Trailer Thread IV

HexMachina

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Since when does the legend/tradition/folklore of Robin Hood have any concern for history?

Well at least in the sense that stuff be period appropriate, not whatever this is.

Just now, Corvinus said:

Well at least in the sense that stuff be period appropriate, not whatever this is.

Don't get me wrong this looks like an absolute load of guff but in reality we know as much about what period is appropriate for Robin Hood as we do for King Arthur. The traditions associated with Arthur obviously became much more fantastic whereas Robin later became associated with a specific historic period but I can't see any particular reason why his adaptations have to play it all straight or even assume that period as right (though it looks like this one is pretending to).

1 minute ago, GallowKnight said:

I had to post it as soon as I saw it.It l looks truly awful.

Yeah, this is going to be an epic train crash. Strange really. You'd think the people involved in this have more than enough cloud to pick better projects.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:59 PM, GallowKnight said:

The Predator Trailer

The blurb on IMDB for this film is hilarious:

When a young boy accidentally triggers the universe's most lethal hunters return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

Not a scientist, a science teacher :lol: I hope that when the Predator starts killing people, they have that character look into the camera and say something along the lines of 'Come on, buddy. Take an interest in science. What could be the reason people have vanished?'

On 5/10/2018 at 7:29 PM, polishgenius said:

You can tell they're trying to hide the Shane Blackness of the whole thing. The news that they've supposedly reshot most of the last third of the movie isn't entirely encouraging either, but I hope he pulls it off.

Shane Black bought a lot of credit with me after making The Nice Guys. I don't think it looks very promising and the reshooting does sound bad, but the fact that he's doing this film (and that it's not a reboot, but a sequel) does peak my interest. I hope the film is great and does well :) 

1 minute ago, Veltigar said:

does peak my interest.

I've seen people spell it this way about five times this week for some reason (oh, except one person spelt it 'peek') and I'm sorry but I just can't take it anymore...

It's pique. PIQUE!

And that's my fit of peek for the wique.

19 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I've seen people spell it this way about five times this week for some reason (oh, except one person spelt it 'peek') and I'm sorry but I just can't take it anymore...

It's pique. PIQUE!

And that's my fit of peek for the wique.

You're right to correct me. I'll never learn if someone doesn't show me. Thanks :) 

Archived