Smaller Things Even Less Worthy of a Thread of Their Own

Datepalm

On 24/6/2017 at 10:21 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

So last week I walked into the neighborhood Dentist to make an appointment for teeth cleaning. The receptionist took some basic info and after a few minutes she said her next available slot was on the 6th, I thought for a moment and decided sure "I could do the 6th."

Just as I was getting ready to leave I decided to fill out one of those appointment reminder cards, the kind people put on the fridge occasionally. I asked her to repeat the date and time again, she replied 10 A.M Sept. 6th. SEPTEMBER ??? I assumed she meant July 6th.

A 10 week backlog at this dentist office, man I'm thinking, I just wanted a teeth cleaning session not open heart surgery.

So this week I'll be checking around the area for a office that can accomodate me a little sooner than the Fall, considering were only just about a week into Summer.

What made the whole thing a little incredulous for me was that I told the reception to never mind I wouldnt be able to make an appointment months in advance, thats just too far out I told her, just drop the appt please. She was genuinely angry with me for pulling out of making the appointment, she gave me like one of those death glares. I was still laughing by the time i'd reached my car, seriously 10 weeks, theres no way im gonna make a "non life or death" appointment 10 weeks in advance. like I said its teeth cleaning not open heart surgery. I'm confident I will find another office with a much more reasonable time frame. 

I've recently changed hospitals for this very reason. I liked my former doctors, but I like better not to have to wait months for an appointment. 

I've somehow got some flea bites on my arm. I haven't been around any animals so I have no idea where or how I got them. But it's four bites across my arm that form a nearly perfect 90 degree angle. I'd be impressed if they weren't so itchy. 

Hubby persuaded me to write a things-to-do list earlier, as it normally helps us get to grips with having a lot of things to do at once. Sadly as three of the things on the list will take at least three months each, it's not been a wholly positive experience...

My roommate of four years has moved out this weekend. It's been a few days of confusion over her trying to find friends to move, then resorting to a mover this morning, before I knew what was happening. I was at work when she texted saying movers were coming. She closed my bedroom door, and apparently was in a couple disputes with the guy, who threatened her and her dad. Well, the piece of shit also opened my door when she wasn't looking, took 120 dollars and my little weed grinder off my desk. I wish I could press charges, but it is illegal paraphernalia and all. The dickhead didn't take my canteen next to it that had my actual stash though, so I guess that's a silver lining! 

People are bad. I am pretty pissed at my roommate, but she's going through a really hard time, and I told her I don't care about the money, I just hope she pushes to get the guy fired.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:43 PM, Buckwheat said:

I am 25 and have had a few grey hairs on the top of my head for a few years now. Luckily they do not spread. ;)

I wish I had haircolour like my grandfather. He is over 80 years old and has almost no grey hairs yet, which only started appearing relatively recently. And no, he is not bald either.

I found my first gray hairs when I was 17.  Started going bald when I was about 25.  I'd be glad to have my gray hair back! ;) 

My laundry machine is broken, along with dishwasher, my dryer, and my heart.  Anyway, while doing laundry today at the laundromat I used some extra quarters to buy some bouncy balls out of machine and I am having a blast tossing them around the empty laundromat.  

Looking forward to sharing them with the cats tonight.

My spirit remains indomitable and unbroken!

4 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

My laundry machine is broken, along with dishwasher, my dryer, and my heart.  Anyway, while doing laundry today at the laundromat I used some extra quarters to buy some bouncy balls out of machine and I am having a blast tossing them around the empty laundromat.  

Broken appliances suck, but I'm most sorry for your broken heart.  Much love your way :grouphug:

3 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

The power of the superball is not to be denied. Surefire way to get my grandson to stop pitching a fit. He loves just firing one all over the livingroom and kitchen and chasing it down. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2017-07-20/in-surrealist-twist-dali-to-be-exhumed-in-paternity-lawsuit

How far would you go to prove who you are? 

Aside from the fistfight I saw this morning at the local gas station, this is the oddest thing I've come across today. Apparently this woman has fought with the Spanish courts for about 20 years to prove she is the heir to Dali's estate. Let the circus begin!

Interested to see how it turns out.

20 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2017-07-20/in-surrealist-twist-dali-to-be-exhumed-in-paternity-lawsuit

How far would you go to prove who you are? 

Aside from the fistfight I saw this morning at the local gas station, this is the oddest thing I've come across today. Apparently this woman has fought with the Spanish courts for about 20 years to prove she is the heir to Dali's estate. Let the circus begin!

Interested to see how it turns out.

If I were trying to get 25% of Dali's estate... I might go pretty far.  Unfortunately my lineage is pretty well documented.

A man today approached me out of nowhere to talk about veganism. Yep, like the memes. He tried to keep conversation even after I told him I approve dog stew (which was a bitchy move from my part to shut him up), and was polite all the time. He probably had some kind of social issues, regardless of his eating habits, so I felt a bit guilty afterwards for mocking him, but I couldn't help myself in that moment...

My air conditioner was blowing ice cold air at 7:57pm tonight.

At 8pm it decided to start blowing hot air.  Within a few minutes the temperature went from a wonderful 72 degrees to a suffocating 80 degrees.  I turned it off, investigated, thermostat now says 87.  It's 9pm. It's so humid here.  So hot and humid.  There's no way to sleep.  

I got the "Don't call us we'll call you."  brush off letter from yet another seemingly really good job interview.  I'm trying to promote and after 10 interviews over about 15 months at hundreds of miles driven I'm just fucking tired.  

But I don't make a living wage so the grind goes on. 

On 7/7/2017 at 10:03 AM, Ded As Ned said:

I found my first gray hairs when I was 17.  Started going bald when I was about 25.  I'd be glad to have my gray hair back! ;) 

Found my first gray hair on my 18th birthday.  Now many years later, I'm the only sister out of the six of us who hasn't gone completely gray.

• 2 weeks later...

TORNADOES!!!

News and even the EBS been breaking in on regularly scheduled TV all afternoon here. EF1 tornado hit about 10 miles from here, flipped a car completely upside down on top of two other cars in a parking lot. Two more warnings in the area since. Been raining like crazy all day over 2 inches in one hour at the height.

I was watching GOT on On Demand and the EBS broke in on that to tell me a tornado warning was issued.

Current tornado system is 30 miles east and moving further east and weakening so I think worst is over. But weather supposed to be unsettled still for a while.

Archived