Deadpool 2: Cross Universe Casting

Rhom

Didn't realize that Shatterstar is supposed to be in this. Was wondering about him, Feral and Cannonball. I haven't heard of some of the other characters (Surge, Bedlam). Is this a brand new X-force team or are they going after a specific comic series / timeline / story. My google skills are failing me at the moment.

On 3/22/2018 at 6:33 PM, WarGalley said:

Didn't realize that Shatterstar is supposed to be in this. Was wondering about him, Feral and Cannonball. I haven't heard of some of the other characters (Surge, Bedlam). Is this a brand new X-force team or are they going after a specific comic series / timeline / story. My google skills are failing me at the moment.

Yeah, Lewis Tan confirmed he's Shatterstar the other night, on Twitter. I don't think Feral and Cannonball are in this. Cannonball is in the New Mutants movie. Surge, similar to Negasonic Teenage Warhead, is a relatively obscure character, though not as obscure as Negasonic. She was on a New X-Men team, with other iconic X-Men such as Elixir...and Dust. I've heard the woman in the trailer isn't Surge, though. I've heard it's someone named Electric Eve -- absolutely no experience with her.

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to their picks. I think they mostly jury-rigged this team with characters from different eras. Shatterstar and Domino are the more instantly recognizable X-Force members. I never read the comic which featured Bedlam in the lineup. That lineup also featured Pete Wisdom. I only know Pete Wisdom from Excalibur, when he was dating Kitty Pryde...which had to break some kind of law, as she was severely underage, I believe. Bill Skarsgard is playing Zeitgeist, from a more comedic lineup of the team. His power is to vomit. Not joking.

Shatterstar and Domino are your early 90s characters.

Wisdom and Bedlam are from the late 90s, when comics were dying and Marvel was bankrupt.

Zeitgeist is from the early aughts.

3 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Donald Glover tweets out a script for his cancelled version of Deadpool.  Looks like he whipped that up after the fact, taking issue with the claim he didn't have time for Deadpool.

Although if he could whip it up after the fact it would suggest he can knock out a script pretty quickly yet again countering the argument his other committments were slowing him down?

A script for the final episode does not mean a script for every episode in the season though.

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Worth pointing out that's about the show and not the film.

I have to wonder whether it being canned is more to do with the Disney take over? I can remember Clone wars was binned mainly because it wasn't a Disney show prior to the purchase. I can imagine franchise products being made for FX etc are on hold until the dust settles. Doesn't mean every show goes in hiatus but X-men, Avatar, alien/predator type shows. Why create entanglements?

It doesn't mean we won't get a Deadpool animated show for the Disney streaming channel in a couple of years though.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

'Pump the hate breaks Thanos'

'So dark, are you sure you're not from the DC universe?'

Splitting the bullet... now where have I seen that before?

:lol:

From the studio that killed Wolverine :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived