New First Look Images for Season 7

Westeros

HBO has blasted out fifteen new images from the forthcoming 7th season of Game of Thrones, covering a range of the show’s key characters, many of them in their new, black-is-back fashions ahead of what’s likely to be a dark season. You can see the images in our gallery, but here’s a couple of examples to whet the appetite:

GoT-Sn7_FirstLook_15.jpg

GoT-Sn7_FirstLook_01.jpg

Game of Thrones returns to screens on July 16 in the US, July 17 in Europe.

Visit the Site!

.....the book Gilly is reading appears to be a verbatim quote from The World of Ice and Fire:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/File:GoT-Sn7_FirstLook_04.jpg

Did Cogman sneak-in an in-universe/in-TV continuity appearance of Maester Yandel's book?

It is also written that there are annals in Asshai of such a darkness, and of a hero who fought against it with a red sword. His deeds are said to have been performed before the rise of Valyria, in the earliest age when Old Ghis was first forming its empire. This legend has spread west from Asshai, and the followers of R’hllor claim that this hero was named Azor Ahai, and prophesy his return. In the Jade Compendium, Colloquo Votar recounts a curious legend from Yi Ti, which states that the sun hid its face from the earth for a lifetime, ashamed at something none could discover, and that disaster was averted only by the deeds of a woman with a monkey’s tail.
– TWOIAF Ancient History: The Long Night

Book Gilly is reading:

...who fought against it wi..
...red sword.  His deeds are sa...
...have been performed be...the rise of Valyria in the
...rliest age when Old Ghis w...
...first forming its empire.
..[T]his legend has spread west fr
om Asshai, and the followers of the Lord of Light claim that
this hero was named Azor Ahai
and prophecy his return.  In the
Jae Compendium, Colloquo
Votar recounts acurious legen from Yi Ti, THAT states the s....

yeah...barring a change from "Which" to "That" at the end (I think) and "R'hllor" to the more familiar "Lord of Light"....that's TWOIAF.

...I wonder if Sam and Gilly will actually mention Yandel by name in dialogue.

11 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

.....the book Gilly is reading appears to be a verbatim quote from The World of Ice and Fire:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/File:GoT-Sn7_FirstLook_04.jpg

Did Cogman sneak-in an in-universe/in-TV continuity appearance of Maester Yandel's book?

Book Gilly is reading:

yeah...barring a change from "Which" to "That" at the end (I think) and "R'hllor" to the more familiar "Lord of Light"....that's TWOIAF.

...I wonder if Sam and Gilly will actually mention Yandel by name in dialogue.

That is one damn fine bit of detective work! Bravo! Woman with the Monkey-Tail Hat, confirmed! I cannot wait! Will totally make up for Stoneheart.

I can see how the dialogue in this scene will go:

Gilly: "It says something about a woman with a monkey hat... "

Sam: "Gil-ly, I told you, we need to find information about the Others, not some monkey-tail.."

Gilly: "This IS about the Others! It says we need a woman with a monkey-tail hat!"

pure HBO gold. 

47 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

...she didn't have a monkey-tail hat, she had a monkey tail.

True enough; they wear monkey tail hats in Yi Ti to this day in remembrance of her deeds. I was conflating them to he humorous. 

The guy that played Lem Lemoncloak tweeted that the Hound is wearing his cloak.  Makes sense cause he took his boots, but I know a few people were wondering if they were likely to do a reversal of the Hound's helm / mistaken identity side plot.  I didn't think so since it seems a little late in the game and can't really think of how or why that would fit.  Unless I'm missing something.  Also it kinda contrasts with the fancy northern style jerkin he's wearing in the earlier cast costume pics they put out.   

That's a fancy northern style leather outfit Sandor is wearing, it looks new. And he's super clean, too. No dirt on his hands, beard trimmed, and his teeth are even clean in the promo video. He stopped somewhere and got a spa treatment and new duds!

26 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:
27 minutes ago, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

Or the dog groomers... :lol:  ugh, yes I know that joke was a dud.  :blush:

That was good! :lol:

I agree, it was on point

• 2 months later...

Archived