that. I remember mine, I was out with the dog when it flared up and I was sat down in the middle of a field whimpering for a good 10-15 minutes before I pushed myself to scurry home and cry. Hope all goes well at the dentist for you.

Thank you. 

I'm so weak. I'm pretty sure the dentist won't be able to do anything other than put me on antibiotics and hopefully some strong painkillers. I just hope he doesn't send me to the er, I just want to get back home, get started on antibiotics, put my ice pack back on my face, dose myself with painkillers and conk out for a while, hopefully I'll be better by next week so I can keep my appointment for the root canal and all that.

ETA:

Back now. I got antibiotics and painkillers :)

And yogurt! If I don't eat probiotics while I'm on antibiotics I end up getting thrush. Thrush in the same mouth as an abscess is something I definitely do not want!!!

I have to go back to the dentist tomorrow when he will puncture the abscess and drain it. Then for the next two or three days I have to go back each day to get checked.

Hopefully by next Wednesday I'll be able to keep my appointment to have the root canal.

:(:(:( Hope it goes OK. Dentistry is the worst.

My laptop has started getting stuck on ALLCAPS from time to time no matter whether the CapsLock key is pressed - usually starting when I'm in a Citrix environment but persisting outside of that environment - and the USB mouse's left click no longer works (this is not to do with the mouse, which works fine stuck into another machine: the laptop will not register left-click from a USB mouse).  It's done blue-screen-of-death four times in the past three months. I may need a new laptop.

2 hours ago, Zoë Sumra said:

:(:(:( Hope it goes OK. Dentistry is the worst.

Thanks.

I really love my dentist though, the entire office too. They make it so comfortable, so painless. I have no anxiety whatsoever once I'm there in the chair, often I even start dozing. The pain comes when I see the bill though, they're high end and I really can't afford them, but I don't want or trust anyone else to do the work.

Sorry about your laptop, it does sound like it's on its last legs. Make sure you at least have everything backed up. 

The other night I dreamed that when logging the Board a message popped out informing us about a poster suing another one. Apparently X poster had written a book and convinced Y poster to buy it. Y poster was suing X poster because the book was shitty in their opinion. Funny thing was that Ran was endorsing poster Y by informing all the community about the suit... 

I think this was the first time dreaming about the board ^_^

So last week I walked into the neighborhood Dentist to make an appointment for teeth cleaning. The receptionist took some basic info and after a few minutes she said her next available slot was on the 6th, I thought for a moment and decided sure "I could do the 6th."

Just as I was getting ready to leave I decided to fill out one of those appointment reminder cards, the kind people put on the fridge occasionally. I asked her to repeat the date and time again, she replied 10 A.M Sept. 6th. SEPTEMBER ??? I assumed she meant July 6th.

A 10 week backlog at this dentist office, man I'm thinking, I just wanted a teeth cleaning session not open heart surgery.

So this week I'll be checking around the area for a office that can accomodate me a little sooner than the Fall, considering were only just about a week into Summer.

What made the whole thing a little incredulous for me was that I told the reception to never mind I wouldnt be able to make an appointment months in advance, thats just too far out I told her, just drop the appt please. She was genuinely angry with me for pulling out of making the appointment, she gave me like one of those death glares. I was still laughing by the time i'd reached my car, seriously 10 weeks, theres no way im gonna make a "non life or death" appointment 10 weeks in advance. like I said its teeth cleaning not open heart surgery. I'm confident I will find another office with a much more reasonable time frame. 

6 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

My barber was cutting my hair sunday, and he found a gray hair on my right sideburn.

And I'm only 26 years old :(

As a fellow 26 year old I sympathize. I haven't seen a gray hair yet, but the receding hairline has already begun.  I remember how my dad looked in his early 30s, and my hair's future is bleak. 

6 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Having a totally shit sandwich morning.  Beer isn't even really helping.   Find me in the whisk(e)y thread later, folks.

What's the saying? 'Beer before liquor, never sicker'. Unless of course you're one of those super-humans this rule doesn't apply to. In that case, have at it!

And now for the odd story I came into this thread to tell in the first place. Earlier today while cooking dinner I got a call from a friend of mine who I know has been going though a hard time lately. The very first thing out of her mouth?

"What's life about?"

I'm not sure if I heard her correctly so I ask her to repeat the question.

"What's life about?"

Now I'm worried. I know she's been going though a hard time, and I think she is having an existential crisis. I don't know where she is and I don't want her to hurt herself. I start panicking as I try to think how to reply. 

"To do the best you can? To enjoy yourself?"

She responded, " What? What the hell are you talking about? The movie, Life. I'm in line at a store and it's real cheap. What is it about? I need something to do tonight. Is it any good?"

:angry2:. I don't think anyone can blame me for making that mistake.

On 27. 6. 2017 at 10:54 PM, KingintheNorth4 said:

My barber was cutting my hair sunday, and he found a gray hair on my right sideburn.

And I'm only 26 years old :(

I am 25 and have had a few grey hairs on the top of my head for a few years now. Luckily they do not spread. ;)

I wish I had haircolour like my grandfather. He is over 80 years old and has almost no grey hairs yet, which only started appearing relatively recently. And no, he is not bald either.

Archived