Deadpool 2: Cross Universe Casting

Rhom

The marketing experience is almost better than the film experience.

With the film, you know what you're getting and when (you choose to watch). The marketing is just random goodness sprinkled over the year. Love it.

On 04/05/2018 at 1:46 PM, Myrddin said:

The marketing experience is almost better than the film experience.

With the film, you know what you're getting and when (you choose to watch). The marketing is just random goodness sprinkled over the year. Love it.

It's a weird world where the marketing can be much more inventive (potentially) than the film. I wonder if there's cross over between the marketing and film writing team? The humour seems very similar for it not be. I get feeling Reynolds has a stamp on a lot of it - it's clearly his dream character as if inhabiting the Deadpool persona just brings out his A game

18 hours ago, red snow said:

It's a weird world where the marketing can be much more inventive (potentially) than the film. I wonder if there's cross over between the marketing and film writing team? The humour seems very similar for it not be. I get feeling Reynolds has a stamp on a lot of it - it's clearly his dream character as if inhabiting the Deadpool persona just brings out his A game

I kinda get the impression that the Deadpool character and Reynolds' inner monologue may be a perfect match.

19 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

I kinda get the impression that the Deadpool character and Reynolds' inner monologue may be a perfect match.

While watching Deadpool, I really feel like I was watching Van Wilder:  Superhero.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

While watching Deadpool, I really feel like I was watching Van Wilder:  Superhero.

Ok just watching RR's twitter account read out loud.

20 hours ago, red snow said:

I have to think that Reynolds and the writing team are at the very least involved in choosing which marketing gimmicks they go with.  As you said, the humor is just too similar.

Yes, Ryan is involved in the marketing ideas. Go to about minute 2 for when he talks about it.

Gotta say, I love watching Graham Norton clips.

It's still crazy how this film would never have been made without that leak - and shows how scared/wary Hollywood can be of doing something different. Now look at them with the most successful X-men film under their belt.

Need to keep an eye out for him doing interviews in the UK while he's over here promoting the film

Random awesomeness continues.

At this point I think the sequel could be mediocre and I'd probably be happy thanks to these promo pieces. Seems hard to imagine the film could suck if this effort is going into the promo.

Liked the "Australia is barely even on the planet"

At this point I think the sequel could be mediocre and I'd probably be happy thanks to these promo pieces. Seems hard to imagine the film could suck if this effort is going into the promo.

TBH that's kind of how I view the first one. Not a great movie, but a very funny mediocre one. 

TBH that's kind of how I view the first one. Not a great movie, but a very funny mediocre one. 

That's actually a pretty good point. Goes to prove how the laughs can be cover up a lot. It sums up a lot of the marvel movies (GOTG and Ragnarok) and partly explains why I find the DC movies inferior (they don't use laughs to cover up the weaknesses)

10 hours ago, Myrddin said:

The difference is, Suicide Squad was a mediocre movie that wasn't very funny. :)

I can't remember any jokes in suicide squad either. Harley Quinn realising she was a comic book character might have helped but it wouldn't have saved a film being devoid of plot and structure. I still recall them randomly stopping for a beer after spending 20 minutes walking down a street.

I think all the funny bits were pulled out for the trailer, so I went in expecting more of that. Harley being self aware would be funny, but not really needed to make it work. Just better writers I guess.

Archived