Joff's Valyrian steel dagger

300 H&H Magnum

I just watched Preston Jacobs' latest vid and an idea came to mind.  So this very expensive dagger was given to an assassin to kill a comatose boy.  Tyrion thinks Joffrey sent the killer to Bran in order to impress Robert.  It's a bit outrageous but well within the realm of the possible.  However, I do want to ask a few questions,

1.  What if Joffrey had a dream that told him to kill the wolfboy. 
  2. Bran is special and perhaps it's important to kill him with this special material, Valyrian steel.  The Starks are ice and what better way to kill a Stark than with a metal made Valyrian steel.  Maybe killing Bran with this weapon will prevent his soul from ever transferring to the weirwood net.
  3. This is a possible foreshadowing for the best way to kill the white walkers.

I can't help but wonder how much of Bran's misery and journey North was prompted by Bloodraven...

1) Plenty of people have done things after having weird dreams...

2) Mayhaps?

3) Wouldn't that be dragonglass?

2 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Awe but what does dragon bone do?

The people of Qarth grind it up and use it as boner medication.  The rest of the world looks down on this sort of dragon poaching, but since the ruins of Valyria are so destitute and remote, there is little that can be done to stop the bone(r) trafficking.

3 minutes ago, LindsayLohan said:

The people of Qarth grind it up and use it as boner medication.  The rest of the world looks down on this sort of dragon poaching, but since the ruins of Valyria are so destitute and remote, there is little that can be done to stop the bone(r) trafficking.

I bet Baelish has pounds of it stored away. It's probably why he was able to please Lysa so well.

7 hours ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

What if Joffrey had a dream that told him to kill the wolfboy. 

I have speculated before that  maybe the Others are manipulating some individuals, through dreams, etc. so the can weaken the realm and thus make their whole mission easier. There are two problems

1.- There no evidence so far from relevant PoV (e.g. Cersei) that it is actually happening.

2.- It creates problems with the moral message of the book that individual choices matter. Being manipulated by supernatural beings dilutes responsibility.

Despite of this, Euron might be a case. There is very slight hints of this.

3 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

It creates problems with the moral message of the book that individual choices matter. Being manipulated by supernatural beings dilutes responsibility.

I agree with this.  Predestination does not make for a good story.  

11 hours ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

Bran is special and perhaps it's important to kill him with this special material, Valyrian steel.  The Starks are ice and what better way to kill a Stark than with a metal made Valyrian steel.  Maybe killing Bran with this weapon will prevent his soul from ever transferring to the weirwood net.

Interesting even if it's just over generosity by Joffrey to give his henchman a v/s dagger.  It does make you think that there is more to this attempted murder.  Killing a skin changer with a v/s weapon might prevent them from escaping to another host as you say or it may keep them from reincarnating back to life in the future.  It's a permanent death.  Brandon the Builder, Brandon the Night's King, whatever his past life may have been, can be ended for good with a v/s dagger.  Fire vs. ice.  

16 hours ago, Illyrio Po'Marties said:
  Hide contents

You don't watch the show, do you?

Hide contents

Jon Snow kills a "white walker" with a Valyrian steel sword.

Show is show and books are books.

Archived