NHL Playoffs: Stanley's Suitors

l2 0 5 5

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

Torts postgame interview

The look on his face at the beginning is fucking priceless. "That was not a 4-1 series.". Uh, yes that's exactly what it was, John. Hit the links, asshat.

Woke up to see the Oilers won in OT. There's a lot of interesting things happening in the first round this year, and the young teams are making a showing of themselves.

Except Calgary...

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Except Calgary...

To be fair, the young guns were firing, but they were let down by their veteran goalie. Elliot was either average or terrible in this series. From what I saw the Flames actually carried the play for most of the series (which, in the end doesn't matter but there's a positive takeaway)

4 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

To be fair, the young guns were firing, but they were let down by their veteran goalie. Elliot was either average or terrible in this series. From what I saw the Flames actually carried the play for most of the series (which, in the end doesn't matter but there's a positive takeaway)

I'll have to take your word that's the one series I didn't watch one minute of. I heard Elliot was bad though. 

Looks like that hit looked worse than it really was, Ovi's back. They shouldn't be allowed to hit low like that anymore, but according to the intermission crew, as long as Kadri didn't stick out his knee, technically that was a legal hip check.

7 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Looks like that hit looked worse than it really was, Ovi's back. They shouldn't be allowed to hit low like that anymore, but according to the intermission crew, as long as Kadri didn't stick out his knee, technically that was a legal hip check.

Yeah, it wasn't as dirty as I first thought.

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I'll have to take your word that's the one series I didn't watch one minute of. I heard Elliot was bad though. 

Yeah I had a vested interest because I really badly wanna see an Alberta playoff series. Was a little tyke the last time it happened. 

If the Kings held their lead against the ducks on the last reg season game, we'd have seen the BoA in the first round this year. Alas, there's always next year.  

4 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Yeah, it wasn't as dirty as I first thought.

In real time, it sure looked dirty with how Ovi goes down. I do find it interesting how pissed off he is and is trying to kill anyone in a Leafs jersey this period, as Ovi lines up and runs guys all the time. Must not like getting a taste of his own medicine.

6 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

In real time, it sure looked dirty with how Ovi goes down. I do find it interesting how pissed off he is and is trying to kill anyone in a Leafs jersey this period, as Ovi lines up and runs guys all the time. Must not like getting a taste of his own medicine.

Yeah, i didn't think it was dirty on first replay, but the crowd and his reaction...studies show this is why home field/court/ice advantage is a thing, because refs respond to environments like other humans. 

31 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Yeah, i didn't think it was dirty on first replay, but the crowd and his reaction...studies show this is why home field/court/ice advantage is a thing, because refs respond to environments like other humans. 

I thought it looked like leg on leg in real time. The replay clearly showed it was a hip check though. Who the hit was on matters too though. The big starts are going to get the calls in any sport. 

23 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I thought it looked like leg on leg in real time. The replay clearly showed it was a hip check though. Who the hit was on matters too though. The big starts are going to get the calls in any sport. 

I hear ya, but if the game's decided on a ppg for a non-penalty because of the name on the back of the jersey, expect much bitterness.

I don't expect the Bruins to win the series at this point, but they just got hosed on a goaltender interference call in overtime. Kuraly was getting pushed into him, managed to avoid most contact even after that, and fucking hell did that goalie flop. Ugh.

Two minutes later another scrum at the goal line gets another lengthy review and they call it no goal for the Bruins again. Jesus Christ what is going on here?

On 2017-04-21 at 4:05 AM, Nictarion said:

Jackets 17 years and counting without winning a playoff series. Pretty terrible. I would love to see Tortorella get bounced but I doubt it after how much they over achieved all season. 

The Florida Panthers last won a playoff series in 1996. The Winnipeg Jets last won a playoff series in 1987 (granted, the team relocated and was inactive for 15 years). The Jackets aren't the only team with a terrible playoff record.

Archived