NHL Playoffs: Stanley's Suitors

l2 0 5 5

Page 22 on prior thread so made a new one.

What I posted on previous thread before realizing that our fridge was full:

I watched PTI today and they debated over if it's bad for NHL that top teams like Washington and Chicago to be down and potentially knocked out of the playoffs in first round. Typical ESPN take on hockey... If they'd watch the Leafs and Preds for more than a couple minutes they'd realize that they both have stars on the team. They just love to S the D of the big markets.

16 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Page 22 on prior thread so made a new one.

What I posted on previous thread before realizing that our fridge was full:

I watched PTI today and they debated over if it's bad for NHL that top teams like Washington and Chicago to be down and potentially knocked out of the playoffs in first round. Typical ESPN take on hockey... If they'd watch the Leafs and Preds for more than a couple minutes they'd realize that they both have stars on the team. They just love to S the D of the big markets.

I hate this "we must have big market teams deep into playoffs" talk in any US/Canada major sport.

If any league doesn't want small market teams in the finals, then by all means, don't put teams in those markets.

And why would ESPN care in this case, anyway? They don't broadcast NHL games.

The first two games we had Polak, our best defender, spying on Ovechkin and keeping him relatively quiet. Since we lost Polak for the series 8 has really come to life. 

Meanwhile it seems like Nylander is the driving force for most of our offensive chances. He's special.

Fuckity.

What a horrible clusterfuck of braincramp extraordinaire that goal was. We have possession 1-4 in our end with the 1 cap laid out on his belly and 3 unforced errors in a row in like 5 seconds turns it into a Washington open break/goal. Even if we just fuck up twice in a row it's offside on them, but no, we needed to give them that extra help too.

Two games with the series on the line tonight and one to get ahead 3-2, should be an interesting night of hockey. Pens could use a quick start tonight, getting out of the gates slow is not the way to keep going. Time to send Torts' stupid ass to the golf course.

Gotta give Fleury a ton of credit for weathering the storm from the Jackets tonight, 49 saves on 51 shots is a great night between the pipes, especially after losing game 4 with a shaky game. Great way to boost his confidence going into round 2.

One more period to go for the Preds!

Loudest loudest goalie chant i've heard from our crowd Buying the fuck out of round two tickets! 

Swept the fucking Hawks. I'm so happy! Feels so sweet. 

11 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Congrats to your Preds, Mark. They look like the team to beat in the West. 

Thanks man :) The Ducks, Sharks and Blues all scare me but i'm just gonna enjoy this for now. 

Whew haven't been here in a while, lol. Glad to see NHL talk is still going here. 

Preds look terrifying. Good to great in all aspects of the game. I didn't watch them much in the regular season, but can't help wonder how on earth they finished with the WC2 spot. Reminds me of 2012 when a loaded Kings team finished 8th and steamrolled everyone in the playoffs. 

And Oilers are fighting well in this one (good response after getting bombed in g4). But they just seem to lack the playoff intensity that the Sharks have in droves. 

Also, props to the jackets for having a great season. Weresnki is a phenomenal talent and a warrior. I read somewhere that in every game in their playoff history, they've allowed AT LEAST 3 goals. Guess that's what you get when you play the prime Red Wings and Penguins. 

Torts postgame interview

The look on his face at the beginning is fucking priceless. "That was not a 4-1 series.". Uh, yes that's exactly what it was, John. Hit the links, asshat.

Woke up to see the Oilers won in OT. There's a lot of interesting things happening in the first round this year, and the young teams are making a showing of themselves.

Archived