Football - #WengerOut

Consigliere

:lol: Nice one Fellaini.

In fairness that's not really a head butt, I think he's just lowering his head to do that stupid forehead to forehead rubbish footballers do and Aguero hurls himself to the ground. Still funny though.

10 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

:lol: Nice one Fellaini.

In fairness that's not really a head butt, I think he's just lowering his head to do that stupid forehead to forehead rubbish footballers do and Aguero hurls himself to the ground. Still funny though.

I really don't understand that. If you're going to get yourself sent off for headbutting someone, fucking nut them a good one. Silly wanker.

Decent point for both sides. Not a great game especially from a United point of view. It was like our game against Liverpool at Anfield where we just set out our stall to get a point. Not how I want to see United play. Really silly from Fellaini to even get involved like that seconds after picking up a yellow.

newcastle promoted without winning the championship. kind of a letdown. as i felt they had the quality to win the league comfortably. now they are embroiled in some tax related shenanigans. i haven't been able to learn much about it much less learn what potential penalties they may incur. rafa will need to almost completely remake that squad to play and compete in the premiership. we only have a handful of players who are actually epl qualified. 

today could see sunderland dropped officially though it has been a certainty for months. 

watching the premier league all season without my club involved has actually been a joy. no weekends of trepidation and letdown. just sitting down and watching teams i may or may not care about playing. it has been fun. next year i will return to the angry pacing and occasional jubilant screams. 

oh, football

4 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

That was a pretty turgid Premier League day. Can't have been many times the first game on Match of the Day has been a 0-0. Especially when it is 'only' Southampton and Hull.

Yeah 4 goals in 5 games...  Pretty meager. 

The worst unbeaten run in PL history continues.

I only hope that Bailly's injury isn't serious. There was always an 80% chance that this game would end in a draw and given our remaining fixtures, qualifying for the CL via the league is extremely unlikely. I'd have preferred us putting out a second string team and concentrating on the EL.

This is cruel to an Arsenal fan - taunting us with prospects of Top 4 still being in play.

I'm genuinely torn as to whether we should qualify for Top 4 or not. Not qualifying is probably the only way it'll be a wakeup call to Wenger, but I worry that will be the start of a real decline where we become a has-been, especially if it means we have trouble attracting top class players. As mediocre as the last decade of league finishes has been, Arsenal have never dropped out of the "top tier" of English sides.

The next two matches (Tottenham and United) will be the main test. Getting 4 points out of them would be a great return and put us back on the map for top 4, but I have a feeling we will be more like 0 or 1 point.

1 hour ago, Jeor said:

This is cruel to an Arsenal fan - taunting us with prospects of Top 4 still being in play.

It's a trap. It's to lure the Arsenal fans into some vague sense of false Wenger Trophy hope just before the match against Spurs.

Archived