Trailer Thread IV

HexMachina

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

So 1930s Dumbledore was all in with the fashion of the day, 90s Dumbledore said fuck it, I'm just gonna wear a nightgown at work. :P

I wasn't impressed with the first movie, but this one looks interesting. Here's hoping that between Law and Depp, we can get a decent one.

My thoughts exactly... Damby looked dapper... 

I am still not sure about Law as Dumbledore, but he is a great actor and he can pull it off.

That said, it was nice seeing Hogwarts again :wub:

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The less they use Depp the better. Yes I realise that’s a fruitless hope in a film for which he is cast as the titular character...

Well, they can always do something like they did with Voldemort. He was mainly off-stage, but when he would appear, all the hell would break loose :D 

On 13/03/2018 at 7:01 PM, Corvinus said:

So 1930s Dumbledore was all in with the fashion of the day, 90s Dumbledore said fuck it, I'm just gonna wear a nightgown at work. :P.

But whatever decade it is, Dumbledore is still apparently leaving most of the dangerous fights against the Dark Arts to his students.

23 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The less they use Depp the better. Yes I realise that’s a fruitless hope in a film for which he is cast as the titular character...

Maybe there's a shock twist where he turns into Colin Farrell halfway through the film, although sadly I think that's unlikely to happen.

On 3/13/2018 at 4:52 PM, Risto said:

My thoughts exactly... Damby looked dapper... 

I'm fairly certain Jude Law wakes up dressed and looking dapper.

3 hours ago, williamjm said:

But whatever decade it is, Dumbledore is still apparently leaving most of the dangerous fights against the Dark Arts to his students.

Ha!

Pumped for this.  Only watched it once, but didn't notice the telepath in the trailer.  Hope she plays a good-sized role.

7 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Well no one else has posted this here yet so guess I will.

Infinity War

"I'm Peter, by the way."
"Dr. Strange."
"Oh, we're using our made up names... then I am Spiderman."

:rofl: 

6 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Nightflyers

I just watched this about five times. Yes, they changed quite a bit of the story, and I do bite my nails that the show will be on the same level as the original Nightflyers story (a major GRRM favorite of mine), but it looks like the visual quality is there... and I did get a glimpse of Melantha (Melanie? on the show) going in for some kissyface :spank:

I will say that when I heard about this show actually happening a few months ago, I was struggling to see how they could make it happen given the outcome of the book. (trying not to spoil too much here)

8 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Spoiler filled Trailer for Sicario: Day of the Soldado (god, what a stupid title).

Yeah not a fan of the title. Reminds me of how Edge of Tomorrow was changed to Live, Die, Repeat mid-release. Fans on Reddit recommended not watching that trailer altogether.

2 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Yeah not a fan of the title. Reminds me of how Edge of Tomorrow was changed to Live, Die, Repeat mid-release. Fans on Reddit recommended not watching that trailer altogether.

Don't. It gives away the entire plot. 

Can’t wait for Soldado. With The Irishman still being so far off it’s probably the movie I’m most looking forward to right now. 

Under the Silver Lake also looks interesting. Garfield has been killing it in everything he’s in lately, and I loved IT Follows. 

On 2018. 03. 20. at 8:27 PM, SpaceChampion said:

Nightflyers

Not liking it. Looks like a generic scifi horror. Poorly lit, dark corridors, random noise music to generate tension... meh. Not the direction I wanted them to go for.

1 minute ago, SweetPea said:

Not liking it. Looks like a generic scifi horror. Poorly lit, dark corridors, random noise music to generate tension... meh. Not the direction I wanted them to go for.

I agree, if I hadn't read the story it was based on I doubt the trailer would interest me much.

21 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Cobra Kai, a sequel tv show reboot thingy of Karate Kid, and even as someone who isn't a huge fan of Karate Kid, I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking what the fuck is that!?

It looks both oddly charming and like some bizarre alt-right fanwank. 

Archived