Trailer Thread IV

HexMachina

On 8/23/2017 at 6:32 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

They had me at Adam Scott! :) But yep, I like the look of this, nice to see it's released soon too

This was directed by Eli Craig, who directed the truly excellent Tucker and Dale vs. Evil

I watched this recently and while Little Evil has some really good laughs in it, it doesn't subvert the genre tropes nearly as effectively as T&DvE did. One main complaint is that the movie doesn't utilize Evangeline Lilly effectively. Adam Scott does deliver however, as do the other supporting characters.

On 9/6/2017 at 2:39 PM, The Great Unwashed said:

This was directed by Eli Craig, who directed the truly excellent Tucker and Dale vs. Evil

I watched this recently and while Little Evil has some really good laughs in it, it doesn't subvert the genre tropes nearly as effectively as T&DvE did. One main complaint is that the movie doesn't utilize Evangeline Lilly effectively. Adam Scott does deliver however, as do the other supporting characters.

I agree.  It wasn't a bad movie, but I was a bit let down because the trailer had me expecting so much.  I think they should have used Tyler Labine more, but the lesbian stepdad was hilarious - she stole every scene she was in.  I looked her up on imdb and added a couple of her upcoming movies to my queue, one in which she plays a mother of a rapper in Jersey... I can't even reconcile the two characters as the same actress in my mind.  I'm definitely looking forward to watching more of her work.

And she gives a good interview

On 12/09/2017 at 6:05 PM, GallowKnight said:

The Disaster Artist Trailer

Downsizing Trailer

The Disaster Artist was one of the funniest books i've ever read, if its half as good it will be epic. 

Also very excited for the Punisher, i hope he gets to interact with Iron Fist at some point just for the shits and giggles. 

6 hours ago, Corvinus said:

The new Tomb Raider

I don’t know about this one. 

On one hand I LOVE Tomb Raider and I like Alicia Vikander(spelling?)BUT, I find her a boring actress and the trailer didn’t grab my attention as much as I had hoped. 

I guess I will wait for reviews before I watch this. 

34 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

I don’t know about this one. 

On one hand I LOVE Tomb Raider and I like Alicia Vikander(spelling?)BUT, I find her a boring actress and the trailer didn’t grab my attention as much as I had hoped. 

I guess I will wait for reviews before I watch this. 

I actually quite liked that trailer (still won't go to the theater for it though), but I love adventure movies and think there has been way too few of them since the rise of comic book movies.  Totally agree about AV though, and I don't understand why she's such a hot name in Hollywood right now.

Archived